What Happens in Vegas... After Dark

What Happens in Vegas... After Dark

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  482 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Las Vegas…it's the town that lives up to the promise of its nickname, Sin City. A gambler's paradise for innocent tourists, it conceals a darker, sexual world where the ethereal and wraithlike meet to play a different game…

If there's one thing succubus Deitre understands it's revenge. That, and enticing men into arousing, exciting and, okay, perilous sex...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Spice

To ask other readers questions about What Happens in Vegas... After Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Happens in Vegas... After Dark

Jackie (Literary Escapism)
Overall, What Happens in Vegas…After Dark was a pretty good collection of stories. There were a few that kept my attention better than some, but you’re going to get that with any anthology collection. The one thing I did like about it as a whole was that each story involved characters we were introduced to in What Happens in Vegas. If you’re looking for a few quick erotic reads, definitely pick up this collection.

To read my full review, click here.
Kimberly
I missed the first book as I just recently started reading Lauren Dane.Lauren Dane

I always worry a little bit about anthologies because they can be hit and miss based on the authors included. However, this book was a total HIT. Each of the stories can be read as a stand alone, and in Ms. Dane's book, a continuation of the story from "What Happens in Vegas" is a complete story on its own.

Nell was a strong heroine, which I really appreciate, and did not take much crap from the hero William, who h...more
Stephanie

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS...AFTER DARK: HOT FOR REVENGE\THE PROMISE\SENSUAL MAGIC\DIVINE DESIRES

Original post: FANGS, WANDS & FAIRY DUST June 14, 2012

Jodi Lynn Copeland, Anya Bast, Lauren Dane, Kit Tunstall
Published by Harlequin Spice
On sale date: May 1, 2009 (as paperback)
E-Book publication date: May 15, 2012
Category: Erotic Fiction
Purchased

File size at Harlequin: 382 KB on Amazon Kindle Ed. 509 KB
Paperback: 432 pages

Las Vegas...it's the town that lives up to the promise of its nickname, Sin
Leah
The book as a whole only rates 3 stars. Certain parts were definitely better than others.

Hot for Revenge by Jodi Lynn Copeland this one rates 4 stars on its own
For a short this one was very entertaining and had a decent story line given the shortness. The characters were s little but wild but when the lead female is a succubus that is to be expected. Well that and lots of sex. This story gave me such high hopes for the rest of the book. Unfortunately not all the others measured up as well.

Sen...more
Ashley
Four short stories all set in Vegas, where at least one of the leads in each is some sort of paranormal being - demon, witch, warlock, vampire, fae. All suffer from a lack of fully developed plot, but I fully understand that plot isn't the driving motivation behind these stories. I liked the mysterious nightclub on the strip that plays a role in all the stories, only those with paranormal blood can see it. My favorite story by far was the last one by Anya Bast, about a fae princess and her heart...more
Sheila
Not bad, it was just ok for me.
Kathy Davie
Sep 19, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: nobody; wait, English lit as an example of what not to do
Jodi Lynn Copeland's Hot for Revenge set the pace for the entire collection...lame, obvious, and written in the shallows.

Lauren Dane's Sensual Magic was the best of the four...that's the best I can say.

Kit Tunstall's Divine Desires' only claim to interest is as another take on vampire life.

Anya Bast's Promise was lame...eye-rollingly lame.
Shannon
Once again Lauren Dane is really only good thing about this book. Jodi Lynn Copelands story was ok better than in the first book. at least I could get through it. Kit Tunstalls story was not good it in no way tied into the previous book. Anya Basts story was eh. It was interesting to get Damiens side of the story.
Lelyana Taufik
Kumpulan cerita tentang mahluk-mahluk gaib yang cukup menarik, terutama Anya Bast yg ekspert soal ini...hm, standar deh, jadi ga perlu review ...
Trish
Feb 18, 2011 Trish rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I really enjoyed this book, had a little trouble getting through the very first story and was hoping that the rest were better and I was pleasantly surprised. Really intense, fast romance with some very hot steamy sex. Over all a nice read!
Karen
I had read the contemporary series counterparts for a couple of the books, and was surprised to recognise familiar characters and locations. The paranormal aspects were a bit surprising but enjoyable nonetheless. Overall good reads.
Noor
Hot for revenge, By Jodi Lynn Copeland - 3 STARS
Sensual Magic, By Lauren Dane - 4 STARS
Divine Desires, By kit Tunstall - 3 STARS
The promise, By Anya Bast - 4 STARS

Mary
I only read Sensual Magic by Lauren Dane. Great story. Very nice intro to the Bound by Magick series. I just wish I had read it prior to Heart of Darkness. :)
Elizabeth Caran
Jun 20, 2010 Elizabeth Caran marked it as to-read
Shelves: gave-up-reading
I read about half of the first story, then just kept passing over the book to read other thing. Maybe one day... but not for me at the moment.
Joice
A giant lack of creativity. I honestly expected more than D-grade smut.
Elizabeth
Nell and Williams was my favorite story from all three.
K
Great book by an amazing author. highly recommend.
Makayla
I think I want to read it seems good so far
Shelley
Sensual Magic by Lauren Dane - 3.5 stars
Wendy
"Sensual Magic" by Lauren Dane
Claire
Claire added it
Sep 09, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Elaine M
Elaine M marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
kit briones
kit briones marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Mandy saial
Mandy saial marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • The Hard Stuff
  • Legendary Tails II
  • A Change of Seasons (Seasons of Pleasure, #5)
  • Men On Fire
  • Naughty Bits
  • Damned, Delicious, and Dangerous
  • Secrets: Volume 11
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Tales from the Temple III (Shikar)
  • The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance
  • No Reservations (Kate & Leah, #2)
  • Exclusive
  • The Phantom Queen Awakes
  • Skin on Skin
  • Midnight Cravings
  • Hearts Are Wild (Wild, #5)
  • Reading Between the Lines
  • Under the Boardwalk: A Dazzling Collection of All New Summertime Love Stories
  • Fairy Tale Lust: Erotic Fantasies for Women
Jodi Lynn Copeland lives with her husband and two children minutes from Michigan’s state capital. She learned early on that family and friends and love and laughter are the most important ingredients in happiness. While attending Central Michigan University, she discovered her love for writing and that those same ingredients blend for the perfect romance. Over the years and across the genres, Jodi...more
More about Jodi Lynn Copeland...
What Happens In Vegas...: Hot For You\Stripped\Red-Handed\The Deal Handyman Body Moves Operation G-Spot After Hours