Start by marking “Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals” as Want to Read:
Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals

Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Amigurumi is the popular new Japanese crochet technique for making cloth toys--and " Super Cute " shows needlecrafters how to master it! Using the Japanese double ring technique, readers learn how to create 25 quirky and cuddly tiny toy animals out of crochet yarn. The only rules amigurumi crafters must follow is to make their creations small--roughly four to six inches lo ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Barron's Educational Series

To ask other readers questions about Super Cute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Cute

Nikki
Sep 05, 2011 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, crafts
As promised, most of these amigurumi animals are really adorable. Each pattern includes textual instructions along with the spiral diagrams. The instructions are pretty easy to follow, and there's advice about the sort of wool to get and the size of hook to use. Irritatingly, there isn't anything on how much yarn each critter uses, but probably not more than a ball, definitely not more than two balls.

It has a section on the stitches involved, with pretty good diagrams, and a section on how to de
Grace
Feb 02, 2011 Grace rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts, crochet
I picked up this book because of the variety of different amigurumi animals in it. I'm glad I got it on sale since the directions in them are somewhat difficult to follow as they are written. I'm fairly new (as in crocheting animals for less than 6 months), and when I follow the written directions or the charts it is confusing since the numbers just don't add up right sometimes.

I have found that with a little creativity and looking at the diagrams those sticky parts get a lot easier. So far I'v
Lucy
Nov 03, 2013 Lucy rated it liked it
There are several cute animals here, but I wouldn't call many of them super-cute.
As with other amigurumi, some have very large heads with little or no body (the so-called Cute Kitten). I liked the gray rat, the Crazy Cat, the tortoise, the horse, the elephant & the panda.
Very few show a picture of anything but the front view, even when there are 3 pictures. Several animals which have tails aren't given them here. I know these aren't meant to be realistic depictions, but leaving off tails doe
Christen
May 07, 2010 Christen rated it liked it
These come out a little bigger than I expected, I altered the pattern to make them smaller. Good directions though.
Saoirse
Jan 30, 2012 Saoirse rated it liked it
I haven't started a priject from this book yet but it looks as amazing as her other book. SO excited to start.
Sara
Jun 28, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: crochet
A great selection of adorable crocheted animals.
Abby
Apr 22, 2011 Abby rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
Love 'em and enjoy creating 'em!
Isabel
Isabel marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Hasan
Hasan marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Deborah Richardson
Deborah Richardson marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
الغريب اني
الغريب اني marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Lyse
Lyse rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Saeedeh
Saeedeh marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Sandra Mini
Sandra Mini marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Carla Pando
Carla Pando marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Malwina Bornico
Malwina Bornico rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Myo Thu
Myo Thu marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Sarah added it
Jul 30, 2015
Venus Maneater
Venus Maneater rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Lillian Romaniello
Lillian Romaniello rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015