Start by marking “Shugo Chara! (Volume 4)” as Want to Read:
Shugo Chara! (Volume 4)

Shugo Chara! (Shugo Chara! #4)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,121 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
CHARACTER SWAP!

Amu has three Guardian Characters, reflections of her true self. But now a fourth egg has shown up at the start of a new school year. Everything has gone wrong, and Amu has no idea who she truly wants to be. Meanwhile, her rival Utau has rejected one of her own Guardian Characters. Is it time for the two to trade Guardians? Is that even possible?
Published July 20th 2007 by Kōdansha (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Shugo Chara!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shugo Chara!

Conan Tigard
Nov 18, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shugo Chara!: Volume 4 is another really good manga book that takes place at the beginning of the next school year. Hmmm . . . I wasn't very happy with this. I felt like I hadn't had much time to get to know Kukai and Nadeshiko before they were gone. Plus, Rima seems like such a little witch while Kairi is not very nice either. So, now there are two rather nasty little kids in Guardian seats. To top it all off, Amu's new diamond Guardian Egg turns into an X Egg and ends up in the hands of Utau. ...more
Timothy
Jul 28, 2011 Timothy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
A fun shojo series strongly in the vein of Card Captor Sakura with well drawn art and amusing moments. Volume 4 was just pure hilarity mixed with moments of self angst that is becoming somewhat common in Shugo Chara (and that's understandable as our personal characteristics aren't something most of us so readily develop, especially at that early an age). But the highlight of this volume for me has to be the introduction of the chara Utau, especially her special move 'White Flag' that was introdu ...more
VampireAngelSadist
Jun 29, 2012 VampireAngelSadist rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-read
I got distracted for a while because I found it boring at first. I already knew what was going to happen, I watched the anime, So it took me some weeks to finally pick it up again and finish it. The manga is WAAAAAAAAY better than the Anime, they crushed, mashed, mixed, and pulverized things into a fine dust, mixed it with Too many episodes and Seasons (Ha) and just sorta distorted it. What I found amusing is that Ikuto really does not show any feelings toward Amu, and everyone thinks they like ...more
Ashley
Jun 07, 2014 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Victoria Newman
Sep 14, 2015 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Lindsey Pamplin
Nov 29, 2011 Lindsey Pamplin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 4 of a series built on fantasy fiction. I liked reading this because it is a new idea to me and it has all kinds of action and romance I enjoy reading as well as feeling similar to some of the characters. I think a lot of people who enjoy fantasy, action, and romance would enjoy this very much because being interested in such things myself I find it to be very exhilarating to read.
Lauren
Jul 09, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Amu was a great character, she was a little whiny at times but overall she was able to fight and stand up for what she believed in. I liked her relationship with everyone else.

The guardians added some comedic humor to the series and you can't go wrong with a little battle magic.

For fans of Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew.
Shealea
Sep 07, 2012 Shealea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kukai's gone? Are you kidding me? He was the best thing in this series.

Moving on, I seriously did not like this one. The new characters are just unlikable. The whole 'character swap' scenario left me with a 'wtf' face the entire time. Furthermore, Utau and Ikuto now officially disturb me.
May 16, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow : ) loved it : ) new guardians appeared and amu and utau battle and amu has a new guardian character egg, it turned into an x egg, and it went to utau, so she has to try to get it back : ) so gets really interesting : )
Naomi
Nov 24, 2008 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
AHH! I want more! I won't see the next volume until next year, 2009! Ahh! I can't wait that long to see what happens next! I'm going to find a bunch of images on the internet to satisfy my craving!
H.orses
Nov 24, 2009 H.orses rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The bickering characters in this book are hilarious, its seems like an atomic bomb could go off and they'd still be going at each other. This is also where we meet the x-chara, wee.
Diana
Oct 10, 2008 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, manga-romance
I love this story!
the idea of 'the person you want to be' is so good, unique, and relateable that i want to read more.
plus, i want to see ikuto and amu get together!
Steph
Feb 21, 2009 Steph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I really love this manga. The drawings are cute, the concept in unique, however, I have a hard time following it.
ribbonknight
I love the premise of this series, but the execution is very underwhelming.
Jessica
Cute characters, magical and very detailed.
Phileta Valavanis
Awesome, just Awesome!
Susan707
Mar 05, 2010 Susan707 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: otakus(manga fans)
Recommended to Susan707 by: the library
All4-Kpop
All4-Kpop rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Oumeima
Oumeima rated it really liked it
Brett
Brett added it
Merve
Merve added it
Wero
Wero added it
Kayla Cummings
Kayla Cummings marked it as to-read
Lou Cadars
Lou Cadars rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 07 (Gakuen Alice, #7)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 7
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 3 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #3)
Peach-Pit (ピーチ・ピット Pīchi Pitto) is a female manga artist duo in Japan, made up of Banri Sendo (千道 万里 Sendō Banri) and Shibuko Ebara (えばら 渋子 Ebara Shibuko). Their group name derives from the diner hangout Peach-Pit from the TV show Beverly Hills, 90210. Although both have similar styles, with some artwork it is possible to identify which artist drew it. Both are known for their bishōjo styled works ...more
More about Peach-Pit...

Shugo Chara! (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 1: Who Do You Want to Be? (Shugo Chara!, #1)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 5: The New Kids (Shugo Chara!, #5)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 6: Betrayal (Shugo Chara!, #6)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 7: Black Cat (Shugo Chara!, #7)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 8: With a Little Help From Their Friends (Shugo Chara!, #8)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 9: A Big Discovery (Shugo Chara!, #9)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 10: A Heart's Desire... (Shugo Chara!, #10)
  • Shugo Chara! Volume 11 (Shugo Chara!, #11)

“Like" as a friend. "Like" as respect.
There are so many different kinds of "likes."
So when does "like" turn into "love"? Where's the boundary?”
55 likes
“I want to challenge myself and do new things.

I don't know what it's like to be my true self. But it's more interesting that way.
Even if you don't know yourself?

If you don't know it means you can become anything you want to be, right?”
36 likes