Start by marking “Lord of the Dance (Passover, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lord of the Dance (Passover, #3)

Lord of the Dance (Passover #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  398 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Noelle is the daughter of Roger, a college professor and candidate for public office with adulterous tendencies, and Irene, once a very promising bright young woman, and still beautiful, but clearly broken by years of a domestic life with a cheating husband. — She becomes obsessed with her uncle, Danny Farrell, who has always been a black sheep of sorts in the family. Dann ...more
Published by Warner Books (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Lord of the Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of the Dance

Anita
I've read reviews of this book by others, and how anyone could read it and think the adult Farrells are the primary characters is beyond me. Noele Marie Brigid Farrell is the embodiment of a teenager; fey, funny, nosy and lively. This book made me love Andrew Greeley and wish he were MY parish priest - and I'm not even Catholic! I saw so much of myself in Noele that I was finally convinced I was a normal girl. Mystery, intrigue, family dynamics, sexual relationships and even PSTD are all spell-b ...more
Tess Mertens-Johnson
WOW – this book had me turning pages by page 25.
Set in the early 1980s, the Farrell family, from the outside, looks like your standard Irish Catholic family.
But behind closed doors are lies, secrets and murder.
Noelle (Mary Noelle – born of Christmas) is the daughter of Roger a stuffed shirt attorney, and Irene his society wife borderline alcoholic. She is 17 and needs to write a family history for school. She is very precocious and digs deep into the family dirty laundry.
Her uncles on her fathe
Tracy
The first Andrew Greeley book I read and loved! It really got me to think about grace in my life.
Ancie
Read it quite a few years back. Had borrowed it from dear friend, Annie.
I remember that it was a racy-read. I couldn't wait to find out who'd dunnit n what'd happen to Irene n Noelle. :)
All in all, a good read.
Robert Thompson
Great book, could not put it down.
Bruce Hammond
Not my cup o' tea. Don't know why he was a big seller in his day.
Shirley Freeman
I used to read many of Andrew Greeley's books,especially those with characters Blackie Ryan or Nuala Anne McGrail, but hadn't read any for quite awhile. Since Greeley recently died, I figured I would read one of his books in his memory. This one was okay but wasn't a favorite. I wouldn't recommend it - though I generally like Greeley's take on what a loving God is about.
Bea
An Irish-American family's secrets are threatened when the granddaughter seeks family information for a paper she wants to write. This story was interesting with twists and turns right up to the end. Andrew Greeley (author) was a Catholic priest, who wrote wonderous moral stories that raise difficult issues. Loved this book.
Marian
I'm a huge Greeley fan, so when I discovered a book of his I hadn't read yet I was thrilled. He's so good at telling stories about real people and their relationship with their church and God. He intertwines both with such dexterity!
Deborah Treon
Loved it - read several times. I do not always fall in love w/Andrew Greeley but this one - yeah.
Caroline
Horribly written and trite. Greeley phoned this one in and just barely at that.
Pat
Typical Greeley book. It had a lot of local Chicago customs and lore in it.
Ariane
Dec 23, 2011 Ariane added it
I don't really remember this book. Hence, no review.
Peggy
Jun 08, 2013 Peggy added it
#5, a good one I think I recall
Bernadette
Read many many years ago....
Cws
Aug 28, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: adult-fiction
F Gre
Emily
Emily added it
Jun 30, 2015
  • Perfect (Kick Keswick, #3)
  • Reflections for Ragamuffins: Daily Devotions from the Writings of Brennan Manning
  • Sequence
  • Private Pleasures
  • Tyranny of the Urgent
  • God's Armor Bearer
  • No Word from Winifred (A Kate Fansler Mystery #8)
  • The Killing Man
  • Gun Work (Hard Case Crime #49)
  • God's Chosen Fast
  • The Explorer
  • Mathematics for the Million: How to Master the Magic of Numbers
  • Flights of Angels
  • Catholic for a Reason: Scripture and the Mystery of the Family of God
  • Dead in the Water (Rebecca Schwartz, #4)
  • Manhattan Nocturne
  • Bermuda Shorts
  • The Finale
Andrew Greeley was a Roman Catholic priest, sociologist, journalist, and author of 50 best-selling novels and more than 100 works of nonfiction. For decades, Greeley entertained readers with such popular characters as the mystery-solving priest Blackie Ryan and the fey, amateur sleuth Nuala Anne McGrail. His books typically center on Irish-American Roman Catholics living or working in Chicago.

htt
More about Andrew M. Greeley...

Passover (3 books)
  • Thy Brother's Wife (Passover, #1)
  • Ascent Into Hell (Passover, #2)
The Cardinal Sins Irish Gold (Nuala Anne McGrail, #1) Irish Lace (Nuala Anne McGrail, #2) Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail, #4) Irish Whiskey (Nuala Anne McGrail, #3)