Start by marking “Midnight Sons Volume 2: Daddy's Little Helper\Because of the Baby” as Want to Read:
Midnight Sons Volume 2: Daddy's Little Helper\Because of the Baby

Midnight Sons Volume 2: Daddy's Little Helper\Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons #3-4)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  843 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Location: north of the Arctic Circle. Population: 150 (mostly men!) But the three O'Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to town.

Daddy's Little Helper

Mitch Harris is a friend of the O'Hallorans, and he's responsible for law and order in Hard Luck. He's also the widowed father of a little girl&am
Published June 30th 2009 by Mira (first published May 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Sons Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Sons Volume 2

Sharon
I just like Debbie Macomber's feel good books. It never tires me reading her books one after the other. It helps me release the stress from work.
Emily
I picked this book up on a whim at a Library sale, it then sat in a box for a couple years. I came across it recently and pulled it out to read. I'm glad I did!
It's fun to read how the stories of different characters are interwoven while still maintaining focus on one couple's story of falling in love.
It's especially refreshing to read a story that does that while remaining "clean".
I'll definitely read on in the series and more!
Jodi A.
Debbie Macomber is always a guaranteed winner for something to read. Her characters always feel like someone you want to sit down with and spend hours chatting over coffee. Loved that the publisher decided to re-release this series. I'd read only one of the books of the series, so it was nice to be able to get everyone's story, all in one shot.
Drebbles
Set in Hard Luck, Alaska, "Midnight Sons, Volume 2" consists of two early Debbie Macomber novels: "Daddy's Little Helper" first published in 1995 and "Because of the Baby" first published in 1996.

"Daddy's Little Helper"

Seven-year-old Chrissie decides that it's time her widowed father Mitch got married again and she knows just who she wants to be her new mother - her teacher Bethany Ross. Mitch is attracted to Bethany but wary of romance since his first marriage was a failure. Bethany is attrac
Daddy's Little Helper
Mitch is a single dad raising a precocious little girl. He is a widow and not looking to remarry--the first marriage didn't work out well and he doesn't plan to go through it again. Too bad his daughter, Chrissie, has other plans.
Chrissie has decided the new teacher in town, Bethany Ross, would make the perfect wife for her dad. Mitch doesn't disagree that she is pretty and nice and he wouldn't mind getting to know her better, but he has no plans to marry her.

Cute as all the
Julie Barrett
Midnight Sons vol 2 by Debbie Macomber
This book contains 2 of the series. Hard luck, Alaska where 3 bush pilots advertised for mail order brides.
Daddy's Little Helper
This book is mainly about
but we catch up with all the residents of the town.
Bethany Ross is there to teach at the school. She's met a few of the kids and she believes Ben is her bio father.
Ben runs the cafe.
Mitch has a daughter, Chrissy who wants to hook him up with the new schoolteacher.
Mariah is the new secretary. She has Chri
Jeanne
Enjoyed the stories about Hard Luck, Alaska. 1st story "Daddy's Little Helper" Mitch Harris is the law in Hard Luck. He's a widowed father of a little girl, 7 year old Chrissie. A new teacher, Bethany Ross, has been hired. Chrissie has decided that her new teacher would make her dad the perfect wife and herself the perfect mother........ The 2nd story "Because of the Baby" Matt Caldwell and his ex-wife Karen are still in love with each other and in a night of passion Karen is pregnant. Matt want ...more
Lara
Aside from the little bit of "woman changes for her man" at the end of Because of the Baby, and the fact that the thoughtless husband never really got the fact that he'd behaved badly, it was another enjoyable Macomber read.
Bernette Beals
Midnight Sons Volume 2 review

The second volume of Midnight Sons by author Debbie Macomber has two more stories about the folks in Hard Luck, Alaska.
Becky
Another enjoyable read from this great author!!
April
It was ok. not one of my favorites.
Katherine
I didn't finish this book. The first story was clean and fairly interesting. But the second was just annoying. And although there wasn't explicit sex, the two main characters did keep jumping into bed together. Yes, they had been married and divorced and yes, they still loved each other, but they were no longer married. The narrator also made Matt's voice nasally and he just sounded like a winer to me. I just wasn't interested anymore. I've given up on Debbie Macomber.
Terri
Hard Luck, Alaska

Bush pilots in Hard Luck, Alaska are some of the most caring guys you want to meet. Always thinking about the ladies that responded to the ad for women to come to Hard Luck and the great opportunities that are available to them in Alaska.
Jan Mcleod
Debbie Macomber's novels are always a delight to read.
These two stories, a continuation of volume one, are full of conflict, humor, good characterization, and romance.
These died-in-the wool bachelors in Hard Luck are falling right and left for the women they've brought into town. Even thought some of them don't want to be attracted to the women, they are and perfectly happy doing so.
Stephanie
Beauty's in the eye of the beholder.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and they staff, they comfort me.

There are two kinds of people in the world--those who wake up and say, "Good morning, God," and those who say, "Good God, morning!"
Rachel Rogers
Preferred the 1st story in this book but both were fun. As normal in series like this, I frequently find what's happening in the lives of characters from previous book more engaging that the main story.
Mrsinserra
love love love this series. i think it is in this volume that there is a guy who has sex before marriage, but it is not looked upon in a favorable light. i love the guys in hard luck!
I didn't finish this book, and don't intend to. The first book of the series was redeemable to me because it was "clean" - but this book changed all of that. :(
Susan
I really enjoy these stories. It is fun for me to see the progression of the characters from one book to another and see a new romance develop. Just plain fun.
Ruth
Two Macomber Harlequins in one book. Both are set in Alaska. Both are sweet and the characters live happily ever after. No explict sex.
Sandy
Another good book. Read it in one day. This one made me laugh out loud several times. I really like this series. Lots of clean romance!
Tiffany
Two enjoyable stories from Hard Luck Alaska. Hard Luck is located above the Artic Circle and has a population of 150 and growing.
TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library
Patron Review:
I like all the detail and dialogue in Debbie's books. It draws me right into the story.
Dixie-lee Campbell
Excellent ! Hard to put the book down. Kept the interest & entertaining.
Lesley
Debbie's books never disappoint - good stories and easy reads.
Trisha
I liked this little series. It was an easy enjoyable read.
Sandy
Nice light hearted romance. A good read after a long week at work.
JoAnn
Not great writing but I enjoy the series. Cute and sweet.
Rosetta
Great Book. Already started Vol 3. So exciting..
Jill
Always look forward to the next installments.
Midnight Sons Vol 2 2 10 Aug 25, 2013 04:26PM
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • Where The Heart Is: From This Day / Her Mother's Keeper
  • Part of the Bargain
  • Hometown Hearts (Granger Family Ranch #7)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck (Women of the West,#3)
  • What an Earl Wants
  • Seduced by Destiny
  • Holiday Magic
  • A Man to Trust
  • Underfoot (Bellagio #2)
  • Lilac Wedding in Dry Creek
  • An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)
  • Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1)
  • The Bachelor Prince

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Midnight Sons (6 books)
  • Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons, #1)
  • The Marriage Risk (Midnight Sons, #2) (Harlequin Romance, #3383)
  • Daddy's Little Helper (Midnight Sons, #3; Harlequin Romance, #3387)
  • Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons, #4; Harlequin Romance, #3395)
  • Falling for Him (Midnight Sons, #5)
  • Ending In Marriage (Midnight Sons Series, #6)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)