Going For It

Going For It

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  463 ratings  ·  34 reviews

Before she leaves town, she’s going out with a bang…

Sam Taylor has lusted after ex-baseball-player Riley Scott for far too long. Now, her business bought out from under her, broke, and with nothing to lose, she refuses to leave town without getting the one thing she’s always wanted. Riley. In her bed.

Riley had the reputation as a player on and off the baseball field. He

Published November 25th 2008 by Samhain

Binding Arbitration by Elizabeth MarxTaking Shots by Toni AleoThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonTrying to Score by Toni AleoChanging the Game by Jaci Burton
Romance with hero/heroine are athletes
83rd out of 180 books — 336 voters
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
204th out of 359 books — 878 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Jun 10, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of quickie hot romances
This was a hot, extremely short (52 pages) friends-to-lovers story by the talented Ms. Kennedy. I don't know what it is about this author but I haven't been disappointed by her stories yet--they're easy to get involved in, I end up caring about the characters, and the love scenes are usually quite erotic. This one was a pretty quick read, and when I have an hour to kill or just don't feel like becoming involved in a longer book, I usually like to pick up an e-book like this.

Sam Taylor is a 26 yr...more
Shawna
Mojca
Aug 29, 2009 Mojca rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mojca by: review by Auntee
A hot, let me repeat that, HOT little short story. Maybe a little too hot with a little too little plot (I have no idea what I just typed).

I wish Ms. Kennedy would've expanded the whole deal a little, make it seem less like PWP. I still liked it, though. The two really had some chemistry going, and lots of time to make up for (two years, people!).

The heroine's reaction after learning the news surprised me, though. I would've smacked the bastard silly. And what was with him taking that long to go...more
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: C-

Starting new would be good for her. She hoped. But she had no intention of leaving town with regrets, and not jumping Riley’s bones would be the biggest regret of all.

The heroine has lost her family-legacy business and her apartment, forcing her impending move across the country to live in her sister’s basement. But no big deal — her most important priority is to get laid by a jock.

While I didn’t have much respect for the heroine or the hero (no spoilers!), the friends-to-lovers romanc...more
Michelle Kelly
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/revie...

From the moment Riley Scott walked into her bar, Sam Taylor has wanted him. The problem is, from that moment and every moment since for the past two years, Riley has treated her like a friend and nothing more. But all that’s about to change. Forced to sell her bar, Sam is getting ready to pack up and leave Chicago. Before she goes, Sam is determined to seduce Riley.

Riley has been at loose ends ever since an in...more
Emily
Sam Taylor has three things left to do before she says goodbye to the bar that has been in her family and leaves for New York to start a new life. The biggest thing is to seduce ex-baseball star Riley Scott. For two yeas she has lusted after him, but not once has their blossoming friendship led to anything more, well she wants a send off she can remember and he is it.

Riley is stunned to find out that Sam has been waiting for two years to get him to bed, he knows he should tell her he bought the...more
Heather in FL
Jennifer  E
I really hate novellas. Yes, I know it's a quick read and quick reads can be great but usually they just leave me unfulfilled.

I think had the story been longer I might have loved it. Perhaps not since dude was a douche. He may have been a former baseball player that is totally hot but he's a douche.

I thought the pace was great. The steam factor was awesome and it had a HEA. I don't regret reading it since I am a fan of Elle Kennedy's books.

Beate
A quickie of a story. It was cute, not enough time to develop the characters or give a really good backstory. The plot wasn't best one I've read, but it's a story you can quickly finish on the commute to work in the AM.

I marked it as 'athletes', but the main male characters is an 'ex-athlete' and it's only briefly mentioned what he used to do and why he quit.

Could easily have been expanded to a bigger story.
Ivonne
una historia corta y entretenida, hot, llena de amistad y amor...
un deseo de 2 años que solo hasta el final pudo hacerse realidad, si uno no daba el paso el otro tarde o temprano lo haria, la tension sexual era inmensa!!!
tuvieron su momento dificil en donde era todo o nada, arriesgarse o no hacerlo, confiar en el otro y trabajar juntos.
un final feliz pero que hubiera sido mejor un poco mas largo.
Joss
Bri
Apr 17, 2012 Bri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: erotica
Not my favorite of Elle's books, but I did enjoy this one. I really liked Sam's character, and while I wanted to like Riley, I just couldn't get behind him buying out the bar from under her, especially given some of the feelings that come up in the book. It made him seem insincere.

This was a quick, fun read, though nothing earth shattering.
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

Hot.Short.but Enjoying

i just finished this book and it only took me about less than a hour to read. hhmmm lets see, for me its just one of the common erotic novels, but i really enjoy reading it becoz of the characters and i love happy endings =)

ill give 3.5 for that. =) ciao
Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
I have to say this was a really short book and was pretty fast paced to it it didn't take long to read. It was good however I would have liked to have longer to get to know the character, by the time I started to like them the story was over. It was a good story though.
JD
This was a seriously short story, not really worth the money I paid for it. It was too short to get a feel for the characters and too short to give any substantial story. If you get it for free then sure read it, otherwise...save your money.
Christi
That was an extremely quick read. Not really the kind of book I thought it would be. There was a lot of intimate activity going on but the story was good. I just wished it hadn't been so detailed.
Courtney
I really enjoyed this book. It was short, but I felt like it was the perfect length for the story told. It was really sexy and steamy. I loved the ending. A sweet and sexy story!
Netty
The only downside to this read was that it was to short. I wanted the story to be a bit longer. The ending was a bit abrupt.
Dreams Unwind (CL)
This book is short but not sweet. If it wasn't so short I would have given up reading after the first few pages.
Vee
Short read. I didn't understand Riley's actions and felt he did not grovel enough, Sam was too quick to forgive.
Tracey
This wasn't really my type of book....I like a little bit more of a story line. Not just sex.
Katie
This was ok. Couldn't stand the guy and his actions, but writing was ok.
Becky Moore
I bought this after reading Kennedy's Heat series, and enjoyed it as much.
Natasza Waters
Interesting storyline. Baseball, beer and hot sex! Worth a read.

Natasza
Shirley Owl
Sam owns a bar and has the hots for Riley a retired sports star
Amelia Fransiska
Hottie!
hottie short story... XD
Tapi gak se dirty EC sih... Hehehe
Ladyvixen
petite nouvelle très sexe et très chaude miam miam :p
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
Not bad, but too short to form a more elaborated opinion.
Laura YA indie princess
Really enjoyed just wished it had been longer.
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • Unraveled
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Anybody But Justin
  • Men On Fire
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Power Play
  • Just My Type (Bradfords, #3)
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • Straight Up (Wild Hart Saga, #2)
  • Sweet Charity (Bettencourt Brothers, #2)
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Rough Stock
  • Between a Ridge and a Hard Place
  • Lip Lock
  • True Heart
1935000
A RITA-award nominated author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently publishes with Harlequin Romantic Suspense, Harlequin Blaze, Samhain Publishing, and NAL. She loves strong heroines and sexy alph...more
More about Elle Kennedy...
Heat of Passion (Out of Uniform, #2) Heat of the Moment (Out of Uniform, #1) Feeling Hot (Out of Uniform, #7) Body Check Hotter Than Ever (Out of Uniform, #9)