Start by marking “The World Treasury of Children's Literature: Books I & II” as Want to Read:
The World Treasury of Children's Literature: Books I & II

The World Treasury of Children's Literature: Books I & II

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  65 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Clifton Fadiman can remember to this day the wonder that he felt as a child when he opened a book and found "a surprise package stuffed with things I had no idea ever existed." Fadiman's lifelong love affair with books, which began at the age of four, is evident in this splendid anthology, which gives young children--and adults who can still summon up the child in themselv ...more
Published December 31st 1984 by Little Brown and Company (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The World Treasury of Children's Literature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World Treasury of Children's Literature

W.B.
May 17, 2009 W.B. rated it it was amazing
If you have littles, the two volumes in this set are worth seeking out. I don't know what miracle cleared the rights to reproduce all these children's classics in these books (even Sendak!), but you're saving hundreds of dollars and getting most of the books in their complete form. And the art plates and color reproductions are just about perfect. These can be found on Abebooks at great prices. I found both volumes in a thrift store for just over a dollar each. These are quality hardcovers.
Kelly
Oct 02, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents, children
Shelves: children-s
Apparently, my mom had bought volumes 1 & 2 for me when I was younger. When word got out that we were expecting all my children's books were all of a sudden at our house. I quickly shelved this one, not bothering to look through it.

Mistake. I could have saved money knowing that a lot of children's classics (or at least my faves growing up) have been reprinted in this handy collection: Curious George, Babar, Make Way for Ducklings, The Little House, A Kiss for Little Bear, even Goodnight Moon
Bookstorequeer
Another book from my childhood. It's a collection with volume II as well. Flipping through brings back all sorts of memories, from William Steig to The Story of Ferdinand. My favourite, The Velveteen Rabbit, and The Story about Ping. It's all the things you love about kid-hood, in one book.
Pepper
Wonderful children's book filled with condensed stories and wonderful illustrations.
Tara
May 31, 2013 Tara marked it as to-read
Shelves: own
so far I recognized a few nursery rhymes but still got a lot of pages to go.
Phuong
Phuong rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was ok
May 21, 2016
Emily
Emily added it
May 15, 2016
Fritz Loehrke
Fritz Loehrke marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Debra
Debra added it
May 12, 2016
Kaylyn
Kaylyn marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Tyson Hazard
Tyson Hazard is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2016
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Raina
Raina marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
erzulie
erzulie rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Caryn
Caryn added it
Mar 11, 2016
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Kari coe
Kari coe rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Abbie
Abbie marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Clifton P. "Kip" Fadiman was an American intellectual, author, editor, radio and television personality.
More about Clifton Fadiman...