Start by marking “Angels Everywhere” as Want to Read:
Angels Everywhere

Angels Everywhere (Angels Everywhere #1 & 3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,020 ratings  ·  54 reviews
A Heavensent Gift of Love In a season of giving, the beloved New York Times bestselling author Debbie Macomber sends joy winging our way with two miraculous full-length novels together in one volume.

Celebrate life, love, and the holiday spirit with three unforgettable heavenly helpers -- the irrepressible angels Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy -- as they work their inspiring,
Published December 3rd 2002 by Avon (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Angels Everywhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels Everywhere

Eustacia Tan
Christmas is coming.... in less than two months! But, it's time for me to get into the holiday mood by reading some Christmas-y stories (seasonal stories FTW?). Anyway, after a really long time, I picked up another Debbie Macomber book.

Angels Everywhere is a collection of two novels - A Season of Angels and Touched by Angels. The two novels follow three angels - Mercy, Goodness and Shirley as they meddle, I mean try to help their charges by Christmas. The three get into a lot of trouble (mostly
Joann
I'm a fan of Debbie Macomber's books (especially the knitting books), but I didn't care for this. Angels Everywhere is actually two books of a trilogy about three angels: Shirley, Goodness and Mercy. Why they chose the first and third books is beyond me. The angels are sent in response to prayers, usually involving matters of the heart. The issues I had with the books stem from the fact that the stories are all rather trite and predictable and that the three angels are supposed to be young and i ...more
N.N. Light
This is actually two full novels in one. The first story is called A Season of Angels. It is the story of three angels named Shirley, Goodness and Mercy and their inspiring assignments. Gabriel is short-staffed and has appointed Shirley, Goodness and Mercy to help three people in time for Christmas. A funny yet touching story about three people trying to find what they desire most, with the help of some wacky angels! A great read and perfect for Christmastime. The second story is called Touched ...more
Andrea
I really enjoyed both novels in this one. I thought they both told about love, faith, joy, and sadness overcome. Pick this one up for a very pleasent read.
Carol
I am enjoying this book set during the Christmas Season while I am reading during a very hot July.
Brenda
Pretty predictable, but a nice, light easy Christmas read.
Pam
A grown-up fairytale of sorts...
Nairabell
This book features two of Debbie Macomber's angel stories, although strangely it contains the first and third books in the series. The Trouble with Angels actually falls between the two. There aren't any spoilers here that would ruin it, but there are several references to the last two years of cases that may seem a little odd if you don't know about the second book.

***A Season of Angels***

During the holiday season, three peoples cries for help have fallen on heavenly ears: Leah's prayers for a
Emilie
This was a sweet book. Both books (Touched by Angels and A Season of Angels) followed three angels, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, as they helped people prior to Christmas. In one of the novels Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy help a teacher who is trying to help her students grapple with their tough lives in the rundown, gang-filled neighborhood in which they live. They also help a young Christian woman accept her love for a tough detective who has not stepped foot into a church in years. They helpe ...more
Kim Hampton
This book was actually published as two separate books: "A Season of Angels" and "Touched By Angels," the first and third books in Debbie Macomber's Angels Everywhere series. The book in between is called "The Trouble With Angels" and I would recommend reading it after you read the first story in this book, and before you read the second. It doesn't matter a whole lot, you can read these in any order, but there will be a couple of things that might make a little more sense if you read the storie ...more
Diana
This is a good pre-Christmas read when you want to read something uplifting.
"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life....."
Started reading this book about 3 angels sent to help 3 people with giant Christmas wishes that would make their lives better. And the angels names are Goodness, Mercy and Shirley....had to laugh at that one. I liked the angels as they aren't totally good. They do ornery things that make people listen to what they are saying and help to promote thei
Marilyn Groves
the other of my virtually annual 'get in the spirit' Christmas reading. Don't know why it touches me... but it does.
Beth Pearson
There were a lot of characters introduced in a short amounnt of time in A season of Angels, both heavenly and human, and it took me awhile to be able to keep everyone straight and be interested in their individual stories, problems, etc. Once I did however, I enjoyed the book.

Touched by Angels followed a similar pattern with 3 different people needing help from a group of 3 angel friends. I enjoyed those stories.

In the traiditional sense of a Christmas story though, the only thing really Chris
Marie Buccellato
Dont let the Christmas season start without reading this book or any other Christmas book by Debbie Macomber
Karen
Okay, so to name the angels Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy was really tacky! The stories were good though, touched by angels in NYC was the better of the two. A season of miracles had some good moments, things changing, not turning out as planned.
Ali's Books
Review to come~
Aimee
PERFECT! This is exactly what I was looking for at Christmastime. I've come to love all of Macomber's books that I read this time of year (or any time of year actually). They put me in the christmas mood and make me feel all warm and fuzzy. It's like drinking a cup of cocoa while watching snow fall outside. Both stories had great characters and made me laugh (or cry) more than a few times. Shirly, Goodness, and Mercy are of course up to their usual antics and I'm so glad there's more books with ...more
Rosemary
This book kept me on edge so that I could not put it down. And when I had to, I couldn't wait to start reading again.

Archangel Gabriel gave them what seemed to be easy assignments. But each on proved to be much more difficult than any angel thought.
And these prayer angels are mischievous. Hint one of them likes to ride escalators. With their many little misdeeds, archangel Gabriel has his hands full. You will laugh all the way to the end of both books.
Jeanne
Debbie Macomber does a great job with these three mischievious angels. Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy are up to their usual tricks, but always with the best intentions. They each have an asignment. The stories are inspiring, hilarious, and unforgettable with lessons to be learned by their human assign-ments. (And maybe the readers, too). They manage to have each of their prayers answered by the end of the story. A good read!
Glorious77
This book actually contained two novels. The first one, A Season of Angels, I really enjoyed. I read it at Christmastime and it was a good book to read them, because it didn't require much thinking - reminded me of a Hallmark channel movie. The second book, I didn't care for as much - the stories didn't seem as realistic.
Dawn
Jan 25, 2013 Dawn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: finished
I enjoyed the 3 stories in this book but was a little disappointed at the lack of involvement of the angels in the stories. I had thought the angels might reveal themselves or that the little things they did would be written in more.
I will get the next one.....hoping that the angels are more in the story.
Ginger
After reading this book, I really felt a peace settle on me. this is a wonderful 'feel good' story about three Angels who are sent to earth to right three seperate people's life and fulfill their special wishes.
A true Christmas Spirit type story.
Jessica
Two books in one volume and I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. While they were both rather predictable and unrealistic, I found myself not wanting to put it down. Highly recommend...another great read from Macomber!
Amy
Apr 23, 2009 Amy marked it as to-read
Okay, so my mother-in-law gave me this one and I keep putting it off. I know Debbie Macomber has several national best sellers, but I am not familiar with her work yet. I'll get around to this one...
Sally
This book was a set with another of her angel series that I got free...I mention the word "free" because I don't think any of these are worth spending money on. Just another fluff story.
This is a very good book it may seem long only because when you read this book it has 2 books in one. It's about angels that help humans at christmas time try to get their Miracles.
Alexis
This was cute and a good fiction spiritual novel. Not sure how accurate th biblical sense is but it reminded me of touched by an angel tv show so it was fun :)
Kelly
I enjoyed the first story, but the second story was kind of boring. I ended up skimming through the last 200 pages just so I could finish the book.
Karen
I tried to put in my comment that I GET that these books aren't deep, just fun reading for Christmas (so nobody has to tell me . . ..)
Lorna Collins
Another adventure with Shirley, Goodness and Mercy. While the first one is still the best, this one was a quick read that made me cry.
  • No Place Like Home (Cisco, #1)
  • Pride Runs Deep
  • The Lost Valentine
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Silver Bells
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • A Gift of Love: Just Curious / Double Exposure / Gabriel's Angel / Five Golden Rings / Yuletide Treasure
  • The Modern Magi
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • On Strike for Christmas
  • Education of a Wandering Man
  • The Summer I Dared
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • Ghosts of Boyfriends Past
  • The Christmas Hope (Christmas Hope, #3)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Angels Everywhere (7 books)
  • A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere, #1)
  • The Trouble with Angels (Angels Everywhere #2)
  • Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)
  • Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (Angels Everywhere, #4)
  • Those Christmas Angels (Angels Everywhere, #5)
  • Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)
  • Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)