X-Factor, Vol. 5: The Only Game In Town

X-Factor, Vol. 5: The Only Game In Town (X-Factor vol. III #5)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  263 ratings  ·  9 reviews
X-Factor Investigations is in shambles. Jamie is a basketcase from his trip to a nightmarish future, Layla's fate is completely in the air, and Wolfsbane has to leave the team to join X-Force, though none of her friends can know about it. What will Wolfsbane tell the X-Factor team?
Published December 31st 2008 by Marvel (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about X-Factor, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Factor, Vol. 5

Federiken Masters
Apr 18, 2014 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos
Recommended to Federiken by: Autor y serie
Lo tengo en la edición de Panini (#s 25 al 28) desde hace rato, pero recién me lo leí cuando me prestaron Complejo de Mesías. Como sea, me pone contento tener otro tomo de X-Factor sumando revistitas. La saga me gustó bastante pero Arcade, el gran villano, me parece insoportable, así que lo uso como excusa para poner el tomo un poco por debajo de otros de la serie. Como también me leí el one-shot de Layla Miller (#29 español) que me gustó mucho, podría haberlo promediado para arriba. Pero como v...more
Kenny
The first 80% of the books follows XF Investigations as they try to find the villains of the story, and saving the lives of the people living in their city, Mutantown as charges of bombs on almost all locations go off simultaneously due to an ingenious set up by one of the villains. The last 20% of the story is a stand alone story featuring Pietro Maximoff a.k.a. Quicksilver.

As good as the X-Factor team story is written, the Quicksilver story showcases Peter David's genius in writing a solo cha...more
Rachael
I'm sick in bed so I'm powering through these books. Peter David does a great job of following up on the stuff that went down during the X-Men crossover Messiah complex, including having the characters think and talk about the plots that aren't yet resolved and moving along some plots we've been waiting for. Classic snappy dialogue. Could have used more Layla Miller (yes, she's creepy, but interesting stuff happens when she's around).
Lord
Arcade? Really? I take it as a 80th X-Men tribute and I for sure don't considering one of the more interesting chapters in X-Factor history. But then Peter David is still a good writer and X-Factor is still better tan the main X-Men series.
Matt
Probably my least favorite X-Factot story, mostly because I usually have problems with stories of groups disintegrating until they face something that's too big for them on their own. It always strikes me as a little tone-deaf.
Angela
This is worth it for th Quicksilver story. The rest is an interesting look at how a team survives that has X in the title when the xmen are no more.
Jacobi
I would give this 2.5 stars, but I'll settle on 3 because I liked this more than I didn't.
Shannon Appelcline
Great characters & a story that continues to be good.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Bessie
Bessie added it
Aug 20, 2014
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Timothy Villa
Timothy Villa marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Elodie
Elodie added it
Jun 01, 2014
  • Second Coming Revelations
  • Uncanny X-Men: Divided We Stand
  • Uncanny X-Men: Nation X
  • Young Avengers (Hardcover)
  • X-Force, Vol. 2: Old Ghosts
  • The New Avengers, Vol. 12: Powerloss
  • Wolverine and the X-Men, Vol. 2
  • X-Men: Age of X
  • Uncanny X-Men By Kieron Gillen, Volume 1
  • Cable, Vol. 1: Messiah War
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo...more
More about Peter David...
The Dark Tower, Volume 1: The Gunslinger Born Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation) Q-Squared Q-In-Law (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #18) X-Factor: The Longest Night