Start by marking “Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)

Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  13,420 ratings  ·  1,651 reviews
Cut & Run Series: Book One

A series of murders in New York City has stymied the police and FBI alike, and they suspect the culprit is a single killer sending an indecipherable message. But when the two federal agents assigned to the investigation are taken out, the FBI takes a more personal interest in the case.Special Agent Ty Grady is pulled out of undercover work aft
ebook, 1st Edition, 370 pages
Published September 2008 by Dreamspinner Press

Danger Undercover by Charity ParkersonPoor Little Daddy's Girl by Normandie AllemanDear John by Nicholas SparksDestroy Me by Laura BaileyThe Wanderer by Shawn Kirsten Maravel
Sexy Men in Uniform
8th out of 179 books — 169 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsInescapable by Amy A. BartolCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareDivergent by Veronica RothIntuition by Amy A. Bartol
The Best Books That Everyone Should Read
84th out of 800 books — 414 voters

More lists with this book...

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by

This book has a false title!

The real one is:

Read & Become obsessed with Ty and Zane!

I just felt like I should warn anyone who's thinking of reading the book :)

Hello, I am a Ty and Zane addict. I have been an addict for 3 days now, and I'm trying not to cure myself. It's not very easy, considering I have only 5 books more to read, and then I'll go through withdrawal. I guess I'll have to do massive re-reads to keep my addiction. It's not something I'll want to get rid of  photo 805735.gif

How my addiction

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS....all my brain cells have just FRIED!!!

Phew!!Just give me one second...... where was I???Oh yes...

Readers please make way for this AMAZING,SPECTACULAR and DYNAMIC DUO---

Ty AND Zane

Careful ladies.....don't SWOON!!(But if a pair of strong arms is nearby to catch you then by all means,be my guest)

Have you ever HATED someone at first sight???

Well FBI agents Ty Grady and Zane Garret
This book came highly recommended, so I was quite disappointed when I finally got around to reading it. This could have been a really good story, instead it was the literary equivalent of a summer blockbuster movie, complete with requisite car chase/slow-motion car flipping over scene. This was basically every buddy cop movie you've ever seen, except this time the two agents have sex. The two agents would have been interesting characters if the dialogue hadn't been designed to beat you over the ...more
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Mar 14, 2013 Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: delicious-m-m

Ty & Zane! *SIGH*

"Are you feeling this too?"
"Me, either"

Ok, let me do this short and nice because there are too many GREAT reviews about this book.

Let me say (and pls don't kill me) that I didn't love this book. I liked it, A LOT, but didn't love it. I looooooved their love story but the case they were working on was kinda boring for me and I knew, I freaking knew who the bad guy was!

Cut & Run tells us the story of Ty & Zane *SIGH*. They have to work together on a new case and
Kat Stark

My very first M/M cherry has been popped and boy was it adventurous! So for the very first time as a reviewer, I'm going to cast both MCs!! Don't make fun of my cast, I pictured these guys the ENTIRE TIME.

TRUTH is I didn't like a lot of things in this book. A LOT I tell you, but I overall I liked my first experience with M/M and I would definitely read more. This book has some amazing MCs that had me going:

Now listen...I don't know about gay sex. I don't know about gay relationships. I'm almost
Adrian Anderson
This book was a major disappointment. Yet again I have learnt not to trust the high star ratings on Goodreads. They just are too skewed in opinion. The ones who like the book rate it up...and most of the people who hate or dislike it don't even bother to waste their time rating it down - hence the misleading ratings.

I'll try to avoid (major) spoilers. I disliked everything about this book, from the crappy cover art to the poor characterization and plot. I know I complain about the male torsos be
Five "are you feeling this too" STARS!

I'm not going to say too much about this one. I loved it. I want to start the next one straight away so my review will be mostly visual.

“Ty Grady was a rude, insufferable, egotistical, stinking son of a bitch, and Zane was going to figure out how to tune him out. Otherwise, he just might give in to the pressure and kill the bastard, for the good of humanity.”

“It was now or never. Zane took a slow, deep breath and ducked his chin, tilted his head si
Re-read: August 4-7, 2014
First read: July 2-5, 2013

July 5, 2013:
'"I had you pegged as trouble from minute one," Ty gasped accusingly between the hurried meetings of their lips.'

I need to thank everyone who pushed me to pick up this one! I so get why you all loved it and I cannot wait to continue the series now. I need more! *not at all addicted*

My, my, my... What do say? Cut & Run was definitely one thrilling ride. I loved Ty and Zane from the first moment we met them and couldn't get en
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."
- by Khalil Gibran, Love Letters in the Sand: The Love Poems of
Khalil Gibran -

FBI Special Agent Tyler Grady is assigned to the Criminal Investigations Branch. FBI Special Agent Zane Garrett is glad to quit his boring-ass desk job at cyber crimes. He’s transferred (promoted) to the Criminal I
~ Becs ~
I’d heard so much about Zane and Ty in my Goodreads Update Feeds over the last few months, these guys have become almost like rockstars to me. My insatiable curiosity was always going to get the better of me and so I just had to give in and find out for myself what the fuss is all about. Before I even started reading this, the synopsis made me think of the Winchester Brothers and who can resist a bit of Wincest? Zane, at least for me, is Sam and Ty, the wisecracking Dean. With this visual in min ...more
I do hope Ty carries a chap-stick around at all times, because the guy licked his lips 23 times before I lost count.

Although I got so little enjoyment out of a book that I had anticipated so greatly, I'm still leaning towards giving Cut & Run 2 generous stars. Mostly out of respect for my friends on here who all seem to genuinely like it. And because, I might as well admit it, I feel the need to be a little more supportive towards m/m than f/m romances.

Now that that's settled, let's move o
Jan 09, 2014 Jill rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jill by: Lena♥Ribka

FBI Special Agent Ty Grady and FBI Special Agent Zane Garrett.

From partners....

To partners....

Paired up to solve a series of murders that has the police and Feds baffled, the best-of-the-best are put onto the job. With little in the way of an identifiable pattern to the victims or the murderer's modus operandi, their only real clue lies in the different tokens left behind at each crime scene.

What Worked

The Buddy Cop Trope
Cut & Run is every buddy cop film you've ever seen, except this
Mar 27, 2013 Ami marked it as dnf
I'm abandoning this book. Forever.

I didn't know what was wrong with it but I couldn't get into the story. It felt dragging on and on. I had books that were longer or more complicated but this one, I couldn't feel any sympathy or feeling for the characters at all. I put this book down twice before (in May, in July) and everytime I thought I could continue, I failed. I struggled to find the emotion needed; I thought I would feel something once Ty and Zane at least shared a kiss, but nope, didn't
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*If you haven't read this M/M classic, it is on sale for only $1 at Amazon US right now, 5/12/15!*

**Edited to add- this was one of my first M/M romance reads :)**

I'm not a romantic suspense reader, as a general rule. I tend to hate thrillers and mysteries. I get easily scared. I only picked this one up because of the good reviews on Goodreads from my goodreads friends and the fact that I heard there was a M-M coupling.

This book did not disappoint. The anxiety produced by the mystery was far ove
A genre-crossing thrill ride. Gripping, entertaining, and intriguing.
The perfect launch of a series.

(all spoilers are hidden)
“I’m flattered. I’ve moved up from idiot to moron,” Zane said. “And you have moved up from utterly reprehensible asshole to only moderately annoying asshole.”
“Only?” Ty repeated with a huff. “It takes effort to be this abrasive, I hope you realize.”
“Yeah, I guess so. But you just make it look so easy.”
Serial Killers,
Car Chases,
Gruesome Murders,
A literal

Accidental/stalkerish BR with Her Highness! :D

First of all

Hosted by

I loved this book! This was my first M/M story and it left me pleasantly surprised! I didn't think it would be my cuppa, but turns out if you try anything once, you might find out some interesting shit about yourself and your limits.

Meet Special Agent Ty Grady

and Special Agent Zane Garrett

Hosted by

These pics are courtesy of my newly-developed obsession with Lost. I know, Your Majesty, I said I could picture Sawyer as Ty and Jack as Zane because
Heather C
Yes, yes I finally broke down and read this!

The MCs
The fighting
The sexual tension
The violent kissing
The angry fucking

The head hopping!! It was exhausting trying to decipher who was saying, doing, thinking what. I found myself rereading a lot.
The beginning of the book! It was slow reading for a while. Add in the head hopping and it seemed like it took forever for anything to happen. But about midway it

FANTASTIC!!!!!! 5 STARS!!!!!

This was my first attempt at a m/m romance story... and I have to tell you it was absolutely incredible. I am completely hooked on these characters and on this series!! It is a compelling story about two FBI agents from very different backgrounds, both burned out in their own way, and being thrown together against their will to solve a very difficult
I should start by clarifying that I really liked this book. Mainly because of the two main characters, Ty and Zane. They were mostly successfully portrayed and the chemistry between them was more than intense. The overall story was well-delivered and it kept me interested the entire time. And I absolutely loved the last pages of the book, right after they discovered who the serial killer was.

I always rate my reads based on my overall impression, regardless of any details that may have bothered m
Kat is a Glitter Pirate ☠

"We can still cut and run,"

Ty & Zane lovers I'm about to shit on this book. If you have a problem with that....

Cut & Run has the indignity of joining the Driven trilogy and the Consequences series as one of the most badly written/annoying books I have ever read.

It was repetitive, clichéd and contrived with disorienting written POV's and a very weird obsession with adverbs.

The characters weren't remotely likeable. Then again that's hardly their fault when they a
Crystal~BIG book addict~
First of all, thank you to all of my wonderfully awesome GR friends for recommending this book to me so much. You ladies rock and what a way to pop my m/m cherry!!

Ty and Zane are both FBI agents partnered together to investigate a serial murderer.

There is a lot of tension between the two, both are smartasses. Some of their digs at each other were hilarious. They are fighting their attraction for each but you know they have to give in some time and the first kiss happens.

Explosions occur with thi
I read lots of reviews about this series and I saw all the WARNINGS if I start reading this I will become ADDICTED to Ty & Zane.... I didn't listen and what have I become ------> a total JUNKIE and I'm gonna be needing my second fix really soon (if not already today)!

descriptionWOW! WOW! WOW!description

Ty and Zane, two deliciously hot alpha males, both FBI agents, are forced to work together to find a serial killer. Now, I gotta say when it comes to the plot and the whole mystery part I kinda pr

If I would rate only the main characters, Ty and Zane, I would give the maximum point score without any hesitation!

I am officially in love with Ty and Zane!

First of all I would like to thank my GR friend Eva, who recommended me this series and was not tired to remind me about it every now and then,so that I got it and read it at last. THANK YOU, EVA!!

What did I like:

You like sexy attractive alpha males? EX MILITARY? FBI-Agents? Means more alpha and more sexy?
Then you are r
Duchess Nicole

So fitting for the relationship between Ty and Zane!

Not going to do a rehash of the plot...just want to clarify my thoughts about the book and to once again equivocate my feelings because this stupid three star review makes everyone think that I didn't like the book. That's really not the case, I promise! It's just that at the end of this book, I didn't put it down with a sense of satisfaction from a story well told, a case closed, a happy-ever-after. I put it down with a sense of anticipation f

"REREAD WEEK" (Nov 23, 2012)

BETTER THE SECOND TIME AROUND!!! Having the liberty to skip some of the murkier, over-complicated, drawn-out parts and not lose the overall story is a gift. And, being reintroduced to characters I’ve already come to know & love…feels like experiencing your first time all over again w/o the awkwardness of being a virgin! :)

Ty & Zane’s first time in the hotel room is one of the sexiest scenes EVER. Loved it!

New observation: I’ve always recalled the banter and t

OMG Ty and Zane have to be my favorite m/m couple. Their sarcastic and bantering one second, then HOT and sexy as hell another LOL

The only thing holding me back from giving this book 5 stars, would have to be the story on the killer. It was SOOOOO boring and predictable. At times I was yelling at the book at how obvious things were. The Ty and Zane that I know shouldn't have been fooled so easily, but that aside this book is FAB and a must read. It made me laugh
Just perfect, suspense and a sweet growing love between two male FBI agents - Ty & Zane - admirable tough guys - 4,5 Stars

I have read a lot of very good and detailed reviews of this book so my review is just a short summary of what I felt about the story.

First of all: This novel is part one of a series of several books about these two partners, but you get a clearance (a solved murder mystery) and a satisfying, IMO, resolution of the now just started relationship between Ty and Zane.

Ty is
Wow, what a roller coaster ride this book has been for me. It took me until the very end to decide if I liked it or not. I really did like it, but there were a few problems: it was slow going at times, especially the first 100 pages or so. Also it was a little lengthy. Finally, it could have been a lot steamier.

On the positive side, I am madly in love with Ty and Zane!!! OMG, they are so hot and really funny. (Especially Ty!) What more can you ask for? Also, the last few chapters just blew me aw
"Shit, Ty, you can't take my damn arm off! Please ... baby,” Zane's voice cracked with agony as he pleaded between uneven gasping breaths. “Get out of the car,” he ordered weakly.
Ty responded with a small, chaste kiss. As he heard the roaring of the battered cab's engine coming closer he curled protectively around Zane,
hoping to shield him from the brunt of the crash.

I have been wondering for quite some time what makes reading about a man who falls in love with another man so appealing. My a
Emily May
I have never before read a M/M romance book that wasn't about the difficulties of coming out or homophobia or pushing some kind of message. This is the first I have picked up with the intention of finding something entertaining and sexy - and, to be honest, I was completely unsure whether M/M sexytimes was going to turn me on. On that front: yay! But not so much yay for the overall book which I DNFed after the cliches started to drown me.

I suppose Cut & Run never promises to be anything but
A Million More Pages: 1 - Cut & Run (Cut & Run): Oct 4 3 8 10 minutes ago
I need help! (book recommendations needed) 28 126 Feb 12, 2015 10:47AM
What to read after! 8 147 Feb 10, 2015 06:36AM
Who is the best Alpha Man, Ty or Zane? 24 276 Nov 22, 2014 08:43PM
should I continue.... 23 202 Oct 06, 2014 10:53AM
  • The Hell You Say (Adrien English Mystery, #3)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)
  • Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone, #1)
  • Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Shades of Gray
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (A Matter of Time #1-2)
  • Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1)
Madeleine Urban is a down-home Kentucky girl who’s been writing since she could hold a crayon. Although she has written and published on her own, she truly excels when writing with co-authors. She lives with her husband, who is very supportive of her work, and two canine kids who only allow her to hug them when she has food. She wants to live at Disney World, the home of fairy dust, because she be ...more
More about Madeleine Urban...

Cut & Run (9 books)
  • Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2)
  • Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3)
  • Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • Ball & Chain (Cut & Run, #8)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3) Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2) Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4) Caught Running Warrior's Cross

4 trivia questions
3 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Zane was starting to piss him off again. Which was good, he supposed. It meant the urge to lick him all over was passing, at least.” 227 likes
“Fuck,” Zane murmured, pulling Ty closer. “You’re worse than heroin.” 102 likes