Start by marking “A-Muse-Ing” as Want to Read:
A-Muse-Ing

A-Muse-Ing

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Harper's an uptight, writer's-blocked storyteller working on an impossible deadline, who needs some inspiration and some zest in his life before he implodes. He desperately needs some personal attention and the TLC of a muse. Lucky for him, he finds one. In his kitchen. Naked and energetic, and hungry to be used - in every way possible.

It takes a little doing, but the muse
Published November 4th 2008 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about A-Muse-Ing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A-Muse-Ing

Jenre
This was an impulse buy for me. I was attracted to the title - not the cover for a change - and then discovered it was a comedy. I haven't read a romantic comedy in ages, so I thought I'd give it a go, even though I knew nothing about the author.

I felt this was a book in thirds. The first and last third were great, really enjoyable, but the middle third was a bit dull for reasons I shall come onto later.

The book begins with our hero, Harper, waking up on his computer keyboard. He's a scriptwrite
Elisa Rolle
As the title says, this is a very "amusing" book. The expedient of the artist's muse who unexpectedly appears in front of his owner it's not new, and new isn't either the fact that the muse and the artist fall in love... the novelty is that the tale is a funny one, and not the usual fated sad ending one. This is the double faced side of Willa Okati's works: she can write very angst tales (A Year and a Day, for example), but also iper funny romps (like Strange Places).

Harper writes script for tel
Caer
I cannot possibly overstate how much I adore this book. I have read it so often that, if it weren't an ebook, it would have no covers anymore. It is in my Top 5 Books of All Time. Considering how much I read, that's HUGE. So I thought I'd finally get around to posting a review of it.

Harper writes for a television show, and he's so stressed out that his writer's block is EPIC. So epic that his inner muse is made corporeal to help him out.

Rory, his muse, helps Harper relax. Then he helps Harper
Yuki
I started this book and I suddenly noticed it was a comedy-romance. Well, what the hell, I even laughed here and there. But it's nothing more than funny, quick read.
3 stars
K. Piet
Sep 16, 2010 K. Piet rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to K. by: S.L. Armstrong
By far one of my favourite M/M erotic romance ebooks! It happens to be the first one I read, at the insistence of a friend, and I've been hooked ever since and writing my own fiction, just hoping I'll affect someone with my book the way this one affected me. Next time I re-read it, I'll write a more thorough review. Promise.
Will Parkinson
I read this book long before I joined Goodreads and absolutely loved it. The interplay between Rory and Harper was funny, sad, loving. It made for a great story. To this day it remains very high on my favorites list.
MT
Oct 07, 2010 MT marked it as to-read
I haven't read A-Muse-Ing yet, although I've planned to do so for some time. It has one of the best hooks I've ever read, starting with: QWERTYUIOP?
Alec
Snappy, smart writing here and a lot of reasons to laugh along with an impossible-made-possible love story. Highly recommended.
Caitlyn
Very clever and a fun read.
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Jennifer R
Jennifer R marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
SH65
SH65 marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Ja-paige
Ja-paige marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
  • The Elf and Shoemaker
  • Miles and the Magic Flute
  • The Red Thread of Forever Love
  • A Brush of Wings
  • A Summit City Christmas (Sno Ho, #2.5)
  • The Darkling Thrush
  • Between a Rock and a Hard Place
  • Shadow Hunt
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • The Duke's Husband
  • Falling (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #2)
  • Feral (Northern Shifters, #2)
  • Del Fantasma: Unicorn
  • Lilacs
  • Seti's Heart
  • What
  • Litha's Constant Whim (Green's Hill, #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2)
A multi-published author of GLBT erotic, romantic fiction since 2004, I love trying new things -- I have 1001 crazy ideas and want to write them all! I exist primarily on caffeine and pixels, take “camera shy” to a whole new level, and persist in trying to learn the pennywhistle despite being woefully tone-deaf. During the summer, I’m a wild woman with henna.

You can find me on the web here, at my
More about Willa Okati...
And Call Me in the Morning (And Call Me in the Morning #1) The Name of the Game (The Game, #1) Tomcat Jones (Tomcat Jones, #1) Lovers, Dreamers and Me A Beautiful Disaster