Start by marking “Vince's Life” as Want to Read:
Vince's Life

Vince's Life (Vince's Life #1)

From the pages of Seventeen Philippines magazine comes the book that chronicles real college life: making the grade, forming friendships that will last the rest of your lives, charting your future, and falling in love possibly for the first time. For regular guy Vince Teves, every significant experience during the four years that would shape the rest of his life was worth ...more
Published 2004 by Summit Books

To ask other readers questions about Vince's Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vince's Life

Audrey
Nov 25, 2015 Audrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review posted on my blog, Audrey's Bookcase :

Initially, the material from Vince's Life was published as a monthly column in 'Seventeen' magazine in the Philippines. Judging by the title, it's quite obvious that the story is based on the real life of the author, Vince O. Teves. I picked up this book because, as I mentioned in another post, I'm so heavily invested in reading as many novels by Filipino authors as I can from this side of the world. I chose Vince's Life as my first venture into my o
Kristina Noelle
Aug 01, 2012 Kristina Noelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The truth is i've read this book a million times.
I first read the chapters of the book from Seventeen Magazine then I found out that they turned it into a novel.

this book is great. Everytime i read this book at night. I still got teary eyed on the part where (ok?) he and Andrea will end their relationship. You know the long distance thingy. I don't know who Vince is but i feel that he is true.

An honest and true Story. I admire him for his guts to write his story.

VINCE: I will wait even there is
Mags
Oct 07, 2015 Mags rated it really liked it
I liked this book for its honesty. I discovered its "episodes" from a local magazine printed monthly, and I just liked it since then. I loved it even more when they compiled the whole thing into a book, because then I'd be able to start where Vince's life really began. With Andrea.

I adored its honesty, how it feels like climbing inside a man's head (a man madly in love, that is). It's a short cliff-hanger, and I have yet to read the second and third installment maybe because I'm already happy wi
Mirvan  Ereon
I really really like this book. There is so much good in this short and quick read. I remember reading it when I was in high school and I truly loved it. It made me sad, it made me feel pain of loving someone and wait but in the end, it was just hopeless. I am very desperate to read this again. My copy got lost and I cannot find another copy anymore. I really hope this will be reprinted or be made available somehow. I hope the writer will write more of this.
Trixie
Jul 23, 2012 Trixie rated it really liked it
I remember reading this in high school I think, or maybe earlier of my college days. This is totally adored by my best friend and after reading it, so was I. It was a short read and as a girl, I really wanna see from a man's point of view. Short read, but very much interesting and the ending, well, I say many can relate to it. Definitely a bittersweet read!
kb
Sep 25, 2016 kb rated it liked it
Shelves: filipino-authors
It’s always fresh to see first love through the eyes of a guy, not just because I’m female, but it is just rare to have our own male writers pour their feelings out in print. Sure, parts of it were predictable but I still couldn’t help imagining the what-could-have-beens.
Inez Quijano
Dec 09, 2010 Inez Quijano rated it did not like it
Shelves: owned
I read this in high school. It sounded like a hip, coming-of-age book. But listening to Vince whine and whine and whine the whole time is just exhausting.
Nana Lee
Aug 18, 2011 Nana Lee rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, favorites
Who does like sad endings? Good thing it has a sequel. :)
Rocky
Jul 06, 2010 Rocky rated it it was amazing
the very first book that i read....
Maria Rizza
Oct 14, 2010 Maria Rizza rated it it was amazing
: a very inspiring novel.. reflects the reality of life. . . :)
Anna
Aug 29, 2011 Anna rated it it was amazing
A lot of fun to read! It's quirky, interesting, and almost everyone can relate to the story. :)
Ade
Aug 29, 2011 Ade rated it it was amazing
A fun book which anyone can easily relate to. Facts of life. Love it!
blackplume
Aug 21, 2014 blackplume rated it liked it
Full review posted on my blog, Blackplume

Vince’s Life is classified as a chick lit but surprisingly written by a male author using a point of view of a male character, which I think is one of the selling factor of this book and the other two of Vince’s Life series. From what I gather, Vince’s life is a true story by the author with a pen name of Vince O. Teves. It is originally published as a monthly article in the pages of Seventeen magazine which later on compiled, edited and turned into a bo
Alena
Sep 07, 2013 Alena rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads, owned
I have to admit that the number 1 reason why I bought and got attracted to this book is because of the title and the name of the author. I never though I’d it like this much, it’s just so realistic.. the scenarios, the setting and most of all the feelings. It made me reminisce all the things that happened in the past years. And I can’t believe that I am almost half-way through graduating from college as well. I’ve met a lot of people and became friends with each and every one.

All in all, the bo
Jhae
Feb 13, 2013 Jhae rated it liked it
Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I gave the book three stars because somehow I secretly hope that guys thinks like Vince. But in reality, they don't! And that's what frustrating in this book because it's to good to be true, even though according to the foreword it's based on the main character's life, still I think that his story was twisted into some commercialized shit where in it is designed to get girls all giddy and excited to find someone like Vince. In general, it is a light read ...more
Sarah Francisco
Jul 27, 2013 Sarah Francisco rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5 stars, actually. I've read this book when I was in high school (way back early 2000s). The story's good but I was looking for something towards its ending then. Nonetheless this novel is somewhat refreshing because you are going to see first love through a guy's eyes/perspective. Well. it will make you realize that unrequited love freakin sucks. As per its second and third book (apparently it became a series) I haven't read those yet. ;)
Charmaine
Oct 13, 2013 Charmaine rated it it was amazing
"It felt good to be leaving something behind instead of being left behind." <--- this line is simple but you can feel every emotions a person having when it was delivered. It is really hard to let go and just moved on. I just hoped that eventually they both end up with a happy life with someone else. Or if fantasies prevail, they can still end up together.
Giniper
Mar 27, 2013 Giniper rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite book way back in College. finished reading the last sequel 2 years ago.
Each one of us can relate to one of the characters. Bitter sweet.. just don't know if I'm the Andrea or the Vince. yay!

Melody Lopez
Jul 15, 2016 Melody Lopez rated it liked it
The story is good but it is quite a mainstream. A typical teenage love story which is entertaining somehow. I expected a kind of twist but have found a story which is entirely centered in romance. Still, I'm looking forward to read the continuation of the story.
Cassandra Javier
Nov 29, 2012 Cassandra Javier rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ah, I'm so in love with Vince and Andrea's story. It's the perfect story about college, life, love, and all the things we should learn. It's funny, it's real, it's heartbreaking, it's depressing. It's utterly beautiful. I've read it over and over but it still gets to me.
Erin van Moer
I really liked this book. It was so sad and beautiful at the same time, two criteria I always look for a good book. It is short to be read in one sitting but the memory will haunt you forever. Definitely a great read!
Terence Guzon
Jan 13, 2013 Terence Guzon rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book. I first read it in high school where it felt so relevant during the time. I just recently reread it and the same heart break resurfaced.

For a Seventeen girl magazine book this literary piece is worth it.
Vicky
Mar 06, 2014 Vicky rated it liked it
"No matter who the girl is, no matter what the girl says she wants, she wants flowers. . ."

Another cliche, but a story to look forward to.
Myka Tangan
Nov 15, 2014 Myka Tangan rated it really liked it
I can't believe that a male writer gave me that "butterflies in my tummy" feeling.
Two thumbs up vince (y)
Charmie
Oct 13, 2012 Charmie rated it really liked it
He works in an ad agency. He hasn't moved on yet from his past girlfriend. He meets her again. But...
Freddy Tagalog
Jun 08, 2012 Freddy Tagalog rated it it was amazing
I'm impressed Vince Teves!!! This is the first Filipino-made book that I've read. And I say, it's awesome.
Nicole
This book is something I read over and over and over again. Vince is extremely honest and it just cuts through.
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
May 23, 2011
Michael Rebuyas
Michael Rebuyas rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2012
  • Drama Queen
  • Baka Sakali
  • The Penguin Book of Gay Short Stories
  • A Hundred Days With You
  • Flirting with Danger (Nancy Drew: Files, #47)
  • No Boyfriend Since Birth
  • I'll Always Love You
  • Orosa-Nakpil, Malate (A Filipino Novel)

Vince's Life (3 books)