Start by marking “Slow Burn” as Want to Read:
Slow Burn

Slow Burn (Madaris Family & Friends #14)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  729 ratings  ·  18 reviews
ONCE YOU FIND Everything in attorney Skye Barclay’s life is fitting smoothly into place until she makes the startling discovery that she was adopted. Not only does she learn that her birth mother has died, but now Skye finds out that she has a biological brother: Vincent. Skye wants to track him down, and her parents support her. But her fiancé, Wayne, refuses to accept he ...more
Published October 30th 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Slow Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Burn

Valerie
The Madaris' remind me of the families popularized by TV shows like Dallas and Dynasty. They just have to be African American. It's a big, sprawling clan. They have lots of money, land and history. They are all beautiful and so are all their friends. When Skye Barclay comes on the scene, claiming to be the half-sister to one of the partriarch's adopted sons, the Madaris confirm her story and welcome her with open arms. They just don't count on the baggage Skye brings with her. The story becomes ...more
Tanya Mayes
This was a very tender love story. Slade Mardaris and Skye Barclay met when Skye in search of her biological brother Vincent after finding out she was adopted. Showed up at Dr. Justin & Lorren Madaris's Ranch. From the moment Slade opened the door it was love a first sight for them. I love that Slade was considered the "Slow Burn" instead of being like his twin brother Blade "Mr. BAM". Slade was a slow sensual lover, super caring just what skye needed a man to show her that she is special an ...more
Michele Minor
The plot about Skye finding her biological half brother and the suspense that her ex fiancee is trying to marry her so that he can inherit his trust fund makes the book interesting since you want to find out the identity of Skye's biological father. When traveling to Texas to find her biological brother she meets Slade Madaris when the sparks fly between them.
Dorel
This 14th book's story line was okay. This story is slow moving. I didn't like Skye's parents. I felt sorry for Skye. I liked how the Madarises stick together. I liked the ending.
Angela
Nice intro into the younger cousins.
Shawnette
Sizzlin' As Always

Congratulations and Kudos, Mrs. Jackson on this being your 50th novel! PLEASE, keep 'em coming! All I want to know is how can I marry into the Madaris Family?...LOL..."Slow Burn" offers another thrilling rollercoaster ride with the Madaris'.~~~~~~~Mrs. Jackson did an EXCELLENT job with Slade and Skye's romance. I enjoyed the instant attraction between Skye and Slade. The storyline as always flowed effortlessly across the pages. The characters as usual are UNFORGETTABLE. Main an
Toni
Finding out your true identity, your brother and later your biological father and grand-father - all of this is in store for Skye Barclay. Slade Madaris is just the man to help her find the answers and stand by her.
Connie Whitfield
Awesome story! Engaging characters! Absolutely loved it! I love a man who protects what's his. When Slade Madaris opened the door he had no idea that the woman of his dreams was standing on the other side. When Skye Barclay set out to finally meet Vincent, the brother she never knew she had, she had no idea that super sexy Slade, would make all her dreams come true as well as protect her from some really dangerous people. Well Done!
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
This is a Madaris book true to form. Skye is looking for her brother. She tracks her brother to the Madaris original couple (Tonight and Forever). Finding her brother was all she was looking for, she most certainly got much more than that in Slade.

This is most certainly a read the will read again and again. Jackson make the Madaris Family & Friends a series to come back to over and over again.
Karen
What another smooth Madaris man Slade is. He truly believed in love at first sight when he met Skye. He was a calm, patient, understanding, passionate, and a "must have lover" that Skye soon realized what true love was all about. I love this Madaris series, all of the stories thus far are interesting from start to finish and you can't help but fall in love with these men as well. Excellently written!
Chelsea
Ssssss.... what a slow burn it was. I really like this one, the modest twin Slade was a great fit for Miss Skye.. I enjoy the fact that the Madaris family and friends support one another on all endeavors and dilemmas. A strong family like this one can stand against anything. I love this story and I definitely look forward to reading about the bachelor twin "Blade."
Stilwaterz
I took a break from the Madaris to read some of Ms. Jackson's single books, but I'm back!!! Those Madaris men are truly awesome!
Cynthia
this was my first read in to this series and also by far my favorite
T'Laina D.
Decent read. Her writing is good.
Alveria
ONE OF MY FAVORITES!
Pamela
Slow start ,predictiable
jeanette grant
jeanette grant marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Tracy Tracy
Tracy Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • No Compromise
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Big Girls Don't Cry

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • True Love
  • Surrender
  • The Midnight Hour
  • Unfinished Business
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)