Start by marking “Happy Valentine's Day, Dolores” as Want to Read:
Happy Valentine's Day, Dolores

Happy Valentine's Day, Dolores

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Time and time again Dolores has been told to keep out of her big sister Faye's room. But when Dolores sees Faye hiding a mysterious heart-shaped box, she can't resist sneaking in and taking a peek. Join the irrepressible Dolores and her long-suffering cat, Duncan, in this hilarious escapade as Dolores pushes the limits of sisterly love and learns that, in matters of the he ...more
Published December 23rd 2008 by Square Fish (first published December 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Valentine's Day, Dolores, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Valentine's Day, Dolores

Kathryn
2.5 Nothing too special--what does Dolores learn from her mistake???--and the cat isn't in it enough! :-(
Miri
Dolores and Faye are sisters, so they don't always get along. Dolores likes to go through Faye's things, and this time when she does, she finds an awesome frog necklace that sings, she wonders who her sister is giving it to, or if someone gave it to her. She decides to wear it to school and show it off, but then she loses it! What is she going to do?
Jenny
This is a cute little story where the younger sister learns to not mess with her sister's stuff. I like the silliness that ensues and that it involves a cat.
Jackie
Delores gets into a little hot water when she 'borrows' a frog necklace from her sister, Faye. Then, she accidentally loses it, and has to find a way to replace it. Delores vows never to 'borrow' any of Faye's things again. Happy Valentine's Day, Delores is story that combines trustworthiness, giving, and the happiness of sharing Valentine's Day with your family and friends.

Used for "Hearts-A-Beating" storytime- February, 2010.
Jen
Dolores "borrows" a necklace from her sister's draw without Faye knowing about it. When she loses the necklace, Dolores goes on an adventure to try and replace it and get it back into the drawer before Valentine's Day. I read this to a group of 1st graders this week and they seemed to enjoy the story.
Dolly
Jan 16, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun story that has a Valentine's Day theme, but also focuses on sibling relationships. The narrative is entertaining and the illustrations are colorful and cartoonish. We enjoyed reading this book together.
Ami
This author-illustrated story (my favorite way to go, really) features a cat named Duncan and some Valentine's Day related hijinx between sisters. Cute enough.
Kristina Lareau
This V Day story actually had an engaging plot. Unfortunately it is too long to read to my 2 and 3 year old story time group. But it is definitely fun and engaging.
Edna
Dolores finds a froggy necklace in her sister's bedroom and decides to wear it to school. She loses it by accident and has to replace it before her sister finds out.
Amalia
The colorful, perky illustrations were more compelling to me than the story. I have not read any of the other Dolores books, but I'm curious to read more.
Beverly
Hyperactive, curious, precocious Dolores is at it again. She always finds a way to get into trouble. Cute story & pictures.
Chrystal
My girls wanted to read this one over and over and over....Not my favorite, but it was a kid-winner.
Skylar Burris
Duncan the cat salvages this story about a younger sister who borrows (without permission) and lies.
David Bales
Relentlessly cute and enjoyable.
Gail
Exciting story, fun pictures.
Taylor
Taylor added it
Feb 19, 2015
Stephanie Taylor
Stephanie Taylor marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Lulu
Lulu added it
Feb 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Duncan and Dolores The Trucker Fred's Beds Dolores Meets Her Match Dolores on her Toes