Start by marking “The Denver Cereal” as Want to Read:
The Denver Cereal

The Denver Cereal

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  240 ratings  ·  30 reviews
"Invited to her ex-husband's engagement party, Jillian Rober shows up in thigh high boots.

And Denver Cereal begins.
Published January 15th 2009 by Cook Street Publishing (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Denver Cereal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Denver Cereal

Debbie
The book started ok, The characters are likeable Jill and Jacob. It did not take long for the book to get just stupid. Mike and Valerie secret 9 year marriage, what ever. These two family are intertwined but nobody know each other, stupid. The ending was horrible. If it is a wired way that they hope in by the rest of the books it did not work for me. Bad book
Cathleen
This book was so much fun to read! I could not put it down. All the characters introduced in this first book were so funny, normal and/or quirky. They all had issues that everyone has dealt with at some point in their life. The author has such an engaging way of writing that you find yourself fully involved in the story. It is like a "Soap Opera" in book form but has a much better story. If this book was made into a TV series I would watch it.

I became so involved with the "Cast" that I went to t
VLynch
This book has a handful of great characters and a storyline that kept me interested and wanting more. I plan on looking for more books by Claudia Hall Christian as this book was a great enjoyment. I highly recommend this book for those who need a nice escape.
PepsiGirl
This was pretty entertaining. With a cast of characters that rivals any soap opera. The story centers around Jill and her siblings and their antics. The story starts off and your along for the ride and let me tell you this story has multiple stories going on so pay attention!! It's plot might be a little convoluted but it works. I was never bored that is for sure. With psychics abounding and secrets between siblings (and there are a lot!) second chances, attempted murder, true love, and other in ...more
Deb
Fun, light antics in Denver with local cameos too!
PepperP0t
This book was so enjoyable, the characters felt like friends, the story engaging. I do plan to go on with the following installments. The only downside was the characters were so connected - no one was outside. It is also a quick read. I was looking for something to clear my mind between my normal diet of paranormal romance and found new characters to get involved with. This story is fun!

Denver Cereal begins with our heroine, Jill, making a choice -- and it doesn't end the way she expects it to
Chelsea
Too many characters that are too closely linked with one another became confusing.
Annoying characters, very predictable story line with the exception of the attack.
So many spelling and grammar errors, glad it was free.

Joanne
Found this book on BN website as a free book for the Nook. Was pleasantly surprised on how fun it was to read. It was a bit confusing at first with all the different characters, but then they all started to flow together and was much easier to follow. It was really fun to read a book with local places and people involved. The characters seemed like every day people with every day issues. Just fun read. This is a "serial" book, and I've already downloaded the 2nd part from smashwords.com and can' ...more
Abryhauna Duerson
This book is awesome

Claudia Hall Christian makes the characters seem so real. I am so going to read the rest of the series.
Darlene Law
dumb! The families are all intertwined but oblivious to what goes on between them. The whole story was sex. What a waste of a good story idea.
Coco
I'm really enjoying this series. Its goes to my email and I read a new part of the chapter every day. Her other books were good too: The Fey, Who I am, Learning to Stand, Cascade and Ceilia's Puppies. When I first started reading it I could download the first book for free and have been reading it ever since, We are on Chapter 208 Part 3 (there's about 5-6 parts to each chapter.The setting is Denver Colorado so the talk about specfic streets and restaurants located there. Very interesting.
Gates Watson
I love the Denver cereal series - the characters are very likeable and very down to earth. From the first page of the first story I was captivated. A must read for all Claudia Hall Christian fans and those people who should be fans!
Heather (Raevynemyst)
I first read The Fey series which I thought was wonderful. Grammar is sometimes not the greatest, but it is one of the reasons that the price of the books are lower so they didn't spend too much money on editing (author explanation). The characters are delightful and the plot really pulls you in. Like the Fey series, I can't put them down and I became very involved with all their stories. This series is highly recommended.
Meghan O'Connor
I'm not sure what to think. It was hyped almost like a mystery and I got it free through my BookBub deal of the day... But it's more like a rambling half-assed romance. And I get that it's set in Denver, but the insistence on naming every street they drove on and buildings they went to just seemed like overkill. As if it were screaming, "Look! Look! I can prove it's Denver!"
Maria D
Enjoyable story, but convoluted with so many characters; it got confusing at times. Pretty good character development and plot; it felt like reading a soap opera. It's interesting how the story was improved by multiple people, yet the document maintained a fair amount of errors. Overall, a good read, and a free download.
Maureen
Story is good, characters are interesting, but after reading for something like 600 pages, the book ends but the story doesn't. You need to go to the next book, then the next, and then continue on to the website. This book is not a stand-alone in a series, it's just one part of an extremely long story with no apparent ending.
Kaye
I was really disappointed. I really liked this book in the beginning and couldn't put it down. Then too many storylines were introduced and it became very hard to follow. The series continues online at the Denver Cereal website. I started reading but have lost interest. Maybe I will start reading again later.
Matu Nila
This one was an easy and nice read. There were a bit too many characters to keep up with for my likings. I also didn't quite get Celia's role, other than being the mother and the hassle with the father was also a bit much.

What really surprised me though was the ending! A tad fast, or was it just me?
Nancy
Finished: October 21, 2009

Book #72 in the 52 books in 52 weeks Ravelry challenge.

This was a great book. Continue reading the chapters at www.denverceral.com

I have now completed reading the series from the website. I look forward to reading this weekly series.
Vivian
Really enjoyable book. Almost read like a soap opera...several pages of one scene with specific characters...then it jumps to a scene with other characters...then back again. Well written, with lots of characters, so you have to pay attention!
Karen Davis
Love the Denver Cereal Series!! There's 3 in this series...all of them are great. It kept my interest throughout all of them. I definitely don't want to give anything away...but it's a great read!
Patty
Excellent book. From the first page you get taken away right into the character's lives. You will enjoy this book.
Marlene
If it weren't for all the editing issues (read the kindle edition), I think I would have enjoyed this book more.
Claudia
This is a serial fiction that I am working on and my first published work - hope you enjoy it!
this book was ok. but at one point, their was spelled there and i started to give up.
Zu
Stupid unlikely and twisted plot. Empty and pointless. One of very few I didn't finish.
Michelle
I am a bit confused at times but I have downloaded the next book
Margaret
lots of swearing but other than that i liked it.
Holly Moffitt
Love this series! Reading Vol. 4 now!!
Lindsey
Amazon freebie 6/16/13
  • Edith
  • A Taste of Liberty (Task Force 125, #2)
  • Justice Incarnate (Shadows of Justice, #1)
  • I Witch
  • Heartbreak Highway
  • Return to Paradise
  • I Thought It Was You (Grimm's Circle, #2.5)
  • Classmate Murders (A Jim Richards Murder Mystery #1)
  • Texas Homecoming (Night Riders, #1)
  • House Report
  • Hidden Legacy
  • Too Darn Hot
  • Hilda Hopkins, Murder She Knit
  • Desert Rose (Warriors Series - #1)
  • Blood Ties (Little Town, #1)
  • A Ripple in Time - Angel of the Titanic
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Between a Rock and a Mad Woman (Scotland Yard Exchange #0)
The Fey Who I Am Learning to Stand Lean on Me Celia's Puppies