Start by marking “The Lazy Person's Guide to Investing: A Book for Procrastinators, the Financially Challenged, and Everyone Who Worries About Dealing With Their Money” as Want to Read:

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Build Seven-Figure Financial Security without Ever Picking, Buying, or Selling A Single Stock! Most people think that you have to buy and sell the right stocks at the right time to make big money on Wall Street. In this enlightening, entertaining guide, veteran financial commentator Dr. Paul Farrell shows you how to grow a seven-figure nest egg without midnight jitters, ti ...more
Published January 8th 2004 by Business Plus (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Lazy Person's Guide to Investing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lazy Person's Guide to Investing

Chad Warner
After I read The New Coffeehouse Investor, I wanted to learn more about lazy investing and lazy portfolios. I saw this book on the shelf at the library, and picked it up. I'm glad I did! It starts by comparing a few popular "lazy portfolios" (simple, low-maintenance index fund portfolios), including the Coffeehouse Portfolio, then moves on to explaining why you should build your own lazy portfolio.

The author includes quotes and advice from many big names like Scott Burns, Bill Schultheis, Willi
Roland
I knew nothing about stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and all that other financial stuff before reading this book. Now I know a little more and have a better idea of how the market works. The most interesting part was that the market is entirely unpredictable, and that a monkey throwing darts can make stock picks that do better than those selected by the "pros." The book is repetative, but the author points out that that was his intention, and it worked. His overuse of certain quotes gets irritating ...more
Adam Moore
Really really great book. So much of this makes common sense. Basically get an index fund that track a broad index and stick with it for life. Asset allocation is more important then individual stocks. Include indexes of bonds and vary the amount of bonds in your portfolio by how much risk you are willing to accept. This book doesn't break new ground and the fact the author borrows from a lot of great other books may annoy some readers. However, if I planned on recommending one book for someone ...more
Toby
Humorous and well written, this book manages to make personal finance fun! Always tongue-in-cheek, it provides a really strong case for an all-index-fund portfolio by providing a lot of data, news and anecdotes about how index funds will outperform individual stock trading or load-fund portfolios. A must read for anyone who invests or enjoys managing their personal finances.
Adra
What I got from this book is that investing the correct way is a long and very boring process. This guide breaks down the investing terminology so well that even the average joe can understand. Mr Farrell does a decent job at simplifying the process of investing.

Adra Young
Author of: The Everyday Living of Children & Teens Monologues Comment | Permalink

Bracken
Interesting and informative for me, as a complete novice to investing. This book supported my feelings about investing and was instrumental in preventing me from making a bad investment.

I did feel, though that the author was trying too hard to be funny and that it could have been substantially less repetitious and get the point across.
durban
It's hard to rate when I am such a money novice, but I am trying to learn, from the personal finance side to the micro/macro-alterna side.
Blanche
Best book I've read on the subject. I've been investing my money in Vanguard since finishing the book in 2010.
Anthony Xing
The entire content could be written in one page. Instead it just get quite repetitive.
Major Doug
Listened to this book: interesting passive investing strategies.
Kirill
The whole book could be written on a single page.
Becky
perfectly informative and basic for beginners.
S
Jan 12, 2008 S marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
332.6 FAR
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Asmaa Mostafa
Asmaa Mostafa marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Eddie
Eddie marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Shannon Dolcy
Shannon Dolcy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Kim Mckiernan
Kim Mckiernan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Florian Führen
Florian Führen marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Mark
Mark is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2015
Nam
Nam marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Catmampbell
Catmampbell marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Millionaire Code: 16 Paths to Wealth Building The Winning Portfolio Bequem Reich Werden Durch Kluges Investieren The Millionaire Meditation: Stress Management For Wall Street, Corporate America & Entrepreneurs Mutual Funds on the Net: Making Money Online