Start by marking “The Song of the Silvercades (Kira Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Song of the Silvercades (Kira Chronicles, #2)

The Song of the Silvercades (Kira Chronicles #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  7 reviews
With its sweeping storyline and strong characters, The Song of the Silvercades has the pace and feel of the very best epic fantasy. Beautifully written, its a brilliant followup to the critically acclaimed, The Whisper of Leaves, as it follows its heroine, Kira, on her nailbiting quest to save her people.;
Published 2009 by Arena A & U (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Song of the Silvercades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Song of the Silvercades

Kerry (The Roaming Librarian)
This is a great continuation of this series, you really get more in touch with the world the author has created, because for the first time, you are witnessing life outside Alogrenia. I love how clueless the main character is to her attractiveness to the opposite sex, she keeps getting new admirers wherever she goes. Though, I don't know how well I like the character she seems to have fallen for... but I'll let other people decide that for themselves. I'm very much looking forward to the third i ...more
Jody
A really good sequel that sets up the trilogy finale well.

The introduction of the wider peoples of the world that Kira occupies is done with great colour and empathy. Values, customs and beliefs clash as the Leader of the Tremen an isolated community living within the trees seeks their old blood-ties for assistance.

Each character is well built with personal and cultural drivers. Utterly engaging.
Jess
Kira's world sounds amazingly beautiful, but has its faults, which is great!! To often the main characters are so perfect it makes me want to gouge their eyes out with a vege peeler! But, not this series =) The writting style makes it fit together superbly and easily creates the love/hate you feel for the characters.

I love this series!
Ashleigh Oldfield
I enjoyed this book far more than the first because I already had my head around all the odd names and places. It also had more action in it, which I found the first had lacked some-what.
Anne
A gripping read that won't let up until its done!
The choices that face Kira...will hopefully be resolved in the final book.
Elise
Wonderful book. I couldn't put it down. Earthy, compelling and captivating!
Name Carol
Was ok as stand alone book as well but better read in sequence
Fi
Fi marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Ally
Ally added it
Jun 18, 2015
Kirby
Kirby marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
Wiki Kerr
Wiki Kerr marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Charlii Brown
Charlii Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Hania Douglas
Hania Douglas marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Lin
Lin marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Rachel
Rachel added it
Nov 23, 2014
Jordan Luttrell
Jordan Luttrell marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Battle of Evernight (The Bitterbynde, #3)
  • Bound by Dreams (Cauld Ane, #5)
  • The Bonemender's Oath (The Bonemender, #2)
  • Full Circle (Castings, #3)
  • A Respectable Girl
  • Betrayal (Trinity, #1)
  • An Echo in Time: Atlantis (The Ancient Future, #2)
  • Blue Dragon (Dark Heavens, #3)
  • Caszandra (Touchstone, #3)
  • The Druid Made Me Do It (Pandora #2)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot, #4)
  • Robinson
  • Soul's Reckoning (Broken Well, #3)
Karen Simpson Nikakis grew up in a small country town in Victoria, Australia where she was fortunate enough to ride horses through beautiful alpine scenery. This time continues to influence her fantasy world-building. Her work career has been based in education both at the school and university levels. She currently heads a writing and publishing degree at NMIT in Melbourne.
More about K.S. Nikakis...

Kira Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Whisper of Leaves (Kira Chronicles, #1)
  • The Cry of the Marwing (Kira Chronicles, #3)
The Whisper of Leaves (Kira Chronicles, #1) The Cry of the Marwing (Kira Chronicles, #3) The Kira Chronicles Fantasy Trilogy Bundle: The Whisper Of Leaves; The Song Of The Silvercades; The Cry Of The Marwing