Start by marking “Seasons Under Heaven (Seasons #1)” as Want to Read:
Seasons Under Heaven (Seasons #1)

Seasons Under Heaven (Seasons #1)

4.26  ·  Rating Details ·  1,964 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
What does a child’s life-threatening illness cost the neighbors of Cedar Circle? What joys can be hidden in life’s greatest tragedies? Behind brightly lit windows and on front porches, marriages are tested and mended, hearts broken, hopes resurrected, dreams released and reformed, values and futures shaped, and faith rekindled . . . or found for the first time. Taking the ...more
Published August 5th 2001 by Zondervan (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Seasons Under Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons Under Heaven

Aug 25, 2016 Rhonda rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the 4-book "Seasons" series. It centers around 4 families that live as neighbors in a cul-de-sac. While each family is in every book, each book focuses on one family and a particular struggle they are going through. These books are Christian fiction, and some of the best of that genre that I have read. I highly recommend the whole series.
Delinda Mauney
May 13, 2014 Delinda Mauney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books was really good. I had read several books in this series many years ago but missed this one somehow. I loved the series and the writings by Beverly LaHaye and Terri Blackstock.

The stories in this series are about a close knit neighborhood who all know each other and share family problems and are there to help each other out in all circumstances. This book is particularly about a family whose son becomes very ill and how the family pulled together and the neighborhood came to grips wi
Sherrie Rhodes
Apr 21, 2013 Sherrie Rhodes rated it it was amazing
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. this series. I was hooked after reading book #1. Definitely a must read.
Dec 11, 2012 Rita rated it really liked it
I have read the whole series. Easy reading and Inspirational.
Jul 20, 2015 Pauline rated it really liked it
We all are in one season of life or another or passing from one to the next. This book explores a neighborhood full of different seasons. The book provided not only a good story but something to think about. Although at times it got pretty "preachy" there was truth brought out. The tragedy of a severely ill child was the unifying situation around which all the issues hung. It's true such trials make us face things we've tried to ignore or places where we need to grow.) Good message for everyone ...more
May 03, 2013 niki rated it it was amazing
Great book, tissues needed for entire series.
Denise Mansfield
Nov 30, 2012 Denise Mansfield rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book tremendously.
Cathy Cramer
I enjoyed the conversations in this book, and thought it was funny that each of the four women envied the others their situation in life, not knowing the truths in those lives, and not looking for contentment in their own lives. The single lady envied the married moms and vice versa. The woman who wanted time away from her kids envied the mom with grown kids and vice versa. Most of the characters were well done, interesting people to get to "know," but the "perfect" mom felt a little stilted to ...more
Mar 13, 2013 Suzan rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this series.
Kim Washburn
Dec 09, 2012 Kim Washburn rated it it was amazing
Great books to read.
Oct 15, 2016 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chris by: JG
From dust jacket:

Tory Sullivan struggles with the demands of motherhood and her desire for a career. An aspiring writer, she wonders whether she'll ever be able to develop her talent while raising two young children. But perhaps the problem isn't a matter of time, but of Tory. (view spoiler)
Apr 04, 2009 Louise rated it it was amazing
Wow, 2:20 A.M.!! and I've just finished this novel. I couldn't go to bed without finishing this vivid, thought provoking, real life story. The characters in this novel are just like you and me or our neighbours down the street. This novel proves what the power of prayer can do! I can't wait to get into the sequel of this novel in the morning!! :o)

From dust jacket:

May 21, 2012 Saskia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Een mooi geschreven christelijke roman wat erg makkelijk en vlot wegleest. In het begin had ik wel even moeite met alle personages die op me afkwamen. Buiten de 4 buurvrouwen en hun mannen heb je namelijk ook alle kinderen van hen die je leert kennen.

In dit boek gaat het over het zoontje van Brenda. Hij is ernstig ziek en heeft dringend een nieuw hart nodig. Mooi om te lezen hoe de gemeenschap alles op alles zetten om de ziektekosten voor Joseph bij elkaar te krijgen. Wel vond ik het boek erg ve
Jun 21, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book again. The neighbors are all friends and although they all struggle with their own family issues; they still reach out to help others through tough issues. In this book, a child is diagnosed with a life-threatening heart problem that will only take a miracle before time runs out.
Mary Beth
Mar 30, 2014 Mary Beth rated it really liked it
An excellent read. Strong themes of friendship and the importance of being an organ donar. This the first in the series and I look forward to seeing how the four women who live on the cul-de-sac continue to stand by each other through thick and thin.

Feb 10, 2015 Nadine rated it really liked it
Four women each struggle with what is going on in this particular season of their life. The characters and their thoughts and struggles seem very real. it's a Christian novel, so there is no bad language nor sex.
Feb 04, 2015 Juleen rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Christian fiction! I felt connected to the four main characters and couldn't put the book down.
Cassie ♥
Feb 13, 2014 Cassie ♥ rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2014
Wasn't my favorite. I really love Terri Blackstock, but this must have been one of her first.
Phyllis Raines
Jul 22, 2014 Phyllis Raines rated it it was amazing
Loved all the books in the series.
Linda Doran
Aug 26, 2014 Linda Doran rated it it was amazing
A great series
Sue Klasing
Inspirational, heartwarming story. This story explains very much how I felt going through my cancer, it was a blessing that taught me things I couldn't have learned any other way. Lord, please help me to never forget.
Apr 20, 2008 Gwen rated it did not like it
There are way too many characters in this book and they were not introduced well at all. The plot is a good one, but it is far to maudlin and unreal in places. The authors tried to combine the stories of all the characters, and to promote organ donation, all of which detracted from the main story about the child in need of a new heart. There was very little about the donor of the heart. Very disappointing.
Virginia Dyer
Sep 30, 2012 Virginia Dyer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This is the first book in a quartet. All four books tell the stories of four friends and neighbors learn to trust God and each other as they each handle the challenges in their lives. Each of the books tell the story of a different family. All four books are well written contemporary Christian fiction. Each book was hard to put down once I began reading it. I highly recommend this series.
Carolyn E
Oct 20, 2013 Carolyn E rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story despite the fact that the ending was certainly predictable. Any book written by both Beverly LaHaye and Terri Blackstock is guaranteed to be worth reading.
May 21, 2012 Saskia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Op zich is het een mooi verhaal wat inderdaad heel makkelijk leest maar ook naar mijn mening speelt het geloof en de kerk in dit boek een te grote rol. Op een gegeven moment ging ik me er echt aan irriteren, ik heb de overige delen ook al in huis (uit de bieb) maar ik weet eigenlijk niet of dat ik de overige delen nog wel wil lezen.
Apr 23, 2014 Kathy added it
Very creative writer Beverly LaHaye. Her stories are spell bounding and easy to follow. I didn't want to stop once started. Am reading the sequel "Showers in Season".
Courtney Spears
Jan 28, 2008 Courtney Spears rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and the whole series (4 in all)
It was kind of a "christain" appproach to desparate housewives. Looking into the lives of 4 women going through different stages of life and dealing with all sorts of common family issues.
Tara Harrison
Jul 14, 2015 Tara Harrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually read Christian Fiction because frankly they can get a little too sappy for my taste but I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't suspenseful or anything but I couldn't put it down. I even shed a few tears. Good book.
My review of Seasons Under Heaven

It was a very heartfelt Christian read. It kept me on my toes the whole time wondering what was going to happen next. It was a tear jerker at times, but it still was an excellent read.
Lisa conner
very good book! Start praying and dont give God limitations and u r very surprised to what GOd will and can do, Thought it spoke volumes of Sylivia just listen to Gods direction in her and husband life.WOW!!!
  • Blind Trust (Second Chances, #3)

Seasons (4 books)
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • Times and Seasons (Seasons, #3)
  • Season of Blessing (Seasons, #4)