Start by marking “The Best Skillet Recipes” as Want to Read:
The Best Skillet Recipes

The Best Skillet Recipes (The Best Recipe)

The Best Skillet Recipes means a world of great and easy meals.

One pan is all you need! From breakfast all the way to dessert, one skillet is all you need for fast, flavorful meals. it's no surprise that meat, fish, and pasta dishes come together nicely in a skillet But pot pie can also be made in the pan. So can pizza, casseroles and souffles.Put away that second pot fo
Published March 1st 2009 by Cook's Illustrated

To ask other readers questions about The Best Skillet Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Skillet Recipes

Liz
Dec 11, 2010 Liz rated it really liked it
Hamburger Helper - your ubiquitous presence in my childhood taught me that one-dish meals were awesome. As I got older, I grew to know that it could be better. Much better.

The people behind Cook's Illustrated once again take their expertise and thoroughness in recipe testing and apply it to dishes that I think would be great for people with limited kitchen space, or for beginning cooks that don't want to keep track of three pots on the stove and two dishes in the oven. A good 12-inch ovenproof s
Tina
Jan 13, 2010 Tina rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
I expected this book to contain many new recipes than 'The Best Recipes,' which I already own. From that perspective, it did not wow me. I tried a pasta recipe, and it turned out fine, but given that I own more than I skillet, I would rather shorten the cooking time by boiling the pasta while I'm making the sauce, rather than making a wetter sauce and cooking the pasta in it afterwards. Like other Cook's Illustrated books, it is well written, but this will not find a permanent place on my booksh ...more
Lynn
Jun 27, 2012 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This was a gift from a dear friend. I have tried many of the recipes and so far, I have not found one that I did not like. Relatively easy-to-make recipes with illustrations and color photos. One thing that I like about this book is the information that precedes many recipes...the whys and hows the authors developed the recipes that follow.

So far, my family has rated everything that I have made from this book as "do again"...believe me, not something that happens all the time.

I especially love
Mary Mcelveen
Dec 27, 2014 Mary Mcelveen rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
The Cook's Illustrated cookbooks are among my favorites; they are not merely a collection of recipes. They explain the why and how (and the failures!) of recipes, focusing on how to make the best of the best..and they succeed. Good food, good recipes, good directions. Good book.
Dana Nelson
Jul 25, 2016 Dana Nelson rated it really liked it
These recipes look and sound so amazing that I can't wait to try some! For the most part, the ingredients and directions are simple. Not many color pictures but terrific tips and tool/ingredient suggestions.
Rebecca
Apr 27, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Who wouldn't want to make an entire meal in one pan?
Everything I've made from this book was yummy and we have a new favorite pasta recipe in our rotation now. I love that you can cook pasta in one pan without dragging out another saucepan and colander that have to be cleaned later.
Rachel McCready-Flora
Feb 15, 2011 Rachel McCready-Flora rated it really liked it
Cooks Illustrated recipes are almost always perfect. This cookbook is fun to cook out of, my only complaints are 1) meat-city! and 2) not for the calorie-conscious.
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2012
Amanda Green
Amanda Green rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Maxine
Maxine rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2011
Heyokayo
Heyokayo rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2015
Sonia
Sonia rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2010
Bachstar
Bachstar rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
May 17, 2009
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Liri
Liri rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Tamara
Cherry cobbler in a skillet? Get in my belly!
Eyenowhour
Eyenowhour rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Shawn
Shawn rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Philipdupertuis
Philipdupertuis rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Poppy
Poppy rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2011
N.L. Riviezzo
I found the writing style and selection of recipes to be rather dull.
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Greg
Greg rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Donna Hofstra
Donna Hofstra rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Bobbie G
Bobbie G rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Jamio
Jul 19, 2009 Jamio rated it really liked it
For a full review, see my blog at heartmyyurt.blogspot.com
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Best Recipe (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Best Recipe
  • The New Best Recipe
  • More Best Recipes: A Best Recipe Classic
  • Restaurant Favorites at Home
  • Baking Illustrated: A Best Recipe Classic (The Best Recipe Series)
  • The Best 30-minute Recipe: A Best Recipe Classic (Best Recipe Series)
  • The Best Make-Ahead Recipe
  • The Best Light Recipe
  • The Best International Recipe: A Home Cook's Guide To The Best Recipes In The World (Best Recipe Classics) (A Best Recipe Classic)
  • Best Slow and Easy Recipes