Start by marking “Shugo Chara! (Volume 4)” as Want to Read:
Shugo Chara! (Volume 4)

Shugo Chara! (Shugo Chara! #4)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  3,534 ratings  ·  18 reviews
CHARACTER SWAP!

Amu has three Guardian Characters, reflections of her true self. But now a fourth egg has shown up at the start of a new school year. Everything has gone wrong, and Amu has no idea who she truly wants to be. Meanwhile, her rival Utau has rejected one of her own Guardian Characters. Is it time for the two to trade Guardians? Is that even possible?
Published July 20th 2007 by Kōdansha (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Shugo Chara!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shugo Chara!

Timothy
A fun shojo series strongly in the vein of Card Captor Sakura with well drawn art and amusing moments. Volume 4 was just pure hilarity mixed with moments of self angst that is becoming somewhat common in Shugo Chara (and that's understandable as our personal characteristics aren't something most of us so readily develop, especially at that early an age). But the highlight of this volume for me has to be the introduction of the chara Utau, especially her special move 'White Flag' that was introdu ...more
VampireAngelSadist
I got distracted for a while because I found it boring at first. I already knew what was going to happen, I watched the anime, So it took me some weeks to finally pick it up again and finish it. The manga is WAAAAAAAAY better than the Anime, they crushed, mashed, mixed, and pulverized things into a fine dust, mixed it with Too many episodes and Seasons (Ha) and just sorta distorted it. What I found amusing is that Ikuto really does not show any feelings toward Amu, and everyone thinks they like ...more
Ashley
Lindsey Pamplin
This is book 4 of a series built on fantasy fiction. I liked reading this because it is a new idea to me and it has all kinds of action and romance I enjoy reading as well as feeling similar to some of the characters. I think a lot of people who enjoy fantasy, action, and romance would enjoy this very much because being interested in such things myself I find it to be very exhilarating to read.
Shealea Iral
Kukai's gone? Are you kidding me? He was the best thing in this series.

Moving on, I seriously did not like this one. The new characters are just unlikable. The whole 'character swap' scenario left me with a 'wtf' face the entire time. Furthermore, Utau and Ikuto now officially disturb me.
Jenny
[Ch. 15-18]

Aw, too bad about those two kids who aren't Guardians anymore especially the guy since he's a really fun character... but you do get to see him in one of the chapters. :)
Also, the ending.. weird.. O_O
Naomi
AHH! I want more! I won't see the next volume until next year, 2009! Ahh! I can't wait that long to see what happens next! I'm going to find a bunch of images on the internet to satisfy my craving!
H.orses
The bickering characters in this book are hilarious, its seems like an atomic bomb could go off and they'd still be going at each other. This is also where we meet the x-chara, wee.
Lára  Arnarsdóttir
So when does "like" turn into "love"? Where's the boundary?
-Nagihiko

I'm so turning into middle grader lately. ~
It's nice to unwind a bit ;)
Diana
I love this story!
the idea of 'the person you want to be' is so good, unique, and relateable that i want to read more.
plus, i want to see ikuto and amu get together!
Steph
I really love this manga. The drawings are cute, the concept in unique, however, I have a hard time following it.
ribbonknight
I love the premise of this series, but the execution is very underwhelming.
Susan707
Mar 05, 2010 Susan707 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: otakus(manga fans)
Recommended to Susan707 by: the library
Shelves: awesome-manga
very cute book!!!
Jenny
Good turn of events
Kaylee
love this one 2
Ahlea
Ahlea marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Jumi
Jumi marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 06
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 04 (Gakuen Alice, #4)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 04
Peach-Pit (ピーチ・ピット Pīchi Pitto) is a female manga artist duo in Japan, made up of Banri Sendo (千道 万里 Sendō Banri) and Shibuko Ebara (えばら 渋子 Ebara Shibuko). Their group name derives from the diner hangout Peach-Pit from the TV show Beverly Hills, 90210. Although both have similar styles, with some artwork it is possible to identify which artist drew it. Both are known for their bishōjo styled works ...more
More about Peach-Pit...
Shugo Chara!, Vol. 1: Who Do You Want to Be? (Shugo Chara!, #1) Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3) Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2) Zombie-Loan, Vol. 1 Shugo Chara!, Vol. 5: The New Kids (Shugo Chara!, #5)

“Like" as a friend. "Like" as respect.
There are so many different kinds of "likes."
So when does "like" turn into "love"? Where's the boundary?”
54 likes
“I want to challenge myself and do new things.

I don't know what it's like to be my true self. But it's more interesting that way.
Even if you don't know yourself?

If you don't know it means you can become anything you want to be, right?”
35 likes