Start by marking “Slow Burn” as Want to Read:
Slow Burn

Slow Burn (Madaris Family & Friends #14)

ONCE YOU FIND
Everything in attorney Skye Barclay's life is fitting smoothly into place until she makes the startling discovery that she was adopted. Not only does she learn that her birth mother has died, but now Skye finds out that she has a biological brother: Vincent. Skye wants to track him down, and her parents support her. But her fiancé, Wayne, refuses to accept he
Published October 30th 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Slow Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Burn

Valerie
Sep 29, 2008 Valerie rated it it was ok
The Madaris' remind me of the families popularized by TV shows like Dallas and Dynasty. They just have to be African American. It's a big, sprawling clan. They have lots of money, land and history. They are all beautiful and so are all their friends. When Skye Barclay comes on the scene, claiming to be the half-sister to one of the partriarch's adopted sons, the Madaris confirm her story and welcome her with open arms. They just don't count on the baggage Skye brings with her. The story becomes ...more
Michele Minor
Sep 09, 2009 Michele Minor rated it liked it
The plot about Skye finding her biological half brother and the suspense that her ex fiancee is trying to marry her so that he can inherit his trust fund makes the book interesting since you want to find out the identity of Skye's biological father. When traveling to Texas to find her biological brother she meets Slade Madaris when the sparks fly between them.
Angela
Aug 30, 2011 Angela rated it liked it
Nice intro into the younger cousins.
Dorel
May 23, 2014 Dorel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This 14th book's story line was okay. This story is slow moving. I didn't like Skye's parents. I felt sorry for Skye. I liked how the Madarises stick together. I liked the ending.
Loretta Dozier
Dec 10, 2016 Loretta Dozier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW

Once again Brenda displayed your unyielding adventure for true love. This is another page turning , can not put you down until I'm finish.
Glenda
Feb 23, 2017 Glenda rated it liked it
This was a slow moving book in a way. It did not take long though for Skye to go to bed with Slade. The villain was an unexpected surprise.
Shawnette
Aug 26, 2007 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
Sizzlin' As Always

Congratulations and Kudos, Mrs. Jackson on this being your 50th novel! PLEASE, keep 'em coming! All I want to know is how can I marry into the Madaris Family?...LOL..."Slow Burn" offers another thrilling rollercoaster ride with the Madaris'.~~~~~~~Mrs. Jackson did an EXCELLENT job with Slade and Skye's romance. I enjoyed the instant attraction between Skye and Slade. The storyline as always flowed effortlessly across the pages. The characters as usual are UNFORGETTABLE. Main an
Tanya Mayes
Jul 14, 2014 Tanya Mayes rated it really liked it
This was a very tender love story. Slade Mardaris and Skye Barclay met when Skye in search of her biological brother Vincent after finding out she was adopted. Showed up at Dr. Justin & Lorren Madaris's Ranch. From the moment Slade opened the door it was love a first sight for them. I love that Slade was considered the "Slow Burn" instead of being like his twin brother Blade "Mr. BAM". Slade was a slow sensual lover, super caring just what skye needed a man to show her that she is special an ...more
Connie
Awesome story! Engaging characters! Absolutely loved it! I love a man who protects what's his. When Slade Madaris opened the door he had no idea that the woman of his dreams was standing on the other side. When Skye Barclay set out to finally meet Vincent, the brother she never knew she had, she had no idea that super sexy Slade, would make all her dreams come true as well as protect her from some really dangerous people. Well Done!
Karen
Sep 01, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
What another smooth Madaris man Slade is. He truly believed in love at first sight when he met Skye. He was a calm, patient, understanding, passionate, and a "must have lover" that Skye soon realized what true love was all about. I love this Madaris series, all of the stories thus far are interesting from start to finish and you can't help but fall in love with these men as well. Excellently written!
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
This is a Madaris book true to form. Skye is looking for her brother. She tracks her brother to the Madaris original couple (Tonight and Forever). Finding her brother was all she was looking for, she most certainly got much more than that in Slade.

This is most certainly a read the will read again and again. Jackson make the Madaris Family & Friends a series to come back to over and over again.
Chelsea
Oct 15, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Ssssss.... what a slow burn it was. I really like this one, the modest twin Slade was a great fit for Miss Skye.. I enjoy the fact that the Madaris family and friends support one another on all endeavors and dilemmas. A strong family like this one can stand against anything. I love this story and I definitely look forward to reading about the bachelor twin "Blade."
Toni
May 04, 2014 Toni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Finding out your true identity, your brother and later your biological father and grand-father - all of this is in store for Skye Barclay. Slade Madaris is just the man to help her find the answers and stand by her.
Shannon Shields
Oct 22, 2016 Shannon Shields rated it it was amazing
Another Madaris fairytale
Harriette B.Tolliver
Jan 25, 2016 Harriette B.Tolliver rated it it was amazing
Kept me on the edge of my set wanting more. The suspense was thrilling.
stilwaterz
Dec 29, 2011 stilwaterz rated it really liked it
I took a break from the Madaris to read some of Ms. Jackson's single books, but I'm back!!! Those Madaris men are truly awesome!
Joanna
May 05, 2016 Joanna rated it really liked it
I really like the story. I think the conflict was a bit... unrealistic. Which whatever, it was over pretty quickly bc the h/h eventually talked it through.
Donna Lewis
Oct 14, 2015 Donna Lewis rated it really liked it
boy these Madaris men....and slade was no exception.
Alveria
ONE OF MY FAVORITES!
Arnissa Burnett
Jun 19, 2016 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome story

Brenda Jackson doesn't disappoint at all. This story was full of surprises from the beginning. Those Madaris men men are something else.
K. N.
Dec 20, 2016 K. N. rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story of Skye and Slade. The twists and surprises really made this a page turner.
Pamela
May 04, 2011 Pamela rated it really liked it
Slow start ,predictiable
Kisha S Malone
Aug 26, 2015 Kisha S Malone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow burn

On to the next one of Brenda books. Two romances in one book. Nicely done. Taste of passion up next.
Alveria
Aug 15, 2016 Alveria rated it it was amazing
One of my very favorites my Brenda Jackson. Loved the chemistry developed Slade and Skye. The attraction they have for each other turns into an affair. Loved this story.
Libby Waterford
Jul 02, 2016 Libby Waterford rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. Slade was hot and super supportive. Skye was sweet and I was proud of her for standing up to her family. The Madaris series is definitely addictive!
Mary Bailey
A good read. Makes you wat to cry
Kelly Murphy
Jan 09, 2013 Kelly Murphy rated it it was amazing
One of my fav
Keisha
Keisha rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2012
Meka Samuels
Meka Samuels rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Thomas Burns
Thomas Burns rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
  • Irresistible You (Graysons of New Mexico, #4)
  • Stranger In My Arms (Hideaway)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Cupid's Bow (Madaris Family & Friends, #1.5)
  • Whispered Promises