Waiting for Autumn

Waiting for Autumn

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  253 ratings  ·  38 reviews
“Waiting for Autumn is a warm and revealing book about personal transformation. Its narrative reveals the honesty of one who has really walked the path of forgiveness and divine connection and found the rewards of intuition, mission, and synchronistic flow. This book will speak to everyone.”
— James Redfield, the author of The Celestine Prophecy

“A thrilling story, a deep m...more
Published April 7th 2009 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for Autumn

Lura Miller
Jul 08, 2009 Lura Miller rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Lura by: DailyOM website
I really liked this book. It was a great uplifting story. But after a few days of thinking about it, I started getting jealous of the main character. I want to know why spiritual guides just seem to walk up to him and offer him free advice and help, whenever he needs it. I know its just a story, but I'd like to know if there really are people out there looking for people to guide...for free??? All I see are ads in the Stranger and Seattle Weekly advertising services....no one walking up to me or...more
Melanie Nelson
I absentmindedly picked up this book at a book store to pass the time while waiting for a friend. I couldn't put it down, ended up buying it and finishing it the same day.

For those of you who loved The Alchemist, Celestine Prophecy and the like, this book is for you. A wonderful parable of a man on a journey toward finding enlightenment. Very heart warming and really changed the way I look at life.
Vicki Jaeger
Aug 12, 2009 Vicki Jaeger rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: wouldn't
Recommended to Vicki by: advance reading copy
Just couldn't get into it. I get that it's a parable of a religious nature (I *was* a literature major!), but it was waaaaay too esoteric and lofty for me. I stopped at about p.70.
Meghan
I couldn’t tell if this book was intended to be a nice inspirational story or if it is based on actual practices and beliefs that people rely on. I went to dailyom.com, the website the author co-founded, and saw they have horoscopes, online courses, discussions, book suggestions, music suggestions, and methods of meditation, but no mention of a specific religion. I had never heard of some of the practices in this book and am curious as to their origin and use. Maybe the book was supposed to be m...more
Minal Arora
I think it's a great read and though at times I felt the author could do with lesser words, the essence of the book is quite profound and it came to me at a time when it helped me realise myself deeper!
Matthew
I wanted to like this book much more than I eventually did and that may be due, in part, to my outsized expectations. I'd hoped that reading about the author's spiritual journey would help me understand my own a little better, but too often I found myself getting frustrated at his writing style and in some places it overshadowed the many interesting aspects of his transformation.

If you're able to focus more on the building blocks of the author's awakening and ignore the pacing, dialogue, and exp...more
Jeanie
I must admit that I bought this book based on the reviews that I had read.... but I was very disappointed with the author. Although I enjoyed the beginning of the book.. . the author attempts to roll in too many concepts, in a short period of time, with just a superficial exploration of each. If you are looking for "non-religious" spiritual insights - I would recommend the Celestine Prophecy over this book.
Kitty
This is one of those "inspirational, written like a true story" books, where the events are probably mostly made up, but the author is trying to convey a message. It worked for me. I'm not saying I buy into all the "out there" stuff he presents, but it's an uplifting story, and it made me feel good.
Tracey
I read the first 3 chapters free from Hay House and I am HOOKED! At first, it reminded me of Ishmael because it is also about a teacher searching for a student where the student is completely unaware of how lost he really is. But this book already has delightful spiritual surprises!
Janine
A book I'd read a review about, which made me think it was worth checking out. This is a story about a man who found spiritual inspiration, insights, & wisdom about life in the most unlikely of places - through a homeless man he meets on the street. A very poignant story....
Todd
The book starts off with a solid story, but then drifts off into something that at best would be called a cultural appropriation of Native American religion. The ending was surprisingly far-fetched, which was something I didn't expect at the beginning of the story.
Lauren
Wow, really an interesting read. I am not a parent, but got a good perspective of some expecting one's. If you are a parent or a person who is just interested in Soul contracts; READ this book. It's an excellent read and a page turner.
Joe Schonewolf jr
I see people claiming this book "goes against my beliefs." Honestly, who cares? This book is a very real experience, and it was a delightful metaphor to how we want to feel in our lives. Awesome story, and an easy read.
Ricky
Oct 07, 2009 Ricky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ricky by: rickybarnes1960@gmail.com
"Waiting for Autumn" is a charming story about a man searching for his life's path and for healing after a tragic accident kills his fiance. Those who enjoyed "Peaceful Warrior" and "The Celestine Prophecy" will love this one.
Maureen Milliken
It was pretty good. A bit sappy and cliche at times. I liked some of the New Age concepts in the story especially the bit about dragonflies being fairies and about drawing in the energy of the moon.
Frances
This was the kind of book that left me not knowing exactly what I thought of it. It was either terrific or it was just ok. I think I need to think about it awhile before I can give in an honest review.
Karen Jett
This book is fast easy reading. More of an overview in a story format. Interesting, enjoyable, but no meat. Helps if you read the prequel, Summer's Path, before you read this.
Faythe Swanson
I was really looking forward to reading this interesting book. Sometimes, I didn't know what to think, & had to use my imagination. I didn't quite get the ending, either.
Darlene
A great story about a man that is serching for his way in life after the death of his fiance. He befriends a homeless man and there his journey begins. Great spiritual read.....
Diana
This is a book that my book club gals are going to read together. I had to order it and haven't gotten my copy yet. I'm getting impatient...
Sufiyo Sufiyo
Though not the most maturely or articulately written, a beautiful story and heart opening sharing. Glad I did :) And easy read in a couple days.
Rachael Dewberry
a little out there in some ways considering its supposed to be a little autobiographical but it gives you a lot to think about...
Cee
This is a fun book, a nice story along with deep destiny concepts. I especially enjoyed its setting in Ashland.
Sally Pearce
For me this book was pure drivel. Probably because it goes against all my beliefs. I really hated it.
Lkelley
This book was....weird. I thought it might be inspirational, but just ended up being silly.
Staci
I was excited when I found this book - what a great read - Metaphysical fiction.
Sylvia
It's promoted as a book that touches your soul. A pleasant read with a deeper message.
Cathy
Interesting, quick, easy read. A look at a different way of consciousness.
Barb
an enjoyable read even though it focuses on new characters.
Summer's Path Winter Moon Rises Waiting for Autumn O Segredo da Libélula Otono = Autumn

“I'm such a fan of nature, and being with the trees every day fills me with joy.” 11 likes