Start by marking “Healing Depression the Mind-Body Way: Creating Happiness Through Meditation, Yoga, and Ayurveda” as Want to Read:

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"If you have an interest in optimum mental health, this book belongs on your shelf!"
--Amy Weintraub, author of "Yoga for Depression""A must-read for anyone interested in overcoming depression and healing themselves naturally. A very important book that will elevate you in many ways. Everyone must seek it out."
--Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D., author of "Meditation as Medicine"...more
Published April 6th 2009 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Healing Depression the Mind-Body Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing Depression the Mind-Body Way

Colleen
This book makes so much sense to me. I love how they split depression into the three doshas. Instead of reading descriptions of symptoms (which always seem too general) I enjoyed reading profiles of people who exhibit each doshic type of depression. Right now I'm reading about pranayama work for each form of depression. Really looking forward to the chapters on yoga and ayurveda/food remedies.
Belann
I really learned a lot about Ayuvedic medicine from this book. The application was for depression, but it explained in great detail the three body types: vata, pitta, and kapha, and how to overcome problems in all three. The emphasis was on depression, but there was a great chapter on sleep problems. Very helpful.
Phredric
I found this book useful. The three Depression Archetypes gave me a different way to think about depression. I also like the spice tea (cumin / coriander/ fennel) - don't know if it works but it's delicious!
Kate
This is a great book that gives real solutions for things that you can do to lessen depression in a non-medicinal way. It follows the path of Ayurveda and breaks down depression into 3 types (Airy, Burning or Earthy) and different things to do for each one. It doesn't treat the disease as a generalization, but instead looks at differences we have as individuals and helps to break treatment down into smaller steps.
Meleofa
I don't know how far I will get in this book. I'm 20 pages in, and already losing interest.
Emily
Jul 29, 2012 Emily marked it as to-read
found this while looking for some yoga DVDs and thought it would make an interesting read :)
Alyssa
I'm not a believer in Ayurveda, so this book, while interesting, was of no use to me.
Rahul Shrivastava
Rahul Shrivastava marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jimmy
Jimmy marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
E. C. (Elizabeth) Haynes
E. C. (Elizabeth) Haynes marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Peggy Goldblatt
Peggy Goldblatt marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Azure Stevens
Azure Stevens marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Lois
Lois is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2014
Maria
Maria is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2014
Alicia Villegas
Alicia Villegas marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Bethany Fehlinger
Bethany Fehlinger marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Ayashe
Ayashe marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Jess Barrett
Jess Barrett marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014