The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy

The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  12 reviews

Welcome to the first comprehensive encyclopedia of the human energetic anatomy. Here is a reference that no personal or professional health care library should be without—an in-depth, illustrated guide to the invisible energies of spirit, psyche, and consciousness that influence every aspect of our well-being.

Whether you are looking for the complementary medicine to enhanc

Paperback, 1st edition, 487 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about The Subtle Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Subtle Body

Cathy Douglas
I got this for my husband, who wanted to explore alternative healing. He never got around to reading it.

But I picked it up recently, as a reference for a short article I'm writing about chakras. The information on this subject is all right, but diffuse; it's hard to tell where to look, exactly, without reading a hundred pages just to get a basic grasp on the topic. I was not loving this book, but as a reference, I wasn't hating it either.

Then I made the mistake of sitting down to read a chapter....more
Jan
I really wanted to like this book, which was given to me by a dear friend with the best of intentions. I did get out of it an outline of the Chinese meridian system and the Hindu Chakra system, and a passing acquaintance with a few other popular beliefs.

Unfortunately, the writing was sloppy and the thinking was sloppier. Instead of simply outlining various belief systems, critically or uncritically, the author engaged in the worst kind of pseudoscience to "prove" various ideas. She started out w...more
The Chakra House Healing Studio and Boutique
This books is best used as a reference. You do not need to read it cover to cover. Very comprehensive study on energy anatomy combining many schools of thought.
Valerie Welch
Mostly, a scientific approach to the otherworldly subject of subtle energy. It is a well put together textbook to the class I always wanted to take, but was never given the choice to.
Mary Shutan
incredibly well researched and the most comprehensive book I have read on the subject.
Rah~ri

Is this book any good?
Or os it just the mega-compilation of
new-age-babel-blahblahblah-stick-finger-down-your-throat-airy-fairy-fuzzy-bunny-that-should-be-made-into-stew-for-me-and-you-kinda-book-ish-thing???
I know i'm a brat :)
but i have a luv hate relationship with this stuff.
So, i guess this looks decent online?
Is it?
Why?
How?

Seems more than every other person coming into the shop
is talking to me about energetics? ... kinda fun...kinda exhausting?
Would like to have a good reference book for...more
Ashley
beautiful book full of inspiring information on the chakras and energy anatomy. I especially enjoyed how it combined science and metaphysics. A nice go-to book for info especially on the chakras and auras. I really enjoyed how open and expansive the discussion was on different cultures and how it incorporated various elements from the cellular to the different auric bodies. It shows how even though there are different methods of healing, they all interconnect. It also inspired me to look at heal...more
Amy
Even though this is called "An Encyclopedia" I read it cover to cover.

The value of Cyndi Dale's book is that she includes a large number of subtle energetic frameworks from a wide variety of cultures. She also gives more detailed overviews of the Chinese meridian system and the Indian chakra system.

She includes a long list energy healing modalities, coupled with descriptions (some better than others). Everything that I know about is in there, but that doesn't mean she didn't miss something, of c...more
Charlotte
This book had fantastic illustrations and made a valiant effort to present actual science woven in with historical and recent applications for various healing modalities. While the Herculean effort to outline all subtle practices, by sheer volume, of course falls short, the author definitely chooses her topics wisely to enable her to compare and contrast different healing modalities and energy systems.

I learned so very much from this book. Totally recommend it for subtle energy practitioners of...more
Alysa Volpe
I use this as reference quite often and recommend it as cliff notes for any teacher of yoga and esoteric philosophies.
Hollins
meh. Took me a year and a day to finish it. I think that says all that needs to be said.
Sajida
Very complicated to read. But definitely worth it for yogis
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Michelle Owens
Michelle Owens marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Kaitlin Morey
Kaitlin Morey marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Josey
Josey marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Coraley
Coraley marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Michael Holt
Michael Holt marked it as to-read
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Gotkuksool
Gotkuksool marked it as to-read
Jena
Jena marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
  • Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing
  • Energy Medicine for Women: Aligning Your Body's Energies to Boost Your Health and Vitality
  • Chakra Clearing
  • The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga
  • Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques
  • Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, and Western Science
  • Calling in "The One": 7 Weeks to Attract the Love of Your Life
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Trail Guide to the Body: How to locate the body's muscles, bones and more (Third Edition)
  • Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine
  • The Web That Has No Weaver: Understanding Chinese Medicine
The Complete Book of Chakra Healing: Activate the Transformative Power of Your Energy Centers Kundalini: Divine Energy, Divine Life Energetic Boundaries: How to Stay Protected and Connected in Work, Love, and Life Advanced Chakra Healing The Intuition Guidebook: How to Safely and Wisely Use Your Sixth Sense