Thoroughly Modern Milkshakes

Thoroughly Modern Milkshakes

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Milkshake. Frappe. Cabinet. Velvet. Whatever you call it, the quintessentially American combination of milk, ice cream, and syrup has delighted generations, invoking memories of soda fountains and high-school sweethearts. In this collection of recipes, Adam Ried infuses the classic shake with unexpected flavor twists that bring the milkshake into the twenty-first century....more
Published June 1st 2009 by W. W. Norton & Company

To ask other readers questions about Thoroughly Modern Milkshakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thoroughly Modern Milkshakes

Melody
I want them all. This book has to go back to the library and it's making me cry that I haven't had the time or ingredients to make each and every delectable sounding shake in this book. I love Ried's fearless and playful sense of flavor combination, the photos were well-done, and the recipes crystal clear. I'm going to have to buy a copy of this. Probably two copies, as I anticipate spilling syrup all over one of them. Recommended without reservation to milkshake people.
Andrew Perron
The writing is more than a bit cheesy, but in a cookbook, it's the ideas that matter, and this one makes me want to go out and grab ingredients mid-sentence.
Iris
Amazing and inspiring. However, be prepared for many trips to your chicest, most gourmand grocery store: nearly every recipe in this book calls for sorbet, particularly chocolate and coffee. Densely flavorful, sorbet is the couture of icy desserts; you'll pay a steep price for it, but the resulting milkshakes will repay you sumptuously.
Jordan
Aug 09, 2012 Jordan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jordan by: Andrew Kvochick
This was really interesting. I didn't realize there was so much history behind milkshakes. And yes, I sat and read the entire book in one sitting. Can't wait to try some of the recipes!
Crystal
Every milkshake in this book sounded absolutely devine. I am going to have to either keep it continually checked out of the library, or break down and purchase my own copy.
Erica
Seriously...what's not to love about a milkshake cookbook?
Vanessa
Easy, inventive recipes and great photos.
Benjamin Druhot
Benjamin Druhot marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Roy
Roy added it
Feb 10, 2014
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Tiphaine Monange
Tiphaine Monange marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Emily Meeks
Emily Meeks marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Gemma Correll
Gemma Correll marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Chey
Chey marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013