Start by marking “Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)” as Want to Read:
Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)

Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  623 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Wade MCMillen might be a minister, but he's also a man. An unmarried and very attractive one. Is it as a "man" that he responds to the lovely young woman who shows up in Promise, pregnant and alone? Or as a man of God? Maybe it's both. Amy Thornton hopes to make a new life for herself and her baby, and to do that, she "needs" Reverend McMillen's help, his compassion. What ...more
Published June 3rd 1998 by Harlequin Books (first published June 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Star Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Star Baby

The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie MacomberA Good Yarn by Debbie MacomberCall Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie MacomberMorning Comes Softly by Debbie Macomber
RRRC - FAC: Debbie Macomber (April 2011)
76th out of 108 books — 63 voters
Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY
472nd out of 552 books — 593 voters

More lists with this book...

Kym McNabney
Lone Star Baby:

This one really got into the story of the two main characters, not hitting so much on the other characters from the previous stories or over doing it about what happened with Bitter End. The author really developed these two characters relationship.

This one made me laugh, often and brought about that "good feeling" about the characters, too. I really like this one.

I also like how the story of Bitter End played out. Very cute idea and very creative. Loved many of the ideas and line
Deedee
I absolutely loved this one. It was so adorable and sweet, its as if you had no other choice but to love it.

Story:

When Amy Thornton decided to stay in Promise, Texas; she didn't think that the man she asked for miracles would actually help make them come true.

Wade McMillen was all to happy to help Amy. As the town's pastor its his job to help others in need, but what he never thought he would be confused on, was whether or not the eagerness to help was more for the love of his job or his steady
Jenn J
I just love her writing. I know it's sappy and way to sweet, but it is just nice to read about nice people. Everything in the world today is dark and hateful; so sometimes it's refreshing to read about people who care about people.
Barb
Wade McMillen might be a minister, but he's also a man. An unmarried and very attractive one. So is it as a man that he responds to Amy Thornton when she shows up in Promise, pregnant and alone? Or as a man of God? Maybe it's both....
For a Minister, Wade was badly i need of his eyes being pried open. Amy was new
to the area, but fit right in. Love both characters. But why is it i always like the girls
better? lol 5 stars.
Kshydog
Amazed how quickly the town embraced Amy as a pregnant single Mom. Glad how this added to Dovie's life since she has just been so nice to everyone else. Minister really laid it out to his congregation about how to think about things. Liked the complete circle for Bitter End.
Yekaterina
Amy is lost and hopeless as she stumbled upon Promise, Texas. She arrives with barely a thing and ends up gaining more than anyone can ask for. She's the answer to Wade's prayers and spark in Dovie and Franks future. Her unborn baby- is just a bonus.
This was also not my favorite but a nice conclusion to a good series. Great characters and multiple plots. However this book focused on one major plot which is what dropped this book a star. It just didn't have Debbie's signature multi-plot story goi
'Chele
You always know how her books are going to turn out, which is why I read Debbie Macomber books. I like the single mom and preacher story line, mixed with Bittersweet.
Katie
Oh gosh. Cornier than usual. I think I need a break from the saccharine stories Macomber writes...but who am I kidding, I know I will be back.
Margaret Fraleigh
Another awesome story by Debbie Macomber. Can't put her books down once I start reading one.
Michelle Molinari
Lone Star Baby, part of the “Heart of Texas” series, added a pregnant outsider who decided on a whim to live in this cute little Texas town. The preacher and entire community rally’s around her to get her back on her feet and a good stable home for her future child. I enjoyed that the locals embraced her rather than shun her for not having been born there. Maybe because she was already from another town in Texas and not a city gal? Although I consider Dallas Ft Worth area a rather large city. A ...more
Lisa
The storyline comes full circle.
Barbi
Yet another heartwarming romantic story! I loved the story of Amy and Pastor Wade. The characters in the book are so relatable and likable. This book went so fast and I had trouble putting it down.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
Series keeps improving. Technically this is the end of the 6-part series as it was first written. However, she revisited it years later, writing "Promise Texas" and "Return to Promise".
Cindy
Jun 08, 2012 Cindy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: audio
I knew this wa a dud when the unmarried pregnant girl gets off the bus in a small twon, they all fall in love with her the the local pastor asks her to marry him. Pee-Yew!\
Jane(Janelba)
Loved this book so much. Now to read book #7 which Debbie Macomber wrote to revisit Promise, Texas years after she had originally completed the series.
Kristin
Again, very easy read! wish it wasn't the last one-could read more to find out what happens to the characters! Enjoyable
Alice
this is the last in the Heart of Texas series. But, I believe there are two more books about life in Promise, Texas.
Haley
Best one yet. Wonderful. Silly. Really cute and totally unrealistic. Loved it.
Jill
#6 in Heart of Texas Series
Valerie
relaxing read !!
Cecelia
So adorable!
Landry Kensington
Landry Kensington marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
  • Dearest Mary Jane
  • The Mistress Bride
  • His Wedding-Night Heir
  • Million-Dollar Love-Child (Harlequin Presents, No. 2582)
  • The Italian's Pregnant Mistress
  • Wanita Impian Sang Milyarder (The Tycoon's Virgin)
  • The Sicilian Surrender (O'Connells, #2)
  • The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)
  • Sold to the Sheikh
  • Cowboy at Midnight (Fortunes of Texas: Reunion #1)
  • Shackled by Diamonds (Models & Millionaires, #2)
  • Mistress by Contract
  • Kekasih Pangeran Gurun (The Desert Prince's Mistress)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)