Start by marking “The Raw Food Gourmet: Going Raw for Total Well-Being” as Want to Read:
The Raw Food Gourmet: Going Raw for Total Well-Being

The Raw Food Gourmet: Going Raw for Total Well-Being

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews
WARNING: The raw food recipes in this book are so delicious they may change your life!

The phrase 'raw foods' conjures up images of food as punishment—think uncooked carrots and celery, with perhaps a spinach juice cocktail as a chaser. However, uncooked doesn’t have to mean unappetizing, as this combination cookbook and guide to the raw foods lifestyle shows. Gabrielle Cha
Published July 7th 2005 by North Atlantic Books

To ask other readers questions about The Raw Food Gourmet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Raw Food Gourmet

Christina
I went into this book just looking for some new healthy recipes, but got so much more out of it. I enjoyed the author's personal stories about her decision to eat only raw food. Reading about her accomplishments on the back cover made her someone I'd love to get to know. Her final chapter about the spiritual aspects of gardening and eating fresh foods is beautiful.

That being said, I think eating raw food alone would be too difficult! Some of the recipes were very involved and took a couple of da
Hillary
I love this book. Chavez has really involved recipes if you want to go there, but she also has a lot (a lot) of really accessible recipes for a busy person. Her snacks are my favorite (kale crisps, comfort and joy, crunchies, etc.--- yum), and once I'm back into the swing of raw things, I will be using this book nonstop. In my humble opinion, a must-have for the raw library.
Lori Gertz
Wish I had the personal stamina to keep up a diet of raw food. Some of it sounds so wonderful, but then some of it just sounds like way too much work to prepare. I got some wonderful recipes for sauces and soups though. This is a great recipe book for raw foodies.
Ernie A
Currently reading this one... Not that I would want to go full-blown raw, but this book reminds you of the importance of eating raw fruit/veggies. Try to have one serving/meal. Lots of good recipe ideas too.
Susanna
Jul 08, 2007 Susanna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everybody!
I love the author very much and feel great reading her. Thanks to her I am very excited about starting raw foods. It is a concise, fun and gentle read.
Alice
Great for anyone starting out in raw vegan. This book inspired me to go for it.
Enia
{{own-heart}}
Chris Schmidt
Chris Schmidt marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Bernadette
Bernadette marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Barbara Marko
Barbara Marko marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Irina
Irina marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Brittany Westyover
Brittany Westyover marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
David
David added it
May 28, 2012
Jesse
Jesse added it
Dec 20, 2011
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2011
Mikela
Mikela added it
Jun 15, 2011
Mia C.
Mia C. marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2011