Start by marking “Kindness: A Treasury of Buddhist Wisdom for Children and Parents” as Want to Read:
Kindness: A Treasury of Buddhist Wisdom for Children and Parents

Kindness: A Treasury of Buddhist Wisdom for Children and Parents

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Following the Buddha through his various transformations, these traditional tales open the ancient master's teachings to persons of all ages and religions. These stories form a pageant of elephants, monkeys, monks, and men working through foolishness toward wisdom and delight.
Published February 1st 2001 by Eastern Washington University Press (first published October 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Kindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kindness

Meanmayormary
For Grade 2 main lesson block - Jataka Tales, asian fables.. and overview of world religions throughout year. Will follow the waldorf 3 day outline for: The quarellsome quails, joyful the ox, the dung beetle and the monkey king. (will work one or more into our Math Block (monkey, mango math)
Julie
Highly recommend this book for parents and children. My oldest son (almost 6) and I pick up this book from time to time and randomly choose stories to read. We have both really enjoyed it.

Jess
filled with short quotes and thoughts that are taken from the buddhist philosophy, and can be applied to everyday life. many of the stories had a fairy tale quality.
Carly
My son and I really enjoyed reading this treasury of Buddhist tales. A good bedtime book with morals, although some may be difficult for children to interpret.
Ami
It's worth a quick read for the one or two stories that'll stick with you, but it's not going to win any awards for the best storybook of all time.
Kupie
One of my favorite books! I have bought this book literally 5 or 6 times and each time it gets given away. It's that good.
Jeff
A delightful collection of tales from various Buddhist traditions written to be read aloud to children. Very well done.
Sara
Pretty good, but some of the stories were a little hard to understand for my 7 year old.
vanessa
It's nice to fall asleep after reading a little parable from this book!
Sharon James
Sharon James marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Ian
Ian is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Robin Brown
Robin Brown marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Hannahlily
Hannahlily marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ayat Jamilah: Beautiful Signs: A Treasury of Islamic Wisdom for Children and Parents (Aesop Prize (Awards)) Chaos, Wonder and the Spiritual Adventure of Parenting: An Anthology At Work in Life's Garden: Writers on the Spiritual Adventure of Parenting Muhammad: The Story of a Prophet and Reformer Harmony: A Treasury of Chinese Wisdom for Children and Parents