Start by marking “Yes, We Can! A Salute To Children From President Obama's Victory Speech” as Want to Read:
Yes, We Can! A Salute To Children From President Obama's Victory Speech

Yes, We Can! A Salute To Children From President Obama's Victory Speech

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  148 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A picture book salute to chidren featuring excerpts from President Obama's Victory Speech.

Beautiful photographs of children throughout the country accompany pictures of President Obama's monumental campaign and acceptance speech.
Published January 1st 2009 by Orchard Books

Yes, We Can! A Salute To Children From President Obama's Vict... by Barack ObamaUlysses by James JoyceThe Complete Yes Minister by Jonathan LynnShe Said Yes by Misty BernallYes I Can by Sammy Davis Jr.
Yes We Can!
1st out of 14 books — 5 voters
So You Want to Be President? by Judith St. GeorgeMadam President by Lane SmithJohn, Paul, George & Ben by Lane SmithThe Buck Stops Here by Alice ProvensenAbe Lincoln's Dream by Lane Smith
Picture Books About American Presidents
15th out of 83 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Ashley
Nov 19, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it
Grade/interest level: Early childhood
Reading level: Lexile: 80
Genre: Nonfiction, Biography

The main purpose of this book was to take excerpts from President Obama’s victory speech in 2008 and present them in a way that young children can understand. Each page only contains a few words; all in big bold letters so that it is easily followed by beginning readers. The book also depicts children from all over the world on each page to help portray President Obama’s promise of change.

I would use this b
Katie Frakes
Dec 04, 2012 Katie Frakes rated it liked it
This book was very interesting to read because it literally just quotes the words from President Obama’s victory speech in 2008. On every page, there is a single line quote from the speech and there is a picture above it. Every picture is of Obama with different children from the day of the speech. This is really nice because the children in the pictures are about the same age as the intended audience. I would recommend this book for young children because there are a lot of visuals, without ver ...more
Amy Dennehy
Dec 02, 2012 Amy Dennehy rated it liked it
This book is great for young children. This book if fun and easy for children to understand. Each page has a quote from President Obama’s victory speech from his acceptance in 2008. Each page only contains a few words that are large and easy to read. Each page also has a picture of Obama with different children from the day of the speech. I believe this would be really fun and easy for children to read while still educational. I would use this book in my classroom about the time of elections. I ...more
Shannon
Jun 11, 2011 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
This book is excerpts from Obama's victory speech (the complete text is available in the book info on GoodReads) combined with large pictures of Obama with kids. I suppose this book will annoy everyone you could expect for it to annoy, but it was neat to see so many shots of interactions between the first family and kids -- I know I never saw pictures like that when I was little except of Barbara Bush reading with kids.

I'd probably have this book around right before Obama makes his back-to-schoo
Jaclyn
Nov 29, 2012 Jaclyn rated it liked it
I found this book to be inspirational and does a good job focusing its audience on children.This book is a depiction of Obama’s acceptance speech. Every page has a different picture from the day he was accepted as president and an inspirational quote from his speech. It depicts what the title wants it to, but does not teach a lesson that I would find educational. It could be used as an motivational lesson to inspire kids or used as a fun read.
Lachelle Cooper
Nov 04, 2011 Lachelle Cooper rated it really liked it
Historical Fiction
Ages 4-8
Paperback

This book is made up of President Obama's Victory Speech. The speech has been revised an edited so that young readers can interpret it with minimal assistance. There are pictures in the book that bring the peom to life. President Obama is the first African American Pesident in the United States. The poem is an inspriation to young readers who have goals and dream.
Joey Fong
This book is written by President Barack Obama, a victory speech in which he saludes to children in America. It incorporates quotes from Obama's victory speech. A great book on teaching American government, introduction of Barach Obama, and very inspirational. I love that it contains many real-life photographs of President Obama interacting with children. Appropriate for 1st to 3rd graders.
Cheryl
Snippets from President Barak Obama's victory speech with pictures of children throughout.
Jenna
Feb 25, 2009 Jenna rated it it was amazing
My oldest son, three, loved this Obama book because of the big pictures and the kids.
Lisa Bresley
Lisa Bresley marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Chinnarao
Chinnarao marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
M.N.M.D.R
M.N.M.D.R rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2016
ABUKARI SALAHUDEEN
ABUKARI SALAHUDEEN marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Wayne Aw
Wayne Aw marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
David Jardine
David Jardine marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Longtime Atl-Friend
Longtime Atl-Friend marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Isa
Isa marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
James
James marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Pamela Bell English
Pamela Bell English marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Satine Dali
Satine Dali marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Anthony Musani
Anthony Musani marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Lakshmi Priya
Lakshmi Priya marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Marilynn
Marilynn marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Dr. Eyvonne
Dr. Eyvonne marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Jared
Jared added it
May 26, 2016
MadisenJones
MadisenJones marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Ameer7baig
Ameer7baig marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
E.b.d.
E.b.d. marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
  • The Mine-O-Saur
  • Testing the Ice: A True Story About Jackie Robinson
  • Whoever You Are
  • Ruby Bridges Goes To School: My True Story (Scholastic Reader Level 2)
  • New Tricks I Can Do!
  • Children Just Like Me: Celebrations!
  • Our Children Can Soar: A Celebration of Rosa, Barack, and the Pioneers of Change
  • Bluish
  • Thunder Rose
  • Please Write in This Book
  • Poetry for Young People: Robert Frost
  • The Bunyans
Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States of America. He is the first African-American President to be elected President of the United States, and was the first to be nominated for President by a major U.S. political party. He was the junior U.S. Senator from Illinois from 2005 until he resigned on November 16, 2008, following his election to the Presidency.

Barack Obama is the son of
More about Barack Obama...