Start by marking “Lose It for Life” as Want to Read:
Lose It for Life

Lose It for Life

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Lose It for Life is a uniquely balanced program that not only deals with the physical issues of overeating but also focuses on the emotional, mental, and often-missed spiritual factors related to weight loss to help readers achieve permanent results.
Published December 28th 2004 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Lose It for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lose It for Life

Brent Soderstrum
I like Stephen Arterburn and could stand to drop a few pounds so I decided to read this book. It is ok and it did get me motivated to lose some pounds but it is clearly written for people who are quite a bit overweight. It delves into the reasons behind overeating and how to overcome those demons. It also uses biblical passages to back up what is set out.

For me the most important thing I gained from the book is that you don't have to eliminate certain foods, just eat them in smaller proportions.
Jessica
Not exactly the most entertaining book I've ever read, but has some good information and entwines spiritual and emotional aspects of weight gain and weight loss together with the physical part for a Christian body-mind-spirit approach, which I appreciated. Very comparable to a 12-step approach. Really should be used with the workbook to reap the most benefits.
Dale Stringer
I really loved this book! It actually addresses the reasons for not loosing weight. It would be a great book to help overcome any addiction. I would say, this book is BIBLE RICH! If you are an Atheist, you will shut this book down cold. But any Christian will gain a vast array of knowledge and help from this book.
I thought this was a great book about weight loss. It didn't focus on any certain diet but instead makes you look within yourself for the reasons behind why you overeat. It encourages emotional, spiritual and physical healing while making changes that will have positive effects for life.
Holly
I really resonated with so much of this book. Now I have to get the paper edition so I can use the charts and questions to really make a significant impact. There is so much common sense information and many tools to use to make lifelong transformation possible.
Anna
I like this book allot because it delves into the mental, physical and spiritual aspects of weight and eating issues. So far I connect with this author and feel like he understands allot about human nature and peoples issues.
Alison
Good, practical advice that goes beyond the typical diet and exercise focus of weight loss. I was the organizer and data collector for our Biggest Loser 12-week Competition at work and our group lost a total of 185.6 pounds!
Oct 07, 2007 Laura is currently reading it
Can't say whether or not it's effective in supporting a lifestyle change, but I'm optimistic...thus far a very thought-provoking read!
Denise
Some good points and introspective approaches to the weight dilemma. Not incredibly life changing.
Bonnie
Probably the best book I have ever read on weight loss and the stuggle.
Kimberley
May 14, 2012 Kimberley marked it as to-read
I read part of this a long time ago - time for a refresh.
Lori
This was a powerful study.
D.
Does not go deep enough.
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Sarah is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Jacobsgonewylde
Jacobsgonewylde marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 06, 2015
Elisabeth Jones
Elisabeth Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Ellen
Ellen added it
Apr 26, 2015
Margaret Thompson
Margaret Thompson marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Tina
Tina is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Stephen Arterburn is the founder and chairman of New Life Ministries — the nation’s largest faith-based broadcast, counseling and treatment ministry — and is the host of the nationally syndicated “New Life Live!” daily radio program heard on over 180 radio stations nationwide. Steve is also the founder of the Women of Faith conferences attended by over 3,000,000 women.
Steve is a nationally known p
More about Stephen Arterburn...
Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time Every Young Man's Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation Every Man's Marriage: An Every Man's Guide to Winning the Heart of a Woman Healing Is a Choice: 10 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life and 10 Lies That Can Prevent You from Making Them Every Man, God's Man (Every Man Series)