Start by marking “Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 1

Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 1 (Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure! #1)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,099 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Hareta, raised in the wild by Pokmon, decides to become a Pokmon trainer and sets out to find the legendary Pokmon Dialga, but time is of the essence as he must find it before the evil Team Galactic does. ...more
Published December 16th 2008 by Paw Prints (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Pokémon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pokémon

Pokémon Mytery Dungeon by Makoto MizobuchiPokémon by Shigekatsu IharaPokemon Mini-Sticker Book by Press PikachuPokemon Mini-Sticker Book by Press PikachuSinnoh Heroes by Scholastic Inc.
Pokemon books
2nd out of 72 books — 8 voters
Thea Stilton and the Cherry Blossom Adventure by Thea StiltonSugar Sugar Rune, Volume 1 by Moyoco AnnoCactus's Secret, Vol. 01 by Nana HarutaYotsuba&!, Vol. 01 by Kiyohiko AzumaPeach Fuzz Volume 1 by Jared Hodges
Comics and Kids Books
8th out of 22 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Kevin MudWing
Feb 08, 2013 Kevin MudWing rated it it was amazing
Hareta is awesome!!! He's a kid who was raised by pokemon as a kid who now embarks on a journey. He starts with Piplup and after some getting used to, they become best friends. Along with him is the Professor Rowan's assistant, Mitsumi. Hareta's goal is to find the legend Dialga. Hareta meets Team Galactic in Jubilife City, they take him to the mines in Orebough City where he is rescued by gym leader Roark. Hareta and Roark then have a gym battle. (Note: many methods in this story do not work in ...more
Andrush
Jan 25, 2016 Andrush rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pokemon diamond and Pearl Adventures 1

If you didn't know what is Pokemon. Well will tell you it.Pokemon was an idea of catching bugs in the wild and then it was developed to catch creatures in poke balls go around a Pokemon region collect six gym badges beat the elite four and the main goal catch them all.This is one of the biggest franchises ever it had a tv show and a lot more.This book is based of a tv show based of a game based on a bug catching concept.This book takes on the 4th generation
Paul
Oct 09, 2015 Paul rated it it was amazing
These books are great for everyone because it has comedy, a lot of pictures, and not to hard words!
Mileena
Sep 04, 2015 Mileena rated it it was amazing
Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl
5/5
Okay let me just get this out of the way. I Love Love Love Piplup! He is the cutest little thing man. He's just an angry adorable little penguin like Gunter from Adventure Time. Hareta is such a cutie and I love how he never let's anything get him down and I love his connection to the Pokémon after living amongst them like Tarzan.

This, unlike a lot of manga that I've read before, didn't have a single part that confused me, which I loved!

Hareta's other Pokémon are a
Tomek
Apr 12, 2016 Tomek rated it really liked it
I believe this was a unique manga series, though in my opinion not as great as the adventures interpretation. Throughout the series, the characters are given rather unique backstories (this dawn has a shocking backstory that influences team Galactic's plans). Besides that there is a grunt with a wiggling bubble on his rear end, and that should make you give this a try.
Roberto
Nov 08, 2015 Roberto rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pokemon
I really liked it. I think that is was a little creepy at times and I would end up reading the same page twice because the book is backwards.(for us in the USA). It was a little bit weird because they included a TON of pokemon from Kanto,jhoto,hoenn and of course sinnoh!
Jim
Feb 16, 2011 Jim rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Japanese Manga. Hareta is a boy w/the ability to really bond w/Pokemon, weird creatures w/strange powers, and goes off in search of the legendary time controlling Pokemon Dialga. Along the way he must battle various gym (area/province) leaders and capture their Pokemon and fight off the evil Team Galactic which torture Pokemon. Hareta has the v. prideful Pokemon, Piplup, at his side and a young woman, Mitsumi, to slow him down and help think things through.

i'm confused, think iunderstand the sto
KZ
Sep 19, 2014 KZ rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, manga
This short series was actually surprisingly cute. Pokemon manga is not exactly the cream of the crop when it comes to manga so I was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable and sometimes funny this one is. Recommended for children or pokemaniacs who aren't too picky.
Kee-Andre Cuthbert
Mar 27, 2015 Kee-Andre Cuthbert rated it really liked it
i think the story started out well i was very suprised to find out that Hareta was raised in the wild by pokemon
which would make him the ultimate pokemon trainer in my opinion
Pinkie Plum
Dec 20, 2014 Pinkie Plum rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pokemon
I liked this book very much!! Especially by me being a big fan of pokemon,it's pretty obvious I would like it.I can't wait to read more of this series!!
Chris Pfeiffer
Dec 15, 2014 Chris Pfeiffer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I enjoyed this manga more than the original series. This one had almost a dragon ball feeling to it and I loved it. Awesome manga.
Nash Bandong
May 15, 2014 Nash Bandong rated it really liked it
THIS IS TOO CUTE. YOU ALL HAVE TO READ THIS.
DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEHEHE EPIPLUP.
PIPLUP
PIPLUP
PIPLUP!!!
Brian Le
It is an awesome and funny even the part when the main character act like a tarzan
John Fowowe
This book was very funny it made me laugh my pants off!
Ming
Sep 26, 2014 Ming rated it it was amazing
It was funny and touching.

Rating: 8.8/10
Pokémon. Diamond and Pearl adventure! Volume 8
Shadowjac
Dec 02, 2015 Shadowjac rated it did not like it
Shelves: shonen
I thought this was a part of Pokémon Adventures, Vol. 1 I couldn't be more wrong. While Pokémon adventures is a fun all age series this was pretty juvenile. The art in this series is lacking as well.
Jay
Feb 24, 2011 Jay rated it liked it
My son asked me for weeks to read this. "It's very funny." I finally struggled with the mechanics of reading a manga and found... he was right. If you know anything about Pokemon, this book is really funny. Worth learning reading from right to left. I'll probably read the next couple in the series.
Ms.
May 19, 2009 Ms. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alex
Shelves: josiah-s

This book is about a boy named heareta. It all started when hareta lived in the jungle alone so his grandfather decided to make haerta a pokemon trainer. So his grandfathers assistant had to come with to show him how things work. I like this book.
Timothy807
Wow this is suck a good book 4 pokemon lovers so i am not alll a pokemon lover so yeahh but u should read it this book tells alot about the series than the show
Bonita
Jan 24, 2009 Bonita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a funny book.MITSUMI ROCKS AND JUN AND HARETA ARE WEIRDOS!!!!!!!!!!!I <3 Pokemon ^_^
Fondue
Ok this was insane wow Hareta.....o_o MitsumiXJun roxs if I only knew the shipping name o_o
taz/ matthew
Apr 25, 2008 taz/ matthew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hunter,renan,nicol,christopher(in beacin),me
Recommended to taz/ matthew by: proubley renan
hareta looks like a true tarzan in the book only its pokemon not animals
Lilia
Feb 02, 2013 Lilia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pokemon
I loved it because there was a pokèmon penguin.
GRPLTeens Grand Rapids Public Library
Entire seriese is amazing! Art is beautiful!
yuki amasawa
it was funnny
  • Pokémon Mytery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team
  • The Best of Pokémon Adventures: Yellow
  • Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai

Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure! (8 books)
  • Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 2