Start by marking “Stranded (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Stranded (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #4)

Stranded (Ivy Malone Mysteries #4)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  820 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Super sleuth Ivy Malone's inquisitiveness has gotten her into plenty of trouble, including murder, mayhem, and a place on a mini-Mafia hit list. Still on the run from the mob, Ivy ends up in a small town in the Pacific Northwest with a broken-down motor home, a young traveling companion running from a violent husband, and a stray cat.
Published October 1st 2006 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Stranded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded

Pamela Tracy
Excellent. I read the first Ivy book thanks to a free download at Kindle. I promptly purchased the next three and was not disappointed. Wait, I was disappointed. There should be more.
Loraine
Once again Lorena McCourtney has introduced us to fun-loving, mystery solving "little old lady" sleuth, Ivy Malone. As she travels the US to escape the Braxton brothers who are still chasing her from a previous book, her RV breaks down in Hello, Colorado. A murder has taken place a month earlier of the town's wealthy supporter Hiram Kiefer. Ivy has to find a job and a place to live since she doesn't have the money to buy a new engine for her RV. This leads her to become involved with the citizen ...more
Rachel Lubow
This final Ivy Malone mystery continues the series' trademark humor and suspense. The ending--pleasantly--was not too tidy. I also appreciated that Ivy strongly commends churches that focus on Christ.

This book's plot resembled On the Run's plot, making it a bit predictable. The plot also seemed too dramatic, and more cliches--both Christian and general--were present in this book than in the first three of the series.

Regrettably, three brief comments about beauty were inappropriate for a Christi
Heidi R.
I really hope there will be another book in this series. It's not a "real" cliffhanger at the end, but there could be MORE to come... I recommended this series to my mom, because she will truly enjoy it (as in...it's a very nicey nice series ;o) )
Becky
”Stranded” is the fourth book I have read in the Ivy Malone Mysteries written by Lorena McCourtney. Ivy is a senior citizen who, in her recent history, has found herself in a number of sticky situations. Situations so “sticky” that she has hit the road to avoid trouble. During her travels she has befriended a young woman who is also running from problems, so she joins Ivy “on the road”. While driving through the countryside, RV problems develop that causes them to take refuge in a small town.

Th
Christy
Another cute read in the Ivy Malone mystery series, Stranded takes us to the tiny town of Hello where local residents are blaming the murder of a prominent townsman on his niece. Of course she is one of the first people Ivy meets, and in true Ivy character, she gets involved in solving this murder.

Abilene is still with Ivy in this book as is Koop, the anti-smoking cat. Ivy and Abilene become stranded in Hello when their motor home breaks down and an engine is beyond their meager means. They set
Warning: this review is ever-so-slightly spoilerish. ;P

Oh, how our LOL Ivy does find the mischief and grace of God in practically the same breath. This book is like the others in the series. best part being with Mac comes back for a little reconciliation. But, to leave us without a "happily ever after"?! I may not forgive the author. Unless, she chooses to write another Ivy Malone mystery. ;D

(Seriously, I've already picked up another one of her books about a younger mystery solver, so not too m
Stacey Coughlin
I just read all four of these books this week and they were a wonderful Christian Cozy Mystery series. I really loved the characters and each story line. I only wish that there would be more books to this series. Definitely a recommender.
Kathy
So sad to have finished the last book of the series! Since this was published in 2006, I doubt she has plans to continue. So I made up my own ending for Ivy and her "friend," Mac. The whole series has been a lot of fun.
Lyz
So, so cute! I am very sorry that this is the last book in the series so far. I just love Ivy Malone and Abigail is a jewel. I would love a second book detailing another Ivy/Abigail adventure. Ivy Malone has the wisdom and experience that comes with being a LOL, but Abigail has the opportunity for so many new experiences....salvation being one...and others that I won't mention b/c they would be spoilers, that with Ivy as mentor and catalyst for adventure, there is surely material for 1 or 2 more ...more
Gita Sturtevant
Cute

entertaining provocative well seasoned to stimulate thought as well as makes you think. read all they are . well done
Dallas
4th is a great series about a LOL (little old lady) super sleuth & investigative exploits - I want a Book 5 though to find out about Mac!
R.J. Kottke
I was sad to see the series end. I hoped there would be more books for the series. A really fun read
Paula
I really enjoy these cozies, McCourtney does a good job of keeping Ivy interesting.

Ivy and Abilene get stranded outside of Hello, Colorado when the RV breaks down. It will take a new motor to get them going again but it's so expensive that Ive and Abilene both decide to settle in and get jobs until they can afford it.

Kelli a lawyer offers them her Uncle's house to stay for free. He was recently murdered there and Kelli is the prime suspect because she had the most to gain. Ivy decides to take he
Cassie
Ivy Malone is no detective, but what she is is one NLOL, nosy little old lady who is going to figure out who murdered the rich uncle. Her senses are telling her that it isn't the one person the whole town thinks did it. Should I be surprised by now that this lady has come across another murder in another town? She gets herself into some tight spots!
Sad to see Ivy Malone retire, I'd like to see another one just to see what would happen with her love life.
Beverly Warembourg
I'm sad to say that this is the 4th and final book in the Ivy Malone Mystery series or is it?? Okay, that is just my wishful thinking talking. By far this was the best of the 4 books, definitely kept making me changing my theory as to "who dun it?"

I'm going to miss this NLOL(nosey little old lady) and the humor that she brought me. Definitely some chuckle worthy moments, but I still have to ask....just how old is Ivy??

Jean
Fourth in the series of Ivy Malone. I just really like the characters and find myself thinking about them after I've finished the book. I am sad there are not more Ivy Malone books to read. The books are well edited, no flaws in the research. The mysteries are not easy to figure out, at least for me.... Although this time I actually almost got it! Hoping for more in this series!
Vivie Moraiti
It was a very interesting book..

The plot was very nice - and it had added an extra mystery...still , it could have ended with just not a cliffhanger since it was the last book.I, for once , I would have to know if the Braxtons had found her..And some other details..

Still it was a fun read , and it had me laughing quite a few times.
ChrisGA
the fourth book in the series of adventures of LOL( little old lady) Ivy and her sidekick from the third book, Abilene. Lots of action and plot twists. Abilene’s problems are resolved by the end of the book, and there is some closure about Ivy’s situation, but the ending, though happy, left a few things hanging. Still fun Christian mystery.
Rayni
I loved this book. I was able to read this a little slower than the other 3 books. I inhaled the first 3 books, but I read this slower & enjoyed it. Of course, the ending came out of left field - again. I thought I had it figured out this time, but ... no such luck. I wish there were more books in this series. I L<3VE Ivy.
Jenny Karraker
The plots in these books are ridiculous and far- fetched, but the characters are so likable I continue to read them. Again, a good beach novel when you want to escape and get away from the real world. I picked this up from the library without reading the second and third in the series, so it was a bit jumbled up.
Janice L Dick
Loved this fourth book in the Ivy Malone cozy mystery series. More fun and excitement, new developments in the series arc. Read it in digital form; paper version not currently available. Only problem is this is apparently the last book in the series. I think there's opportunity for more Ivy Malone books.
Libby
I don't know if it was because I was tired, or because I felt pressed for time trying to carve out a few minutes here or there to read this, or because the ending left me wondering about another book and why hadn't she written it. But this one just didn't come up to the others in the series.
Bridget
This is typical of a series where the cases stand alone, but the character's personal history keeps flowing through. I want to read some of the previous books to see how she ended up in the circumstances of this book.
Chrissy
I am so bummed that there isn't a fifth book yet! I love this series and I'm dying to know what happens with Mac and Ivy! And Abilene...loved how that ended for her! Great series, light-hearted and entertaining.
Myersorchard
a fabulous series of christian mysteries. they had decent mysteries and had several laugh out loud moments. ivy malone is a wonderful heroine and the type of little old lady we should all hope to be.
Linda
I loved this book as much as I did the other 3. I enjoy the humor in them especially. Evidently she quit writing this series so I'm sad about that. Oh well, on to other authors.
Wendy
Maryellen
This series is a really light read, but I enjoy them as a break from the more sinister crime and espionage novels I read most. If you want an easy get away, this will do it.
Beth
It is too bad that there are only 4 books in this series. There are a lot of loose ends left at the end of this book. I feel like there is more story to tell...
  • Hazardous Duty (Squeaky Clean Mystery, #1)
  • As Good as Dead
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • Lethal Remedy (Prescription for Trouble, #4)
  • Echoes (The Michelli Family Series #3)
  • Magnolias, Moonlight, and Murder (A Mom Zone Mystery #4)
  • Nick of Time (Bug Man Series #6)
  • Try Fear
  • Higher Hope (Tides of Truth, #2)
  • Elementary, My Dear Watkins (Smart Chick Mysteries, Book 3)
  • The Splitting Storm
  • Violet Dawn (Kanner Lake Series #1)
  • Sisterchicks Go Brit! (Sisterchicks, #7)
  • Buyer's Remorse (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #3)

Ivy Malone Mysteries (4 books)
  • Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #1)
  • In Plain Sight (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #2)
  • On the Run (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #3)
Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #1) In Plain Sight (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #2) On the Run (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #3) Dying to Read (The Cate Kinkaid Files, #1) Whirlpool