Start by marking “A New Threat (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #5)” as Want to Read:
A New Threat (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #5)

A New Threat (Star Wars: Boba Fett #5)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  350 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The next action-packed installment in the New York Times best-selling Boba Fett series.

Published April 1st 2004 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A New Threat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A New Threat

Angela
Suitable for children aged 7 +

Boba is give another assignment by Jabba the Hutt. He has to kill a separatist leader who is holed up in a fortress on a hostile planet. This is quite fun and action orientated. There's lots of fights as Boba tries to get to his target. It does end on a cliffhanger though. A good read.
Christopher
advanced 4th - 5th grade

This book is the fifth book in the Boba Fett spin off. This book, as far as structure is concerned is similar to the first book. There are 27 lines of text in 14 point font. The vocabulary in this book is a little more advanced than the first edition in the series. This book would be better if the students read it on their own and used it as a book report book.

Language Arts, Science

Lesson Plan: This book would be a great way to illustrate character development over the co
Kenneth Flusche
leaves you hanging ready for next book these kids should be ready for bigger books so make it bigger
Aimee
My son asked me to read this. He was so cute about it and asked me if he could ask me a question when I finished the book. He wanted to know what I would rate it! *lol* So, this is for TSM1. If I were an eight year-old boy, I would give it 4 stars!

Grownups don't need to read it, though. It won't entertain or amuse you. As an adult, I give it 1 star for the egregious foul of having a character dodge a light-based energy weapon. *shakes head* What are we teaching our kids, people???
Alexander Draganov
Best book so far. Boba Fett is hired by Jabba to slay the dreader Separatist leader Wat Tambor and travels to the planet Xagobah. There, Boba discovers how impossible his task really is - Wat Tambor is protected very well and has all kind of nasty surprised for visitors.
Yet, even more sinister enemy is approaching...
The book is action-packed and because the character is older, everything is more matured and epic. The ending, however, is a very frustrating cliffhanger!
Brendan
One of the better books so far in this series. It probably helped that they jumped two years in the future and we don't have as much of the unbelievably stupid Boba. Still, Hand seems to over enjoy putting Boba into impossible situations and just letting luck get him out again. It's less about Boba's skill and more about the fact that he can't die because we know he's still alive in the future. This is not how one becomes one of the greatest bounty hunters in the galaxy.
Blake Anderson
This book is about a young bounty hunteron a mission to capture the man who killed the kast bounty hunter. On this journy it turns into a pearilous journey that is do or die. With the action and page turning characteristic of this book it is recomended highly for anyone. So read "A New Threat" by Elizabeth Hand. (B2)
Owen
Boba Fett went into the middle of a battle and went into a temple, inside the temple was a guy. This guy was a shape shifter with a trap. This was a very exciting book. Boba Fett did not win, it's to be continued- we'll see what happens.
Audrey
i think this would be a good book for a little kid but i found it hard to follow as an adult. the plot kinda went nowhere and there was only 5 pages with general grievous when on the bsck it akes it sem like he is a main character.
Jeri
Boba goes up against his biggest bounty target yet. More characters from his past are included in the book. The book ends with a cliff-hanger making you want to read #6.
Jessie
I don't approve of any storyline that tries to make Boba Fett anything less than the killer he was supposed to be in this universe. So this series was terrible.
Ryans101098
I loved this one. It had thrilling things like the battle with Grievious.
Jacob Razer
it had alot of fighting.boba fett didnt die.Im glad about that.
Jones Family
Exciting fast paced book. Good series. well written.
Kristin
One more. . . just ooooonnnnneeee more. :)
Christina
Read it to my son...Mommy just not that into it.
Nicky
Jan 24, 2009 Nicky added it
it was a good book
Ivy
Ivy marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Alissa
Alissa marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Richard Shank
Richard Shank marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • The Final Showdown (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #10)
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Promises (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #3)
  • The Swarm (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #8)
  • Prophets of the Dark Side (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #6)
  • Hostage (Star Wars: Rebel Force #2)
A New York Times notable and multiple award– winning author, Elizabeth Hand has written seven novels, including the cult classic Waking the Moon, and short-story collections. She is a longtime contributor to numerous publications, including the Washington Post Book World and the Village Voice Literary Supplement. She and her two children divide their time between the coast of Maine and North Londo ...more
More about Elizabeth Hand...
Waking the Moon Generation Loss Illyria Mortal Love Saffron and Brimstone: Strange Stories