Start by marking “A-Muse-Ing” as Want to Read:
A-Muse-Ing

A-Muse-Ing

Harper's an uptight, writer's-blocked storyteller working on an impossible deadline, who needs some inspiration and some zest in his life before he implodes. He desperately needs some personal attention and the TLC of a muse. Lucky for him, he finds one. In his kitchen. Naked and energetic, and hungry to be used - in every way possible.

It takes a little doing, but the muse
Published November 4th 2008 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about A-Muse-Ing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A-Muse-Ing

Jenre
Aug 12, 2009 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, romance
This was an impulse buy for me. I was attracted to the title - not the cover for a change - and then discovered it was a comedy. I haven't read a romantic comedy in ages, so I thought I'd give it a go, even though I knew nothing about the author.

I felt this was a book in thirds. The first and last third were great, really enjoyable, but the middle third was a bit dull for reasons I shall come onto later.

The book begins with our hero, Harper, waking up on his computer keyboard. He's a scriptwrite
Elisa Rolle
As the title says, this is a very "amusing" book. The expedient of the artist's muse who unexpectedly appears in front of his owner it's not new, and new isn't either the fact that the muse and the artist fall in love... the novelty is that the tale is a funny one, and not the usual fated sad ending one. This is the double faced side of Willa Okati's works: she can write very angst tales (A Year and a Day, for example), but also iper funny romps (like Strange Places).

Harper writes script for tel
Caer
Jun 10, 2015 Caer rated it it was amazing
I cannot possibly overstate how much I adore this book. I have read it so often that, if it weren't an ebook, it would have no covers anymore. It is in my Top 5 Books of All Time. Considering how much I read, that's HUGE. So I thought I'd finally get around to posting a review of it.

Harper writes for a television show, and he's so stressed out that his writer's block is EPIC. So epic that his inner muse is made corporeal to help him out.

Rory, his muse, helps Harper relax. Then he helps Harper
K. Piet
Sep 16, 2010 K. Piet rated it it was amazing
Recommended to K. by: S.L. Armstrong
By far one of my favourite M/M erotic romance ebooks! It happens to be the first one I read, at the insistence of a friend, and I've been hooked ever since and writing my own fiction, just hoping I'll affect someone with my book the way this one affected me. Next time I re-read it, I'll write a more thorough review. Promise.
Lillian Francis
Aug 25, 2016 Lillian Francis rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this story of a writer and his muse. Funny but also sad in places as befits a tale of impossible love.
As an early example of the genre this books was chock full of sex, maybe too much for me but it was all sexy.
Will Parkinson
Nov 27, 2012 Will Parkinson rated it it was amazing
I read this book long before I joined Goodreads and absolutely loved it. The interplay between Rory and Harper was funny, sad, loving. It made for a great story. To this day it remains very high on my favorites list.
MT
Oct 07, 2010 MT marked it as to-read
I haven't read A-Muse-Ing yet, although I've planned to do so for some time. It has one of the best hooks I've ever read, starting with: QWERTYUIOP?
Yuki
Feb 11, 2014 Yuki rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, read-2014
I started this book and I suddenly noticed it was a comedy-romance. Well, what the hell, I even laughed here and there. But it's nothing more than funny, quick read.
3 stars
Alec
Nov 16, 2011 Alec rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, laughs
Snappy, smart writing here and a lot of reasons to laugh along with an impossible-made-possible love story. Highly recommended.
Sandi Weller
Sandi Weller rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Janean
Janean rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2010
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2011
Pwnn
Pwnn rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Mary Tillman
Mary Tillman rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2011
Kris
Kris rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2009
Lily
Lily rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2009
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
May 18, 2011
Mandy Anne
Mandy Anne rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2010
Wren
Wren rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2009
Emilie
Emilie rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2010
Venecia
Venecia rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Alarik
Alarik rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2010
itmfiddler
itmfiddler rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
Sylvie
Sylvie rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2011
Debbie ♪ ♫ ‼ ♫ ♪
Debbie ♪ ♫ ‼ ♫ ♪ rated it really liked it
May 16, 2011
Kyattchan
Kyattchan rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
Tamarrion Lash
Tamarrion Lash rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2010
Kelgar01
Kelgar01 rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2009
J.i.c
J.i.c rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Elf and Shoemaker
  • The Red Thread of Forever Love
  • Miles and the Magic Flute
  • A Brush of Wings
  • A Summit City Christmas (Summit City, #2.5)
  • The Duke's Husband
  • Shadow Hunt
  • Seti's Heart
  • Scrambling
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Between a Rock and a Hard Place
  • Falling (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #2)
  • Why Straight Women Love Gay Romance
  • The Psychic's Tale (Fitzwarren Inheritance #1)
  • The Darkling Thrush
  • Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers, #1)
  • To Hate and To Hold  (Anaboris Clan, #1)
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
A multi-published author of GLBT erotic, romantic fiction since 2004, I love trying new things -- I have 1001 crazy ideas and want to write them all! I exist primarily on caffeine and pixels, take “camera shy” to a whole new level, and persist in trying to learn the pennywhistle despite being woefully tone-deaf. During the summer, I’m a wild woman with henna.

You can find me on the web here, at my
More about Willa Okati...