Start by marking “Light Sister, Dark Sister” as Want to Read:
Light Sister, Dark Sister

Light Sister, Dark Sister

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Two sisters--the favored star, Bobbie, and the shadow, Gray--bonded by family. When Bobbie is diagnosed schizophrenic and Gray tries to build a separate life, she is held back by menacing questions--about sexuality, Bobbie, her father, herself. A stunning novel of insight and truth, triumph and pain.
Published February 22nd 1994 by Random House

To ask other readers questions about Light Sister, Dark Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light Sister, Dark Sister

Mr.
This excellent novel about a family marred by illness asks the question, at what cost do we live our lives? Are we each haunted by the parallel story of another? One sister's lightness is another's darkness. Well written, excellent first novel misread as being simply about "disfunction." Clearly, this novel is much more complex, and lovely, than an Oprah episode. Highly recommended.
Every so often, I'll randomly pull a book from the library shelf. And every so often, I'll find a hidden gem.

This book was lovely, true, and perfectly balanced in overall structure. It's hard to believe this is Walmsley's first novel.
Lolly LKH
review to follow soon
Julieschreiner
The writing was good but this book is about as depressing as it gets and completely repetitive in the story line. Non-climactic and I could not attach myself to any of the characters.
Lois Duncan
Walmsley is a good writer. But this depressing read about a disfunctional family never really went anywhere.
Alex Earvin
Alex Earvin marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Emma Lightfoot
Emma Lightfoot marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Debra Rodgers
Debra Rodgers marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Dick
Dick marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Megs
Megs marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Mara
Mara marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Misha
Misha marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2012
Dulcie Pavuluri
Dulcie Pavuluri marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Alayna
Alayna marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2012
Elise
Elise added it
Dec 09, 2011
Kivrin
Kivrin marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2011