Start by marking “Moon Over Water (Deliverance Company #3)” as Want to Read:
Moon Over Water (Deliverance Company #3)

Moon Over Water (Deliverance Company #3)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  902 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Setting: Yucatan coast, present day

Sensuality rating: 4-5

An Affair to Remember collides with Romancing the Stone in bestselling author Debbie MacOmber's Moon Over Water.. Lorraine Dancy and Jack Keller have little in common, but that doesn't stop their romance from blossoming under the scorching Yucatan sun. Framed for the theft of an ancient artifact and pursued by the

Published December 1st 2003 by Mira Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Over Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Over Water

Gigi Ann
Lorraine Dancy has just discovered that everything she believes about her father is a lie~~~starting with the fact that Thomas supposedly died years ago. Now she's learned that not only is he not dead, he's living in a small town south of the border. In the process of tracking him down, she manages to get framed for theft and pursued by the real thief, the police and a local crime boss. Her Father's friend Jack Keller agrees to help her escape, although Lorraine's reluctant to depend on a man li ...more
Angela
Would you like some cake with that frosting?

Don't get me wrong, I love happy endings. In fact, when a book like this doesn't end happy, I feel immensely disappointed. But in this case, the ending was even too sappy for me. It dragged on and on until the author had tucked away all the loose ends and wrapped the story in shiny purple paper with a big yellow bow.

Even though there was a lot of violence and danger in this book, the only people who ended up dead were the bad guys. Any mistakes or re
Cyndi
Julie Barrett
Moon Over Water by Debbie Macomber
Lorraine Dempsey had just buried her mother, Jenny and her fiancee wanted her to spend the night at his place.
She and her mother had discussed wedding plans. She just wanted some space.
Her father's letter from her mother's lawyer she reads and finds out her father, Thomas is still alive, and not dead at all and his location.
The story also follows Thomas and his love for Jenny and holding his daughter before he headed off to the war.
He's in Mexico now and has man
Judy Collins
As I was listening to this audio book, it sounded so familiar, as possible could have read this years ago. (Deliverance Company #3). Possibly the Moon over Water version. A good read about Lorraine who discovers after the death of her mom, her dad (Thomas) is actually still alive (was told he died with leukemia when she was a child). As she is planning her wedding, she drops everything in search of her father. She travels to Mexico to a small town south of the border and finds her father has a n ...more
Virginia Markhart
I always enjoy Debbie Macomber books. This was no exception. Nice plot. Woman was raised to believe that her father died of leukemia when she was five years old. Mom died and she found out that Dad was alive and well living in Mexico. She goes down to meet him and become involved in a robbery of a Mexican artifact. Dan has his best friend Jack sail her out of the country pronto. They are chased by the guy who stole the artifact and another guy who are lady angered on her way. She falls in love w ...more
Marcia Berg Haskell
"Lorraine Dancy has always been a dreamer, but she couldn't imagine finding her long lost father, getting framed for the theft of a priceless artifact and having to make a daring escape all in the same trip to Mexico. With both the cops and the local crime boss after her, she's pretty relieved--and completely smitten--when renegade Jack Keller comes to the rescue. She just hopes that they both live long enough to act out the rest of her romantic fantasy."

This is a departure for Debbie Macomber -
Marianne
Moon Over Water is the 3rd in Debbie Macomber’s Deliverance Company series. After Lorraine Dancy’s mother dies, she discovers that the father she thought was dead is, in fact, alive and well in Mexico. Determined to find him, she travels to the Yucatan coast, where she ends up being framed for the theft of a priceless artefact. Her father begs Jack Keller, ex-Deliverance Company mercenary, to take her back to the US on his boat. Although Lorraine is engaged, she’s attracted to Jack, even though ...more
Mary Jane Gibson
Exciting thriller!

Enjoyed the mystery and continued thriller throughout. Recommend to any one who is a Debbie Macomber fan and to those who are new to her books.

Monica
I grabbed a paperback book out of the bag of hundreds to read while on vacation and Macomber's book, Moon Over Water ended up in my suitcase. It was an easy, quick (I finished it in a day), enjoyable read for vacation. And it was appropriate that I happened to be vacationing in Mexico.
Cas H.
The Sooner the Better by Debbie Macomber is a wonderful playful novel. It starts off extremely sad when Lorraine Dancy learns her mother died. When she gets the contents of her mothers safety deposit box she finds a letter from her father to her mother, written after the date when her father supposedly passed away. She goes down to Mexico to meet her father and gets mixed up in a crime which would land her in jail if it was not for her fathers quick thinking. He puts her on a boat and tells his ...more
Cheryl
Nice easy & quick read. I needed a break from the heavy books I have been reading. MacComber delivered an engaging story as expected
Robin
What I read was titled "The Sooner the Better" Copyright 1998, it's the same story but with a different book cover, and title. Although I liked the story, a few things bothered me terribly. The point where Lorraine was chasing after Jack screaming "it's not over" (I almost thought she was going to drop down and grab him by the pant leg...ughh, she had plenty of time to confess her little secret and didn't, which could have avoided their long separation later on, and Jacks deception near the end ...more
Suzanne
A mystery with a love story! What excitement and fun.
April Suter
Deliverance Company #3 Another hot story....
The story is complete on how a bunch of soldiers give up their mercenary ways to find love and family. After being dumped in book #2 Jack is living the life on a boat in the waters around Mexico. He goes to high alert to help his buddy Thomas, whose daughter just showed up in Mexico but has the Mexican authorities after her. Lorraine left her fiance in Louisville to find her father, who she think has been dead. Raine finds her dad and Jack's heart, wil
Barbara
The suspense was fun. But the family issues are awful. Thomas and Ginny- what awful people if you think about them. Fidelity is a big issue with many of the characters - so easy for them to go on to the next person without a look back. The author tries to tell how good they are, but not true. Lorraine should have needed a lot of therapy to work through all the things that happend to her. I doubt that mercenary men would really want to settle into farm and family life with lots of kids.

But if you
Judie Dooley
wrong book listed
I checked this book out of the library on a whim and actually really liked it. This is only my second book by Debbie Macomber, but I think I'll be reading more of hers in the future. There were some parts that seem completely unbelievable - the whole Raine and Gary thing both going in different directions at the same time, the fact that she didn't want him to come with her to Mexico, and that she and Jack fell in love so quickly. But at the end of the day, it was a book that I enjoyed and read p ...more
Ronda Boccio
OK I'm not a big reader of the typical romance. I get annoyed that so often, the soon-to-be lovers hate each other at the start etc. But I did actually enjoy the Dakota series, so I gave Moon Over Water a try.

I give Macomber A for character. She creates interesting, dimensional people.
For plot...well... Just TOO far beyond. My willing suspension of disbelief wouldn't suspens.

If you love formla romance, this will please you.

Ronda Del Boccio, the Story Lady
Author, author mentor a
Leann
I usually like author Debbie Macomber for a lighter romantic read. I listened to this particular title on audio out of order from the other two books in the Deliverance Series. The plot kept my attention. However, I felt the romance going on between the two main characters - Jack & Raine - was a bit superfical and disjointed. Not very believable.

I will still read or listen to Debbie Macomber titles but will not pursue the other two in this particular series.
Sharon
This was my first Debbie Macomber book. It was interesting enough to hold my attention, but was pretty predictable in its ending. I did enjoy the twists and turns along the way in reading the book. I had a couple of sick days and read through the book pretty quickly. I would recommend this book if you are wanting a book to read while on vacation or if you are sick in bed and need something to occupy your time. Interesting characters and interesting plot.
Clara Weinberger
I love the story line and suspense was great.
Joanne
Lorraine Dancy goes to visit her father who she thought was dead in Mexico. Along the way she meets Jason who happens to be a thief and puts stolen artifacts in her bags. She is arrested and her father gets her to his old friend Jack Keller who agrees to help her escape. They hate eachother on site and Jack believes Lorraine to be married but she is not. Soon they fall in love and Jack defends Lorraine against a local crime boss.
Tiffany
This book was very similair in some aspects to it's predecessor "Sooner or Later" but this one was more in line with the Debbie Macomber books that I have read. I enjoyed the book and enjoyed the new dynamic of Mexico and being chased by a psycho path and another psycho path but with two different agendas. I did get a good laugh about pulling the dock with her. That was pretty funny.
Abiyasha
Nah buku ini aku baca yg versi Englishnya,agak susah sih kalo udah kebiasa baca novel terjemahan tapi aku enjoy aja tuh.Buku ini emang predictable bgt tapi ada beberapa bagian yg mnrutku unpredictable,gambarin tempat2 yg dijelajahi tokoh utama juga keren.Udah lama sih baca buku ini jadi agak lupa gitu,tapi masih inget kok garis besarnya......Keren lah pokoknya....
Stephanie
I think this was my favorite of the series :)
Misty Vauble
The last and best book in this trilogy(deliverence company trilogy) Moon over water grabbed me from the very start and never let go as did the pairing of Raine/Jack. I have read all of the books in Macomber's cedar cove series and I love the series I really do, but THIS is by FAR my favorite Macomber book to date.
Joyce
Started this book last night because I couldn't sleep. Ended up staying awake until I finished it. It held my attention to see what happened next in this romantic mystery. There were a few moments that I wondered what else could possibly happen to these characters. Really a fast, east, great read!
Sherry
The book I read was titled "The Sooner the Better." I started reading it and the book was interesting for awhile and then it got really really trite and though the plot could have been good thee was no mystery to it at all and I skipped through quite quickly just to see how it ended.
Cindy Kester
Once again, Debbie Macomber did not let me down. Not like the other titles of hers I read, a little more adventure this time but once again she kept me entertained page after page till the end. Makes you ready for the next chapters in the characters life, not wanting the title to end.
  • Return to Rose Cottage: The Laws of Attraction\For the Love of Pete
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)