Start by marking “Libby Langdon's Small Space Solutions: Secrets for Making Any Room Look Elegant and Feel Spacious on Any Budget” as Want to Read:

Armed with a bit of basic design knowledge and a few of Libby’s tricks of the trade, any small-space dweller can learn how to create gracious, inviting small-space homes that are also functional to a tee.
Published February 24th 2009 by Knack

To ask other readers questions about Libby Langdon's Small Space Solutions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Libby Langdon's Small Space Solutions

Heidi
Nov 20, 2014 Heidi rated it did not like it
That was...weird.

I mean, I'm just going to be a bit of a hater here: I can only take so many curlique font headers. What is going on with these design books and the cutesy headers?! I just wanted something concrete, factual...

I'm realizing as I type this that what I'm looking for and the basic idea of interior design maaaaay be mutually exclusive. I wanted a textbook. A clear how-to. Step 1 Step 2 Step 3. Science, some psychology studies thrown in there. A very detailed tutorial on how exactly o
Carol Mann Agency
“Whatever Libby Langdon takes on, whether it be designing a New York City restaurant or decorating a Hampton’s hideaway, you know the end result is going to be done with style. This instructive book is no exception.” —Bobby Flay

"Libby Langdon's book is absolutely packed with solutions for small-space living, from high-end custom designs to clever and affordable ideas for every budget." —Susan Victoria, Senior Editor, Architecture and Design, Metropolitan Home

“We appreciate any woman who makes sm
Catherine
Jan 03, 2015 Catherine rated it liked it
Shelves: design
The book was published in 2009 and I read it in 2015. While the majority of the advice has stood the test of time, a fair number of the pictures seem dated. If you are looking for technical advice on furniture arranging, this is well worth reading. Her advice on how to measure your room and furniture and transfer it to graph paper is very useful. The a number of the pictures are still relevant, however not all of them will inspire you.

I would be interested in reading a book that is newely publis
Cindy
Sep 08, 2010 Cindy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: apartment and condo dwellers
Lots of ideas I'd never even heard of before. I was so tired of flipping through design books only to find ideas that wouldn't work in the space we had or in an apartment where you can't paint the walls.
hannah
Jun 05, 2011 hannah rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-design-style
I really did read this from cover to cover, in order to prep for my tiny Boston studio. This was only so helpful, as it was for small rooms in small houses, not tiny, cardboard box-sized studio apartments, and it required lots of money and drilling. But it gave some good ideas.
Serina
Jan 12, 2014 Serina rated it it was amazing
What an amazing woman; has some fabulous, economic, cool, brilliant solutions for space concerns. Shows you how to use color in an intelligent way. Uses techniques that I have not found in other designing books. Very unique and I would highly recommend this book!
Allison
May 27, 2009 Allison rated it it was amazing
Great book for design. Lots of fantastic ideas. Perfectly written for those of us who do not own a McMansion.
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2009
Jackie Shanti
Jackie Shanti rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2010
Kiki von Cougar
Kiki von Cougar rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Holly
Sep 03, 2012 Holly rated it liked it
Some really nice ideas for managing clutter & making small spaces seem larger.
Portiadolores
Portiadolores rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2015
Madelyn Griffith-haynie
Madelyn Griffith-haynie rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2013
Abby
Abby rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
Dru MacPherson
Dru MacPherson rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Marcia Pottenger
Marcia Pottenger rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
karen vasconi
karen vasconi rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2014
Trish
Feb 05, 2012 Trish rated it liked it
This book was okay. I didn't really feel it helped me with my small space.
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2009
Caitlyn
Caitlyn rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Tensy MB
Tensy MB rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2009
Josie
Josie rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2010
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2010
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Barbie
Barbie rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2011
Adrianne
Adrianne rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2009
Connie Powell
Connie Powell rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Bo lalalala
Bo lalalala rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2016