Start by marking “Ready For Love (Ready For Romance & Ready For Marriage)” as Want to Read:
Ready For Love (Ready For Romance & Ready For Marriage)

Ready For Love (Dryden Brothers #1-2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  846 ratings  ·  39 reviews
"Ready for Romance?" At the age of fourteen, Jessica Kellerman was wildly infatuated with Evan Dryden. But that was just a teenage crush and now, almost ten years later, she's in love--"truly" in love--with his older brother, Damian. But everyone, including Damian, believes she's carrying a torch for Evan!

"Ready for Marriage? "

Mary Jo Summerhill is the woman in love with E
Published December 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ready For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready For Love

Sierra
Okay DEFINITELY one of my favorite books!!!!!! I almost started crying at the end of Ready for Romance... I didn't like Ready for Marriage as well.
Jan Mcleod
This book has two stories, but the second one is a continuation of the first one centering on other family characters.
The plot of the first story bears some resemblance to the wonderful old movie Sabrina starring William Holden, Humphrey Bogart, and Audrey Hepburn. The characters are powerfully developed, there is plenty of action that keeps the story moving and very interesting, and there's even some surprising twists--all if it running the gamut of emotions.
The second story has even more actio
Ginaleen
-One of the best love stories I've read :) -
Karen
2 books in one again.

Ready for Romance
Jessica fell for Evan at 14 and when she grew up, his older brother Damian was the one.

Ready for Marriage
Mary Jo was given the impression that she was not Evan's political match as a wife. Years after she broke it off with him she needed his help. Will he give it? Can she work for her only love?
Sharon
I received this book as part of a care package and gave it a go. While it is not my normal literary fare, I can see how this would be considered "just right" for readers of a certain genre.
Linda
Debbie Macomber's books are always great. This one has two related stories. The first is Ready for Romance and is about a young woman who had a teenage crush on a neighbor and has now gone to work for this young man. But she is no longer in love with him, now she loves his brother. The second story is Ready for Marriage and is about the same people as in the first story. One of the brothers fell hard for a young woman and he thought she fell for him when out of the blue, she returned his ring an ...more
Sue Stelly
Je poblázněna mužem A. Po několika letech si začne s mužem B, jenže muž A o ni projeví zájem, zatímco B o ni nemá zájem...
Měla by si ujasnit, co vlastně chce... Nebo koho...
Michele Tanton
Good story line, but you pretty much knew how it would end up. Good, sappy romance for a winter's day though.
Corky
Evan Dryden meets then loses the girl of his dreams. Now, three years later, ex-fiancée Mary Jo Summerhill is in his office asking for Evan's help. Evan coerces Mary Jo, a teacher on summer break, into working for him while his secretary takes an extended vacation in exchange for his handling of her parents' legal problems. Mary Jo loved Evan enough to leave him once before knowing Evan and his powerful family were way out of her league. She is determined not to fall again and Evan is equally de ...more
Gloria
The first story was like Sabrina. The second story had a great explanation of what happens between people when others get involved in their relationship(s).
Erin H
Apr 10, 2011 Erin H rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: rpo
What a great book about two brothers and how they find love. I liked Damian's story the best! He was a great hero because he was so hard working and you really wanted him to find love. I loved how he and his younger brother were so different. I liked that he wasn't so easy going as Evan. I really liked Jessica as well. Despite her infatuation with Evan, Damian was the better choice for her!
Nyss
Reading this book is like reading the script of a Filipino telenovela.

The moment I read a few pages, I knew what was going to happen because the plots used in both stories are something a lot of movies and books have already used.

However, the good thing about reading this book is that it is an easy read. You can finish reading this quickly without actually doing a lot of thinking.
Maria
When I need a simple romance that is heartwarming, Macomber is one of the authors I reach for. I like this double story because I enjoy stories about families coming together. I especially like the first one because I could see myself over reacting like this, and I would wish for such a happy ending. The second one I didn't like as much but it was still ok.
Trisha
Totally loved this book! I could not put it down. It helped that I was stuck in a hotel room in D.C. while my family toured our nations capitol. After two days of walking all over with them my back was done. This book was a nice distraction from the pain. Luckily after a few days being down I could go out with them for half days.
DeAnna
My first Debbie Macomber book ever. I didn't realize it was going to be a retelling of the "Sabrina" story, which is one of my favorites (the Audry Hepburn version, but I like the Julia Ormond version, too). That might be why I didn't get into this book as much as I'd hoped I would.
Ngoc Emily Le
I spent my whole day reading this :)
I love Damian and Jessica's story! It was just perfect! But Evan and Mary Jo's story is ok, since both of them annoys be most of the time :P.
My first Debbie Macomber's book is not that bad after all :)
Ginny
Two books combined in one binding. Typical romance, features two brothers and the misunderstandings as they find and finally marry the two women of there dreams. Good mind candy, not memorable.
Mariely Rodriguez
I loved this book!! This is a true romance novel!!!
I was on the train grinning each time I read this book, and I never wanted to put it down..
LaRae
Good romance book about a girl and two brothers. Modern Day. Both Brothers are successful and are attorneys. Very clean and fun.
Rhonda
another one of my favorites that I keep reading over and over again. Love this book :)
Jamie
This book appears to be crap. However, I'm reading it anyway ... call it brain candy. :)
Anne
I read the first story and will not bother with the second. Too predictable.
Jeanne
two novels in one book -- about two brothers. Quick read, predictable.
Mcfree
Boring. Heroine MaryJo breaks up with Evan over and over. Tiring.
Valerie
Deb is a gifted story teller with great charachterization.
Karen Sonnen
Fluffy romance story, but a real feel good type.
Michelle
Apr 26, 2007 Michelle is currently reading it
every once in a while you need a good romance novel!
Donna
Apr 16, 2007 Donna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cheri
I loved this book...very real and full of feeling.
Heidi
Light & fluffy reads, first one set in Boston.
  • About That Man (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #1)
  • Together Alone
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Fool Me Once
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Dream Makers: Untamed / Less of a Stranger
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Timeswept Brides
  • Unveiled (Ashton/Rosemoor, #2)
  • Texas Wildflower
  • Her Kind Of Hero: The Last Mercenary\Matt Caldwell: Texas Tycoon
  • Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)
  • Phi Beta Bimbo
  • White Mountain
  • The Bakery Sisters Bundle
  • A Valentine for Daisy

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Dryden Brothers (3 books)
  • Ready For Romance
  • Ready For Marriage
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)