Start by marking “Waiting for Autumn” as Want to Read:
Waiting for Autumn

Waiting for Autumn

“Waiting for Autumn is a warm and revealing book about personal transformation. Its narrative reveals the honesty of one who has really walked the path of forgiveness and divine connection and found the rewards of intuition, mission, and synchronistic flow. This book will speak to everyone.”
— James Redfield, the author of The Celestine Prophecy

“A thrilling story, a deep m
Published April 7th 2009 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for Autumn

Tonkica
Nov 10, 2016 Tonkica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Svatko ima svoj put. Super je kada se otvorimo prema njemu pa nam pri ruci budu oni koji znaju vise od nas. Treba "samo" vjerovati!
Lura Landon
Jun 29, 2009 Lura Landon rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Lura by: DailyOM website
I really liked this book. It was a great uplifting story. But after a few days of thinking about it, I started getting jealous of the main character. I want to know why spiritual guides just seem to walk up to him and offer him free advice and help, whenever he needs it. I know its just a story, but I'd like to know if there really are people out there looking for people to guide...for free??? All I see are ads in the Stranger and Seattle Weekly advertising services....no one walking up to me or ...more
Sally Pearce
Feb 24, 2012 Sally Pearce rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, read-in-2012
For me this book was pure drivel. Probably because it goes against all my beliefs. I really hated it.
Persephone Abbott
Jan 11, 2015 Persephone Abbott rated it did not like it
This semi-autobio was painful to read, and not in a good way. My favorite passages:

"I had to stop eating at restaurants completely because I could no longer trust that employees would be in a good mood when they prepared my food." Anyway you look at that sentence boundary problems appear.

"And when they are born, they have to decide if they are ready to deal with the limitations of living here. A few who decide they don't want to be here leave, and that's what is commonly referred to as SIDS." Fr
Melanie Nelson
Jun 09, 2009 Melanie Nelson rated it really liked it
I absentmindedly picked up this book at a book store to pass the time while waiting for a friend. I couldn't put it down, ended up buying it and finishing it the same day.

For those of you who loved The Alchemist, Celestine Prophecy and the like, this book is for you. A wonderful parable of a man on a journey toward finding enlightenment. Very heart warming and really changed the way I look at life.
Todd
Aug 08, 2011 Todd rated it did not like it
The book starts off with a solid story, but then drifts off into something that at best would be called a cultural appropriation of Native American religion. The ending was surprisingly far-fetched, which was something I didn't expect at the beginning of the story.
Vicki Jaeger
Aug 12, 2009 Vicki Jaeger rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: wouldn't
Recommended to Vicki by: advance reading copy
Just couldn't get into it. I get that it's a parable of a religious nature (I *was* a literature major!), but it was waaaaay too esoteric and lofty for me. I stopped at about p.70.
Fallon
Apr 28, 2017 Fallon rated it liked it
This is certainly and interesting book and not something I would normally read. It is about a spiritual path/healing/mindfulness.

Meghan
Sep 19, 2009 Meghan rated it liked it
I couldn’t tell if this book was intended to be a nice inspirational story or if it is based on actual practices and beliefs that people rely on. I went to dailyom.com, the website the author co-founded, and saw they have horoscopes, online courses, discussions, book suggestions, music suggestions, and methods of meditation, but no mention of a specific religion. I had never heard of some of the practices in this book and am curious as to their origin and use. Maybe the book was supposed to be m ...more
Nadine
Apr 21, 2016 Nadine rated it really liked it
Thank you very much to the person who spilled coffee on this library book. I had picked it off the shelf while shelf checking at work, noticed the coffee stain and was about to withdraw it when the title caught my eye. I decided to read it before I withdrew it and checked it out. I don't know what it was that drew me to the title of this book but for whatever reason, I turned over and saw the author of the Celestine Prophecy had written about it and the publisher had put it on the back cover. No ...more
Matthew
Jul 20, 2010 Matthew rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book much more than I eventually did and that may be due, in part, to my outsized expectations. I'd hoped that reading about the author's spiritual journey would help me understand my own a little better, but too often I found myself getting frustrated at his writing style and in some places it overshadowed the many interesting aspects of his transformation.

If you're able to focus more on the building blocks of the author's awakening and ignore the pacing, dialogue, and exp
Jeanie
Jun 16, 2009 Jeanie rated it did not like it
I must admit that I bought this book based on the reviews that I had read.... but I was very disappointed with the author. Although I enjoyed the beginning of the book.. . the author attempts to roll in too many concepts, in a short period of time, with just a superficial exploration of each. If you are looking for "non-religious" spiritual insights - I would recommend the Celestine Prophecy over this book.
Kitty
Nov 06, 2011 Kitty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those "inspirational, written like a true story" books, where the events are probably mostly made up, but the author is trying to convey a message. It worked for me. I'm not saying I buy into all the "out there" stuff he presents, but it's an uplifting story, and it made me feel good.
Leslie
Aug 25, 2015 Leslie rated it really liked it
Of course I would read the middle book of this trilogy first. Actually you could read them out of order and still have an idea what's going on. I really enjoyed this book. It made me want to visit Oregon and I love the way it is connected to nature. Not your usual metaphysical novel. Thought-provoking and captivating. Interesting vision of the afterlife/prelife also.
Ricky Barnes
Oct 07, 2009 Ricky Barnes rated it liked it
Recommended to Ricky by: rickybarnes1960@gmail.com
"Waiting for Autumn" is a charming story about a man searching for his life's path and for healing after a tragic accident kills his fiance. Those who enjoyed "Peaceful Warrior" and "The Celestine Prophecy" will love this one.
Lauren
Jul 21, 2012 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Wow, really an interesting read. I am not a parent, but got a good perspective of some expecting one's. If you are a parent or a person who is just interested in Soul contracts; READ this book. It's an excellent read and a page turner.
Joe Schonewolf jr
Aug 09, 2012 Joe Schonewolf jr rated it really liked it
I see people claiming this book "goes against my beliefs." Honestly, who cares? This book is a very real experience, and it was a delightful metaphor to how we want to feel in our lives. Awesome story, and an easy read.
Maureen Milliken
Jan 27, 2013 Maureen Milliken rated it liked it
It was pretty good. A bit sappy and cliche at times. I liked some of the New Age concepts in the story especially the bit about dragonflies being fairies and about drawing in the energy of the moon.
Janine
Sep 28, 2009 Janine rated it really liked it
A book I'd read a review about, which made me think it was worth checking out. This is a story about a man who found spiritual inspiration, insights, & wisdom about life in the most unlikely of places - through a homeless man he meets on the street. A very poignant story....
Minal Arora
Feb 01, 2014 Minal Arora rated it liked it
I think it's a great read and though at times I felt the author could do with lesser words, the essence of the book is quite profound and it came to me at a time when it helped me realise myself deeper!
Tracey
Jun 25, 2009 Tracey rated it it was amazing
I read the first 3 chapters free from Hay House and I am HOOKED! At first, it reminded me of Ishmael because it is also about a teacher searching for a student where the student is completely unaware of how lost he really is. But this book already has delightful spiritual surprises!
Frances
May 31, 2009 Frances rated it liked it
This was the kind of book that left me not knowing exactly what I thought of it. It was either terrific or it was just ok. I think I need to think about it awhile before I can give in an honest review.
Sylvia
Jun 03, 2010 Sylvia rated it it was ok
It's promoted as a book that touches your soul. A pleasant read with a deeper message.
Bonnie
Feb 15, 2012 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
refreshingly unique story!
Karen Jett
Jul 01, 2009 Karen Jett rated it it was amazing
This book is fast easy reading. More of an overview in a story format. Interesting, enjoyable, but no meat. Helps if you read the prequel, Summer's Path, before you read this.
Kristina
Oct 08, 2010 Kristina rated it really liked it
Wonderful ^^
Sufiyo Sufiyo
Aug 01, 2013 Sufiyo Sufiyo rated it liked it
Though not the most maturely or articulately written, a beautiful story and heart opening sharing. Glad I did :) And easy read in a couple days.
Rachael Dewberry
a little out there in some ways considering its supposed to be a little autobiographical but it gives you a lot to think about...
Bonnie Van
A little new agey but had some good concepts. Entertaining but a bit out there.
Dean Miller
Sep 09, 2012 Dean Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book, interesting story and a different take on what might be happening after we die, what we can do today with that energy.

Well written, easy casual style. Yeah, I like it.
  • DailyOM: Inspirational Thoughts for a Happy, Healthy, and Fulfilling Day
  • Meditation Secrets for Women: Discovering Your Passion, Pleasure, and Inner Peace
  • Mystical Traveler: How to Advance to a Higher Level of Spirituality
  • Deception
  • Moths of the Limberlost
  • Gone
  • A Day in Mossy Creek (Mossy Creek, #5)
  • Indie Spiritualist: A No Bullshit Exploration of Spirituality
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals
  • Bubbles Pop
  • The First Rule of Ten (A Tenzing Norbu Mystery, #1)
  • The Last Innocent Hour
  • Thomas Jefferson, Rachel & Me
  • Shades of Gray
  • Mind Into Matter: A New Alchemy of Science and Spirit
  • Mourning Becomes Cassandra
  • Earth Magic: Ancient Shamanic Wisdom for Healing Yourself, Others, and the Planet

“I'm such a fan of nature, and being with the trees every day fills me with joy.” 16 likes