Start by marking “Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food: Recipes from the F Word. with Mark Sargeant and Emily Quah” as Want to Read:

With his unique style, high voltage energy and passion for good food, Gordon Ramsay shows how to get a great meal on the table in less time than it would take to have a takeaway delivered.
Hardcover
Published December 1st 2007 by Quadrille Publishing (first published May 4th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Claire Theobald
Jul 15, 2008 Claire Theobald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves to cook
okay, so this isn't a traditional "read," but for those of you who love to cook, but are short on time, this book is FABULOUS. i grew up learning to cook from the "silver palate" series, but now find the recipes a bit rich for my taste. like the silver palate series, ramsay covers a wide range of foods and ethnic tastes. the recipes, however, are very modern and make the most of fresh (sometimes unusual) ingredients. the recipes are also very easy to follow and great for post-work dinners. i hav ...more
Salena
Jul 09, 2012 Salena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook is visually appealing. Too bad the recipes were not as appealing to me. He lost me with his Chilled melon soup with crab garnish and Smoked salmon & cream cheese on rye with a generous spoonful of caviar.
Ubalstecha
Jul 27, 2011 Ubalstecha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While there are some lovely recipes in this cookbook, I found that Ramsey has left some crucial details out. For example, he will tell you to heat some oil on the stove, but not at what temperature to do so. He also assumes that the home chef has better knife skills than they do. Both of these leadi to some burnt food. For someone who purports to be trying to "get women back in the kitchen" these vague directions could lead to a non-cook getting discouraged and giving up. So if you do use this b ...more
Katrina Michie
Feb 10, 2009 Katrina Michie rated it really liked it
The cover on this one doesn't look as sleek as the one we bought, but I think this is the right one. Oh man, this book is amazing. I never bought creme fraiche before, and what a tragedy. I want to eat creme fraiche forever. You won't believe you are able to make food that tastes this good. The upside: the instructions are easy easy easy, the assembly is fast. The downside: the ingredients are a little harder to find, you'll probably have to make a trip to whole foods or central market. But oh m ...more
Ashley Westra
Apr 02, 2016 Ashley Westra rated it it was ok
I consider myself a bit of a food snob and adventurous eater, but there were a couple of items that even I had to Google for clarification. Many recipes would require a trip to an Asian/Indian grocery or specialty store here in the US. I regularly go to them anyway, but many cooks looking for a fast meal won't go to the effort of driving across town. That said, everything in the book is fast to make with minimal ingredients per dish (i.e. cheaper too). Some recipes barely qualify as such, and th ...more
Lexington
I like some of the recipes, but I ended up giving the book a three for a few different reasons.

There is much more fish and seafood in the book than I expected. I don't really like fish that much, and some of the fish might be difficult to find depending on where you live. Actually, a number of ingredients might be difficult to find for some people, especially those living outside European countries.

Some recipes weren't really recipes. For example: blueberries with honey, almonds, and yogurt ...
Rachel
Nov 26, 2008 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am really impressed with this cookbook. I had browsed through it with my husband at the bookstore and we said it was a book we might want to get in the future. Now I am reading through it and a lot of what he is saying about making good food fast is really true. Plus they are recipes I would actually want to try.
Kimberly Ann
Feb 15, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it it was amazing
I'm pretty sure this is that really obnoxious, overbearing, screaming, hissy-fit, chef... I've not watched his show because I've only seen clips where he is screaming insults at someone "beneath" him. But this did not stop me from reading the cookbook.

From the inside front flap:

"Chuck out the frozen food and the take-out menus. Who better to show you how to cook real food, real fast and make it really tasty than Gordon Ramsay, three star chef and t.v. celebrity? Taking its inspiration from his
K
Dec 27, 2012 K rated it it was ok
The dark photos and strange layout were the major drawbacks for me. I like the concept of the book and had high hopes but this sort of feels like Gordon's dinner recipes jotted down on a dirty napkin. Interesting but distracting and hard to come back to.
Krystal Gooch
Dec 27, 2011 Krystal Gooch rated it really liked it
Again, Gordon shares elaborate, meaty dishes, but with a good message. He believes more meals should be enjoyed in the home. Also, I enjoyed his (rare) vegetarian chapter. The minestrone looks fantastic.
Domonic
Oct 17, 2010 Domonic rated it really liked it
Steak fajitas with guacomole, berry cheesecake, mushroom korma, salmon with olives and pesto ... all yum ... all fast and yum
Kristie Sanson
Sep 12, 2016 Kristie Sanson rated it it was amazing
I used this book a lot during culinary school to get simple recipes for course meals.
SouthWestZippy
Jan 18, 2016 SouthWestZippy rated it liked it
Nice layout. I found two recipes. I am a Ramsay fan but this was not a book for me.
Cory
Aug 24, 2016 Cory rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A few of the recipes I will try.
Apr 14, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of his better books.
Simon
Apr 04, 2011 Simon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 3
All I can say is, I want to make food and eat it too.
Gordon Ramsay is a brilliant chef when he isn't yelling at the next great one. He can be a superb family man and I only wish the mainstream media didn't crave his British profanity in public television. Yet, it is one of the things about him that makes him brilliant.

I love what this man has to say about food and finding the best quality. I only wish I was able to get my hands of fresh meats, eggs and the lot.
Caroline Mathews
Jun 22, 2012 Caroline Mathews rated it really liked it
Judge a cookbook by the number of the author's recipes that find their way into your personal repertoire. I've adapted several of these for my own use, and even better, the book is full of great tips to make cooking fast but healthy! Hence, four stars! Great pictures of Chef Ramsay if you're into that! I'm going to hang one in the car to remind me that "fast food is not grabbing a bite as you drive along, and anyway, Chef is watching you!"
Elizabeth Periale
Jan 18, 2014 Elizabeth Periale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Ramsay not only offers tips on how to stock your cupboard, but includes instructions in the back of the book for creating some basic stocks and sauces to use in his and other recipes. Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food is a great cookbook to give one ideas. It's one not just to enjoy flipping through, but I am sure to actually use. And I won't forget to season my food!"
Just_me
Nov 21, 2014 Just_me rated it it was ok
Shelves: cook-book, tv
Really didn't like the layout of this book, one minute the pages are 5 minute soups, then next a desert page etc. it's muddled and confusing.
The recipies are okay but the layout and trying to find my way around the book puts me off. Which is a shame because I have other Gordon Ramsay books that are fantastic and I love the F word show.
Cara
Oct 27, 2012 Cara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, cookbooks
This was okay, I was hoping for tastier recipes I'd actually want to make...and better pictures, the food pictures seemed dated and 70's-esque. There were a few recipes I'd probably make and a drink or two, but that's about it. I'll definitely look through his other books, though.
Mckinley
Jan 24, 2014 Mckinley rated it did not like it
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
I agree that one can cook tasty food quickly which is why I like a lot of R. Ray's cooking. However, I wasn't tempted by this set of recipes. And found many ingredients specialty items (quail eggs, smoked trout) which I don't stock! Plus I don't like the layout of the book.
April (The Steadfast Reader)
This is a gorgeous cookbook... I find the recipes to be maybe a bit above my level? Or maybe living in Texas I have no access to fresh fish which is required in MANY of the recipes along with some eccentric ingredients that I can't get in Wichita Falls = Hell
Let's be honest. I was <3 <3 <3 over this book for the hottie hot Gordon Ramsay. I love how the book presents meals, not just individual pieces. There are great photos, the recipes are easy to follow, just wish there were more in there.
MaryAnn McK
Jun 27, 2008 MaryAnn McK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i met gordon at a book signing he did in chicago a few months ago...he is way cuter in person than on tv...the book has some nice recipes that really look easy & quick to make...will be reaching for this book often.
Shivanand Velmurugan
What a really cool book. Very useful for beginners, as he explains how long to cook etc. If you want to cook like a chef, this is a good starting point. Avoid the Indian style cuisine (if you are Indian :) )
Zuzana Procházková
Jan 27, 2013 Zuzana Procházková rated it did not like it
I was expecting something waaay better. Recipes are not really tempting, pictures are dark, it just doesnt make you wanna cook, even though I returned many times to that book, giving it a chance :) ...more
Fullfaun
Jul 15, 2014 Fullfaun rated it it was amazing
love that he uses banana shallots
Alfajirikali
Jan 06, 2010 Alfajirikali rated it liked it
The layout of the book was graciously simple, the writing and instuctions engaging. Good recipes? Not so much.
Lisa
May 06, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
Only one recipe that I really want to try. Lots of good advice, but nothing I didn't know already!
Melanie Garrett
  • Martha Stewart's Healthy Quick Cook
  • Seasons
  • The Big Fat Duck Cookbook
  • Emeril's New New Orleans
  • Le Cordon Bleu's Complete Cooking Techniques: The Indispensable Reference Demonstates over 700 Illustrated Techniques with 2,000 Photos and 200 Recipes
  • My Sweet Mexico: Recipes for Authentic Pastries, Breads, Candies, Beverages, and Frozen Treats
  • Simple Chinese Cooking
  • The Country Cooking of Ireland
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • The Naked Chef Takes Off
  • The Improvisational Cook
  • Roots: The Definitive Compendium with more than 225 Recipes
  • The Dean and DeLuca Cookbook
  • Izakaya: The Japanese Pub Cookbook
Gordon James Ramsay, OBE, is a British chef, television personality and restaurateur. He has been awarded a total of 16 Michelin Stars, and in 2001 became one of only three chefs in the United Kingdom to hold three Michelin stars at one time. Ramsay currently ranks 3rd in the world in terms of Michelin Stars behind Joël Robuchon and Alain Ducasse.

Ramsay is known for presenting TV programmes about
More about Gordon Ramsay...