Start by marking “Journey Through Fire (Sisters of the Sword, #3)” as Want to Read:
Journey Through Fire (Sisters of the Sword, #3)

Journey Through Fire (Sisters of the Sword #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  401 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Sometimes a samurai's most dangerous opponent is herself.

Ever since their father's murder, Kimi and Hana have honed their fighting skills and prepared for vengeance against their vicious uncle Hidehira. They have become true warriors with the hearts of samurai.

Now their fight has become more than just a personal vendetta. As Hidehira's quest for power continues, he is dest
Published June 9th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published June 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Journey Through Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey Through Fire

Marla
2 stars if last in the trilogy. 3.5 stars on its own merit. I thought this was the last book in a trilogy, but if it is, then I will have to drop the star rating, because the story is once again left in a cliffhanger. Quaint story about a Japanese family whose honorable father was killed by his scheming brother, Hidehira.

Likes:
* Kimi and Hana are reunited with their wise mother and young lord brother, Moriyasu
* Ending fight and twists were good, but the series just wasn't as good as the first bo
Kris
How frustrating to have just finished the third book in this series and to be left hanging. I seriously need to find out what happens to the sisters of the sword. I hope the author gets busy and gives us more!
John
Well, it was definitely a better one.

Kimi has to deal with her anger and quest for vengeance, which is making her hot headed and risking the goals of her family.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Candace Cunard for TeensReadToo.com

Twin sisters Hana and Kimi had their whole world shaken by the death of their father at the hands of their uncle in a bid to replace him as samurai lord. The only other members of their family to survive Uncle Hidehira's brutal massacre were their mother and youngest brother, with whom Hana and Kimi were finally reunited in CHASING THE SECRET, only to be separated from their friend, Tatsuya, one of the few people who knew that they had disguised the
Ceejay
This is the third, and apparently final book in this series.It really isn't the end of the story, but no more books were written. It's a shame, but at least this final book doesn't leave the reader completely in the dark. These three books offer a great insight to Feudal Japan.There is a fantastic development of character offered.There are so many plot twists and unexpected turns that you just won't want to put the book down. Thanks to my public library, I just breezed through all three stories. ...more
Dayna Nas
The final book is called "The Sword Against The Sky", its written by Maya but under a different surname. Guys, the final book is BS, the ending was really, really terrible. Believe me, Kimi didn't get her happy ending like Hana and Tatsuya, even Daisuki had a bad ending. Its a brilliant book but believe you me I can't tell you how much I cried.
Jess
Grace Ba.
I want the last book
Renee
This was another great book in the Sisters of the Sword series, and I found myself on the edge of my seat wanting to read and find out what would happen next! I still believe the first book is the best book, but this one truly surprised me at the end. Of all the Sisters of the Sword books, however, this one, to me, had the saddest ending.
Lia
I really liked how it dealt with the need to address feelings of revenge, but the book felt rushed and crammed and thrown together all at the same time. One thing that I appreciate about this series is that it shows how hard it can be to right wrongs. I felt worn out after this book, though. Not sure if I want to keep going. I assume the author will write another book since the story is far from finished, but right now, this is what there is.
Heather
A bit predictable, but still good. This book could really use an afterword for those who aren't completely familiar with Japanese culture for the time period. (ie: explanation of who the shogun is, what his relationship is to the Administrator, more about the Zen monks, even some descriptions of Japanese food words.) Without explanations, something is missing. Otherwise, though, it was a very enjoyable adventure.
Megha R.
This was actually the first book that I read in this series and I could not put this book down. The details were persistant, the characters were interesting, and the storyline was amazingly creative.You would get to a stopping point read the next sentence and not be able to stop. I wish I had read they other books first because I bet they would be just as amazing!
s o n n a
This book was a great continuation of the series! Though I still love the first book the best; this one was pretty descriptive. The fighting and sweet martial arts skills continue when Kimi & Hana's family are reunited together...they are back, and more powerful then ever before.
omg!!!!! IM PISSED!!!!!! THERES GONNA B ANOTHER BOOK!!!!!! ya theres a little spoiler right there that the whole story doesnt end with this book but really its a heads up. now i need to find out when the next book comes out!!!!! ugh god it leaves u hanging BIG TIME!!!
Kelley
Enjoyable book in a series for later juvenile readers or early teens. Evokes the time and warrior code of the samurai, and features some violence as might be expected. Strong female protagonist faces challenges both external and internal.
Fatima
It was unbelievably amazing. As soon as it started reading it, I had to force myself to leave it when I had to go eat dinner. When I got back, with reading a few words I was sucked back in it because it was so good and written so good.
Aeaa Al-dulaymi
Elizabeth
Action slows in this book and I was left wondering at the end if this was the end of the sequels. Some points could have been given greater closure.
Brittany
A great book to read, I really love this series, when is the fourth coming out its been 4 years already!
♛★◆Tⓐnⓐ~Proud Hufflepuff
Why did the series have to end! I would have given 5 out 5 but I was ever so disappointed in the ending.
Sarah Hawkins
The ending to this book was like a cliffhanger that never got fixed. Otherwise, pretty good.
Deborah
A good book with lots of action and freindship. I wish the next book would be publish already!
Rachel
Mar 21, 2009 Rachel marked it as to-read
ME MUST READ AFTER ME READ OTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicole
This was an amazing and inspiring story. I loved it!
Happypenguinfriend
Very good very good very intense
Kaila
Need the next book! Way good.
Mery
E
SM
  • The Project
  • The Dragon's Child
  • Moonshadow: Rise of the Ninja (Moonshadow, #1)
  • Royal Blood
  • Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth (Indiana Jones: Prequels #11)
  • The Prince of Neither Here Nor There
  • Trail of Fate (The Youngest Templar, #2)
  • Fearless
  • The Hollow Tree
  • S.O.S. (Titanic, #3)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
  • The Disappeared
  • Escape Under the Forever Sky
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • The Isle of Mists (The Secrets of Droon, #22)
  • Medusa Jones
  • Born to Fly
  • Magic's Child (Magic or Madness, #3)
Maya Snow once had an aikido teacher who told her that the best place for a tree to hide is in the forest. Maya decided that the best place for a writer to hide is among her own words. Maya Snow is the pseudonym of author, Helen Hart.
More about Maya Snow...

Sisters of the Sword (4 books)
  • Sisters of the Sword (Sisters of the Sword, #1)
  • Chasing the Secret (Sisters of the Sword, #2)
  • The Battle Dawns (Sisters of the Sword, #4)
Sisters of the Sword (Sisters of the Sword, #1) Chasing the Secret (Sisters of the Sword, #2) The Battle Dawns (Sisters of the Sword, #4)