Seasons Under Heaven (Seasons #1)

Seasons Under Heaven (Seasons #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,303 ratings  ·  39 reviews
In Book One, four families living on a Southern cul-de-sac struggle to arrange for a heart transplant for a terminally ill nine-year-old.
Published August 5th 2001 by Zondervan (first published 1999)

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversMark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine RiversThe Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany TullisLeaper by Geoffrey  WoodThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  Wood
Christian Fiction Favorites
140th out of 298 books — 286 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Books I Can't Get Enough Of
422nd out of 527 books — 180 voters

More lists with this book...

Rhonda
This is the first book in the 4-book "Seasons" series. It centers around 4 families that live as neighbors in a cul-de-sac. While each family is in every book, each book focuses on one family and a particular struggle they are going through. These books are Christian fiction, and some of the best of that genre that I have read. I highly recommend the whole series.
Delinda Mauney
This books was really good. I had read several books in this series many years ago but missed this one somehow. I loved the series and the writings by Beverly LaHaye and Terri Blackstock.

The stories in this series are about a close knit neighborhood who all know each other and share family problems and are there to help each other out in all circumstances. This book is particularly about a family whose son becomes very ill and how the family pulled together and the neighborhood came to grips wi...more
Sherrie Rhodes
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. this series. I was hooked after reading book #1. Definitely a must read.
Rita
I have read the whole series. Easy reading and Inspirational.
niki
Great book, tissues needed for entire series.
Denise Mansfield
Enjoyed this book tremendously.
Suzan
Enjoyed this series.
Kim Washburn
Great books to read.
Louise
Wow, 2:20 A.M.!! and I've just finished this novel. I couldn't go to bed without finishing this vivid, thought provoking, real life story. The characters in this novel are just like you and me or our neighbours down the street. This novel proves what the power of prayer can do! I can't wait to get into the sequel of this novel in the morning!! :o)

From dust jacket:

Tory Sullivan struggles with the demands of motherhood and her desire for a career. An aspiring writer, she wonders whether she'll eve...more
Saskia
Een mooi geschreven christelijke roman wat erg makkelijk en vlot wegleest. In het begin had ik wel even moeite met alle personages die op me afkwamen. Buiten de 4 buurvrouwen en hun mannen heb je namelijk ook alle kinderen van hen die je leert kennen.

In dit boek gaat het over het zoontje van Brenda. Hij is ernstig ziek en heeft dringend een nieuw hart nodig. Mooi om te lezen hoe de gemeenschap alles op alles zetten om de ziektekosten voor Joseph bij elkaar te krijgen. Wel vond ik het boek erg ve...more
Mary Beth
An excellent read. Strong themes of friendship and the importance of being an organ donar. This the first in the series and I look forward to seeing how the four women who live on the cul-de-sac continue to stand by each other through thick and thin.

Cassie ♥
Wasn't my favorite. I really love Terri Blackstock, but this must have been one of her first.
Phyllis Raines
Loved all the books in the series.
Gwen
There are way too many characters in this book and they were not introduced well at all. The plot is a good one, but it is far to maudlin and unreal in places. The authors tried to combine the stories of all the characters, and to promote organ donation, all of which detracted from the main story about the child in need of a new heart. There was very little about the donor of the heart. Very disappointing.
Virginia Dyer
This is the first book in a quartet. All four books tell the stories of four friends and neighbors learn to trust God and each other as they each handle the challenges in their lives. Each of the books tell the story of a different family. All four books are well written contemporary Christian fiction. Each book was hard to put down once I began reading it. I highly recommend this series.
Carolyn E
I enjoyed this story despite the fact that the ending was certainly predictable. Any book written by both Beverly LaHaye and Terri Blackstock is guaranteed to be worth reading.
Saskia
Op zich is het een mooi verhaal wat inderdaad heel makkelijk leest maar ook naar mijn mening speelt het geloof en de kerk in dit boek een te grote rol. Op een gegeven moment ging ik me er echt aan irriteren, ik heb de overige delen ook al in huis (uit de bieb) maar ik weet eigenlijk niet of dat ik de overige delen nog wel wil lezen.
Kathy
Apr 23, 2014 Kathy added it
Very creative writer Beverly LaHaye. Her stories are spell bounding and easy to follow. I didn't want to stop once started. Am reading the sequel "Showers in Season".
Courtney Spears
I really liked this book and the whole series (4 in all)
It was kind of a "christain" appproach to desparate housewives. Looking into the lives of 4 women going through different stages of life and dealing with all sorts of common family issues.
Michelle
My review of Seasons Under Heaven

It was a very heartfelt Christian read. It kept me on my toes the whole time wondering what was going to happen next. It was a tear jerker at times, but it still was an excellent read.
Lisa conner
very good book! Start praying and dont give God limitations and u r very surprised to what GOd will and can do, Thought it spoke volumes of Sylivia just listen to Gods direction in her and husband life.WOW!!!
Elizabeth (etandksmom on TM's)
My friend handed me the first 3 of this series and demanded I read them. lol. So I'm reading book one right now. It's cute. It's taking me a bit to get in to them cause there are so many characters. But it's not bad.
Victoria Neely
This is by far the best series I have read... I would love to have the best friend relationships that these ladies have. They are there for each other through thick and thin. LOVE IT
Anita
I actually listened to this, but the listing has the authors name listed by her first name so I would not find it in the alphabetical listing!!!!

I'm guessing on the date.
Melissa
A wonderful series about friendship. I could so relate to this book because 2 of my dearest friends and their families live in my neighborhood, which is just one loop! READ THEM!
Debbie McMullin
This is just one of four in the series and all are fabulous to read. It is about four women who are neighbors and how they stand by each other through tough times. Great book.
Lisa
I enjoyed this story, particularly as it portrayed not only various women's relationships with God, but also those relationships with other women.
Mary
Really enjoyed. Look forward to reading more of the series. Feel like I could live on the cul-de-sac with these ladies and be good friends
Angela
I love this book because its one of those where, if you have a good enough imagination, you can act the story out in your mind.
Polly
I liked it very much and read the next two books that follow this one!
  • Blind Trust (Second Chances, #3)
Showers in Season (Seasons, #2) Season of Blessing (Seasons, #4) Times and Seasons (Seasons, #3) Spirit Controlled Woman The New Spirit-Controlled Woman