Start by marking “The Best Skillet Recipes: What's the Best Way to Make Lasagna With Rich, Meaty Flavor, Chunks of Tomato, and Gooey Cheese, Without Ever Turning on the Oven or Boiling a Pot of” as Want to Read:

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  11 reviews
One pan is all you need From breakfast all the way to dessert, one skillet is all you need for fast, flavorful meals. It's no surprise that meat, fish, and pasta dishes can come together nicely in a skillet BUT pot pie can also be made in the pan. So can pizza, casseroles and souffles.

Put away that second pot for boiling pasta and cook it in its sauce right in the skillet.
Published March 1st 2009 by Cook's Illustrated

To ask other readers questions about The Best Skillet Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Skillet Recipes

Liz
Hamburger Helper - your ubiquitous presence in my childhood taught me that one-dish meals were awesome. As I got older, I grew to know that it could be better. Much better.

The people behind Cook's Illustrated once again take their expertise and thoroughness in recipe testing and apply it to dishes that I think would be great for people with limited kitchen space, or for beginning cooks that don't want to keep track of three pots on the stove and two dishes in the oven. A good 12-inch ovenproof s
Lynn
This was a gift from a dear friend. I have tried many of the recipes and so far, I have not found one that I did not like. Relatively easy-to-make recipes with illustrations and color photos. One thing that I like about this book is the information that precedes many recipes...the whys and hows the authors developed the recipes that follow.

So far, my family has rated everything that I have made from this book as "do again"...believe me, not something that happens all the time.

I especially love
Tina
I expected this book to contain many new recipes than 'The Best Recipes,' which I already own. From that perspective, it did not wow me. I tried a pasta recipe, and it turned out fine, but given that I own more than I skillet, I would rather shorten the cooking time by boiling the pasta while I'm making the sauce, rather than making a wetter sauce and cooking the pasta in it afterwards. Like other Cook's Illustrated books, it is well written, but this will not find a permanent place on my booksh ...more
Rebecca Coday
Who wouldn't want to make an entire meal in one pan?
Everything I've made from this book was yummy and we have a new favorite pasta recipe in our rotation now. I love that you can cook pasta in one pan without dragging out another saucepan and colander that have to be cleaned later.
Mary Mcelveen
The Cook's Illustrated cookbooks are among my favorites; they are not merely a collection of recipes. They explain the why and how (and the failures!) of recipes, focusing on how to make the best of the best..and they succeed. Good food, good recipes, good directions. Good book.
Dana Nelson
These recipes look and sound so amazing that I can't wait to try some! For the most part, the ingredients and directions are simple. Not many color pictures but terrific tips and tool/ingredient suggestions.
Joy
Made a few recipes and they turned out great! Highly recommend it!
Rachel McCready-Flora
Cooks Illustrated recipes are almost always perfect. This cookbook is fun to cook out of, my only complaints are 1) meat-city! and 2) not for the calorie-conscious.
N.L. Riviezzo
I found the writing style and selection of recipes to be rather dull.
Jamio
For a full review, see my blog at heartmyyurt.blogspot.com
Tamara
Cherry cobbler in a skillet? Get in my belly!
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Dale Edmonds
Dale Edmonds marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Vicky S Clerget
Vicky S Clerget marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Brett Hunt
Brett Hunt marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The New Best Recipe Baking Illustrated: A Best Recipe Classic (The Best Recipe Series) The Best 30-minute Recipe: A Best Recipe Classic (Best Recipe Series) The Science of Good Cooking: Master 50 Simple Concepts to Enjoy a Lifetime of Success in the Kitchen The Cook's Illustrated Cookbook: 2000 Recipes from 20 Years of America's Most Trusted Food Magazine