Start by marking “Guide To Being A Goddess (The Girls' Book Of Glamour)” as Want to Read:
Guide To Being A Goddess (The Girls' Book Of Glamour)

Guide To Being A Goddess (The Girls' Book Of Glamour)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  571 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Being a glamour goddess has never been so easy!

Transform yourself from drab to fab with this nifty guide to all things glamorous! Whether you want to have the shiniest hair or convince people you're a celebrity, this book will show you how! Being a glamour goddess has never been so easy.

Published January 1st 2009 by Scholastic Nonfiction (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Guide To Being A Goddess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guide To Being A Goddess

Eustacia Tan
This book belongs to Simone. But one day, when Rena and I were eating in her room (it's a long long story involving Golden Week), my eyes happened to fall upon this book. It just so happens that I had lent her my "Friends" book (same series) so the books looked like a set when my eyes fell upon them. So before I begin, I should start with my friend's comment "The friends book seems to be written for older people and the glamour book for kids."

And you know what? Her comment sums up the two books
Victoria Moore
I knew the second I got a chance to read "The Girls' Book Of Glamour: A Guide To Being A Goddess" by Sallie Jeffrie I was in for a treat. Part "etiquette guide for girls" and part "life skills tips" it's a comprehensive how-to manual geared for the Young Adult market in a time of conflicting media and societal messages, that're making a lot of women feel insecure about themselves. This book does just the opposite, it strives to make the reader feel good about themselves, instead.
Some parts sat
Haleigh Chacon
Feb 20, 2017 Haleigh Chacon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Girls book of glamour :a guide to being a goddess by Sally Jeffrie is another great book in the series.The awesome tells more ways to have a glamorous life.Like how to tie dye a t-shirt and how to make a door curtain.It was fun to read a book like this and be able to read a book that was at my level and was non-fiction.The book was created to make you feel confident,glamorous,gorgeous and be the goddess you were meant to be .If you are looking for a book that suits you I would highly suggest ...more
Elyse Reardon
Jan 01, 2015 Elyse Reardon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! I love all the books from this series. I bought my mother the "For the Grandmother Who's Best at Everything" book and read the whole thing within an hour. These books have that vintage wisdom to them, where they give you helpful tips on how to act like a young lady, how to apply makeup, fashion tips, and ways to take care of your hair. I'm 26 and received this book for Christmas, just because I love etiquette type of books that give you pointers on how a lady should ...more
Shouq
Apr 28, 2013 Shouq rated it liked it
I'm such a sucker for beauty books! This is very entertaining, fun and surprisingly a little helpful.
Jessica
Dec 25, 2016 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fun but not exactly gender equality for young girls.
Gini
Oct 05, 2016 Gini rated it it was amazing
Adorable little scholastic book for young girls. It's fun and semi-anecdotal. I think it's perfect for a pre-teen. Super quick read for adults. Has some fun tips and tricks for young girls to navigate their pre-teens. I'd buy this for my daughter (if I had one).
Andreea
Aug 20, 2014 Andreea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: multiple-reads
Note: This review DOES contain spoilers of the events in the book, so if you have not read it before and wish to discover the secrets of the book for yourself, it is not suggested that you read this. --A.M.G.

Don't understand why, but this book really calms me down when I read it. Treating every girl as if she is a goddess with beauty accepted in every which-way, I encourage girls of all ages to read this and try some things out. Visually appealing as well, just the drawings are enough to make me
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Lauren Ashley for TeensReadToo.com

THE GIRLS' BOOK OF GLAMOUR by Sally Jeffrie is a short, cute read all about how to be the best, prettiest, most confident girl you can be.

The book is written in sections, with titles such as How to Customize Your School Uniform, How to Make Your Own Lip Gloss, and even How to Soothe Tired Feet.

The book is great for giving good ideas on how to clean your makeup brushes, exit a limo properly, and make tie-dyed shirts in a fun manner. All of these thi
Eryn
Oct 27, 2009 Eryn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: read-in-2009, ok
This book did not meet me expectations at any rate. Some topics were so hopeful and I can't wait to do them, like the topic, How to make your own lip gloss, or the topic, How to jazz up a boring ponytail. Yet others seemed completely pointless and stupid such as, How to order food in a restaurant or How to be a hand model. Why would I want to be a hand model? I only gave this book a 2 and not a 1 because there were a couple I was very surprised to know, but on the other hand I really don't care ...more
Joenna

Inside this handy guide you'll find instructions on how to host a spa party, create your own style, exit a limo gracefully, make your own body glitter, persuade your best friend to lend you her clothes, put on a fashion show, make your own jewelry box, and m
the sound of Autumn
Want tips of how to pamper yourself, relax, or just plain out have a little girly fun? This is your book! It tells you helpful things that really make you feel good, like how to treat yourself to the perfect bath, or how to braid flowers into your hair! I've gotten some good times out of this book, so I hope all my fellow hard working girls out there who just need a break enjoy this book as much as I have!
Nalani
Apr 29, 2014 Nalani rated it liked it
The make your own lip gloss turned out awfully it was basically grease!
The bubble bath was awesome I have made it many many times!
The perfume gets old and is a really long process.
I have good things to say and bad things to say about these "treatments"
Also one last thing I saw another's review about this book and she was saying that it was based of of only American-European girls
that is absolutely true and that's terrible!
Gabby
Aug 04, 2013 Gabby rated it it was amazing
I like this book because of the things it teaches you. It teaches you how to be sophisticated, but not to be a snot. It shows you can be beautiful by being kind and being yourself. It's just an uplifting book, great for girls who want to be their self, great for for all girls. It shows you don't have to wear expensive clothes, or look like the popular girls in school to be beautiful.
Amanda
Jan 01, 2009 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amanda by: Purchsed at a store
Gives beauty tips. This book was a little better than the first one but it's still nothing special.

I bought this book at Meijer’s hoping that it would be a good book. It was good I guess but I wouldn't have paid the 9 dollars that I did for it. It was worth one read but after that not really.
Joanne Nock
Based on the fact that the advice regarding make up is to get your parent's permission and save your pocket money, I may not be the ideal target audience based on the fact that I'm 41 1/2. Though it was an amusing way to spend a Sunday afternoon .
Cammie
Dec 13, 2009 Cammie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: how-to-books
As it say on the back cover:"After all, every girl deserves a life of glamour!" This book can make you become a godesse, well maybe i'm exagerating some things are a bit silly but it's always fun to have non realistic books isn't it?
Prw41894
This is a fun book for girls at a slightly more mature age to read for fun! It is a great book to bed read in order to enhance girl's knowledge of what to be on the lookout for but also fun for parents to be aware of!
Chloe luvs ya
Nov 14, 2010 Chloe luvs ya rated it really liked it
I really like this book. It has tons of tips for fashion,makeup,fun and games.The only reason I don't give it a 5 star rating is because some if the tips are pointless, I mean COME ON!! who would need to know "how to make people believe you are a hand model???!!!" Overall,great book
Jara
Jun 17, 2014 Jara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book when I was in high school. Almost 6 years ago and I only got to read it again today. It's a cute book teaching on how to improve and love yourself more. I also love how it has doodles on it that makes it fun.
Chelsea C
It may look kind of juvenile but it's another quick go to guide for certain things like beauty routines I forget. For instance it gives a pretty solid step by step to wash your hair, how to pose in front of a camera, how to apply conditioner, how to act confident when your not. Stuff like that.
Jazmine Williams
i found some the information giving in this book to be false, such as the proper temperature to wash your hair. Some of the tips also don't work for certain girls like myself because this book is based off a typical European-American in my opinion and what seems to be in all of the pictures.
Celestial
Jan 05, 2015 Celestial rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so much fun! My little sister and I tried out most of the things. The ones we tried worked, and by the time we were done we were laughing so hard we couldn't get up. It was fun to pamper ourselves at home and find out cool new random hacks.
Karen
Obviously it wasn't the best book for its plot line. I received this book when I was younger, of course, but it is a good how-to book that any girl could find some use of. Filled with many tips on how to look and act your best, The Girls' Book of Glamour is a great gift for young girls.
Khairunnisa Humairoh
Mar 16, 2010 Khairunnisa Humairoh rated it it was amazing
bought this book because "hot pink book" lol. but its really nice to read!
Jensyn (Jenny Fiction) Rose
Becca Alverez
i love it
Sara-Kay
Dec 01, 2014 Sara-Kay rated it it was ok
Silly. And not in a fun way.
Kinoy
Dec 13, 2016 Kinoy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Informative in a funny way. I like all the informations inside.
awesome book 1 4 Nov 30, 2011 02:44PM
  • The Girls' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
  • The Double-Daring Book for Girls
  • The Goddess Guide
  • The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style: How to Wear Iconic Looks and Make Them Your Own
  • Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me: Lessons In Grace And Elegance
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Money: How to Make It, Save It, And Spend It
  • 211 Things a Clever Girl Can Do
  • City Chic: An Urban Girl's Guide to Livin' Large on Less
  • It's So You: 35 Women Write About Personal Expression Through Fashion and Style
  • I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style
  • The Great Big Glorious Book For Girls
  • Three Black Skirts: All You Need to Survive
  • The Secret Of Robber's Cave (Cabin Creek Mysteries #1)
  • Wojtek the Bear: Polish War Hero
  • How to Sew a Button: And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew
  • The Art of Civilized Conversation: A Guide to Expressing Yourself With Style and Grace
  • Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes