Start by marking “Going for It” as Want to Read:
Going for It

Going for It

3.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  789 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews

Before she leaves town, she’s going out with a bang…

Sam Taylor has lusted after ex-baseball-player Riley Scott for far too long. Now, her business bought out from under her, broke, and with nothing to lose, she refuses to leave town without getting the one thing she’s always wanted. Riley. In her bed.

Riley had the reputation as a player on and off the baseball field. H

Published November 25th 2008 by Samhain

To ask other readers questions about Going for It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going for It

Taking Shots by Toni AleoThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonBinding Arbitration by Elizabeth MarxThe Deal by Elle KennedyTrying to Score by Toni Aleo
Romance with hero/heroine are athletes
145th out of 566 books — 729 voters
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
261st out of 624 books — 1,345 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Jun 10, 2009 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of quickie hot romances
This was a hot, extremely short (52 pages) friends-to-lovers story by the talented Ms. Kennedy. I don't know what it is about this author but I haven't been disappointed by her stories yet--they're easy to get involved in, I end up caring about the characters, and the love scenes are usually quite erotic. This one was a pretty quick read, and when I have an hour to kill or just don't feel like becoming involved in a longer book, I usually like to pick up an e-book like this.

Sam Taylor is a 26 yr
Shawna
Mojca
Aug 29, 2009 Mojca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mojca by: review by Auntee
A hot, let me repeat that, HOT little short story. Maybe a little too hot with a little too little plot (I have no idea what I just typed).

I wish Ms. Kennedy would've expanded the whole deal a little, make it seem less like PWP. I still liked it, though. The two really had some chemistry going, and lots of time to make up for (two years, people!).

The heroine's reaction after learning the news surprised me, though. I would've smacked the bastard silly. And what was with him taking that long to go
Kelly_Instalove
Oct 27, 2012 Kelly_Instalove rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kelly_Instalove by: 2008-11-25 - Samhain
Grade: C-

Starting new would be good for her. She hoped. But she had no intention of leaving town with regrets, and not jumping Riley’s bones would be the biggest regret of all.

The heroine has lost her family-legacy business and her apartment, forcing her impending move across the country to live in her sister’s basement. But no big deal — her most important priority is to get laid by a jock.

While I didn’t have much respect for the heroine or the hero (no spoilers!), the friends-to-lovers roman
Cheney Stropus
Aug 28, 2015 Cheney Stropus rated it really liked it
Cute, quick read. Lots of sex in so few pages, but I'm not complaining! I liked both characters and felt they had pretty good chemistry. There was some tension knowing he was buying her bar, but very short lived, because the story was so short. Not much back story for either character, but just a nice glimpse into their lives right now.
Michelle Kelly
Aug 03, 2010 Michelle Kelly rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010-read
Maura
Trish Bedroom Bookworms
Going For It by Elle Kennedy
I loved The Deal and The Mistake so much I was instantly in love with Elle Kennedy. I've re-read both of those books at least once each. So when I saw a new title by Elle Kennedy, I snapped it right up.
Now, I didn't realize it was a novella (really, more like a short story) so that was a less-than-pleasant shock. But that wasn't the problem.
I just didn't like it. At all. It's too much, too fast, too easy, too instant. I finished the whole story in under an hour an
Crystal
Jun 14, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a short, sexy, hot read this is it.

Sam Taylor has been running her families bar for the last five years in Chicago but has decided now she's ready to move on to big and better things in New York. But there's one last thing she needs to do. Riley Scott.

Riley Scott is a former pro baseball player who also played the field with women except for one, Sam. She's his best friend and hands off until she makes him a proposition. What's a guy to do? Take what she's offering and lo
Angela
Nov 29, 2015 Angela marked it as to-read
29 November 2015: $0.75 on Kindle
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Before she leaves town, she’s going out with a bang…

Riley had the reputation as a player on and off the baseball field. He’s wanted Sam for years, but valued her friendship too much to let sex ruin it. Now, after a forced retirement, he’s looking for
Kimberly
Mar 17, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/revie...

From the moment Riley Scott walked into her bar, Sam Taylor has wanted him. The problem is, from that moment and every moment since for the past two years, Riley has treated her like a friend and nothing more. But all that’s about to change. Forced to sell her bar, Sam is getting ready to pack up and leave Chicago. Before she goes, Sam is determined to seduce Riley.

Riley has been at loose ends ever since an in
Limecello
Jan 03, 2016 Limecello rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I liked this book, but I had an are you fucking KIDDING me?? moment when they ... have their happy ending in NY?

[I mean that's not a spoiler cuz hello romance]
But ... the whole "hey no talking - OMG WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME" made me roll my eyes ... and in fact again just now as I was typing this.

Sexy read, fun, but the hero is basically a presumptuous selfish ass for a lot of it. He doesn't deserve the heroine, lucky bastard for his sake.

C
Emily
Sam Taylor has three things left to do before she says goodbye to the bar that has been in her family and leaves for New York to start a new life. The biggest thing is to seduce ex-baseball star Riley Scott. For two yeas she has lusted after him, but not once has their blossoming friendship led to anything more, well she wants a send off she can remember and he is it.

Riley is stunned to find out that Sam has been waiting for two years to get him to bed, he knows he should tell her he bought the
Rachel Boorse
Nov 22, 2015 Rachel Boorse rated it really liked it
Going for It was an exceptionally well written book. For me, it was a quick and easy read that left me wanting more. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a quick page-turner.
Vanessa Gilbert
Sep 21, 2014 Vanessa Gilbert rated it it was ok
Un tema excelente con el cual en mi opinión se puede hacer mucho más de este libro, en mi opinión fue demasiado corto y en mayor parte tonto.
Leyns
Jun 30, 2015 Leyns rated it liked it
Ok

Really short which made it not much of a read for me. Also seemed like more sex than feelings. Not bad but not great.
Kim
Dec 06, 2015 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Eh. Too short for their relationship to feel at all plausible, especially after how good of friends they're supposed to be and skeevy think he hid. Also, manwhore - have sense and use condoms religiously.
Heather in FL
Alexandra
Dec 04, 2015 Alexandra rated it it was ok
It was a cute storyline. It was very fast and I wish I knew how short of a book it was before I bought it.
Ryn
May 23, 2016 Ryn rated it did not like it
Filed under: books I should have DNF'ed (created a shelf in honor of this book!)
Janell Mayura
May 22, 2016 Janell Mayura rated it liked it
Super corta de leer, la historia te entretiene por un rato xD
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Dec 20, 2015 Tmjj33ronataurreviews rated it it was amazing
Sam- Sweet, Smart, beautiful, funny and real woman. Riley- Womanizer; Never one for commitment. Deep down a sweetheart. He is Drop dead gorgeous and has panty dropping charm. I easily enjoyed this book. I'm a sucker for sweet romance and it won me over. I'm also a sucker for bad boys and players. First off, love the steamy sex scenes and hilarious comebacks. The drama unfolds and shit got real. The ending is a sweet surprise and i love how it ended. Finally the anticipation is over and I'm glad ...more
Brit
Sep 22, 2015 Brit rated it liked it
Way too short. Would have loved a long form of this book.
Psycgirl
Apr 23, 2015 Psycgirl rated it liked it
Read on Scribd. Quick, sexy read.
Vari *ReadAddict*
May 15, 2015 Vari *ReadAddict* rated it really liked it
short and sweet.
Nothing Like A Good Book!!!! Wood
JUST LOVED IT...SHORT READ!!!
Jennifer  E
I really hate novellas. Yes, I know it's a quick read and quick reads can be great but usually they just leave me unfulfilled.

I think had the story been longer I might have loved it. Perhaps not since dude was a douche. He may have been a former baseball player that is totally hot but he's a douche.

I thought the pace was great. The steam factor was awesome and it had a HEA. I don't regret reading it since I am a fan of Elle Kennedy's books.

Beate
Apr 29, 2011 Beate rated it liked it
Shelves: athletes, romance
A quickie of a story. It was cute, not enough time to develop the characters or give a really good backstory. The plot wasn't best one I've read, but it's a story you can quickly finish on the commute to work in the AM.

I marked it as 'athletes', but the main male characters is an 'ex-athlete' and it's only briefly mentioned what he used to do and why he quit.

Could easily have been expanded to a bigger story.
Ivonne
Mar 19, 2012 Ivonne rated it really liked it
una historia corta y entretenida, hot, llena de amistad y amor...
un deseo de 2 años que solo hasta el final pudo hacerse realidad, si uno no daba el paso el otro tarde o temprano lo haria, la tension sexual era inmensa!!!
tuvieron su momento dificil en donde era todo o nada, arriesgarse o no hacerlo, confiar en el otro y trabajar juntos.
un final feliz pero que hubiera sido mejor un poco mas largo.
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Men On Fire
  • Unraveled
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Between a Ridge and a Hard Place
  • Old Enough to Know Better
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Hard and Fast
  • Kissing Cowboy (Men of S.W.A.T., #3)
  • A Spanking for Valentine
  • Power Play
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Marriage, Bravo Style! (Bravo Family, #31)
  • Promoted to Wife?
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • The Kiss Test
  • Out of Her Dreams
1935000
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just
More about Elle Kennedy...