Start by marking “Summer's Path” as Want to Read:
Summer's Path

Summer's Path

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  286 ratings  ·  41 reviews
The #1 best-selling e-book is now available as an expanded-edition hardcover. Now with two additional chapters, this first printed edition of Summer’s Path presents the remarkable story of Don Newport, an engineer who comes face-to-face with his personal destiny under extraordinary circumstances. After losing his job and his health insurance, Don learns that he has a termi ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Summer's Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer's Path

Wendy
I'm not really sure how this one ended up on my Kindle, but it somehow did in it's entirety...not just a sample. I'm at a loss for words exactly what it was about this book that I loved. I know there is so much more to the story and am very excited to read the next one in the series to see where Don and Roberts journey take them.
Debbie
The diagnosis of cancer left Don with only a few months to live. Not wanting to leave his wife Suzanne with the insurmountable medical bills, he contemplated ending his own life with the help of a spiritual advocate. Making the decision was a tough one, but actually doing it may have been even more difficult if his new friend Richard hadn’t been there to help his transformation from what he was enduring to what would set him free to finish his life’s journey.

Um, OK. As a contemporary fiction, th
Kohl Gill
Mar 07, 2009 Kohl Gill rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my enemies
Recommended to Kohl by: Audible.com
Shelves: audible, listened
It's rare that I'm actually offended by a novel. This is the worst audible.com purchase I've made so far. I only got through half of it. I had to stop because, like terrible new-age fads like The Secret, the story perpetuates the idea that disease - in this case, cancer - is caused by bottled-up emotions and can be cured by emotional manipulation. This notion is not just scientifically highly dubious, but also quite damaging to cancer-affected folks who end up avoiding real treatment and blaming ...more
Sher
Like many other reviewers, I downloaded this book from audible because it was free. I listened to it because it happened to follow in my playlist the book that I had just finished.

I started out thinking, Ho-hum, but then I got very interested in it when I realized it was about alternative healing. I believe in that stuff to a point, but have very strong convictions about the purpose of life, where we came from and where we are going. As the book progressed and its teachings crossed what I believ
Aniruddha Das
Oct 06, 2014 Aniruddha Das rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody
An absolutely terrible book. Why I even bothered finishing this book, I'll never know! But I do know that this was an absolute waste of time and a complete waste of money. The whole concept of diseases existing because of suppressed feelings of a soul from various lifetimes was too much to bear. I wish I could UN-READ what I've read because this book has scarred me for life.
Stephanie
I picked this book up for free from Audible a while ago. I've been trying to burn through my already downloaded books, so this filled an afternoon's drive nicely. It's unfortunate that the book wasn't very good.
The story is about Don, who's dying of cancer. He was laid off, and his wife didn't want to get married before he was diagnosed, so he has no health insurance. While sleeping, he gets a visit from Robert, who claims to be a sort of Angel of Death. Supposedly Robert is there to help Don
Dasarae Dibella
Was not a story I would read or really recommend. There were some 'ah-ha' moments that I thought was written well, but overall I thought the story went on and on and I debated several times to just stop. I did finish it and would not give a 1 star because I respect authors and just because I didn't enjoy it doesn't mean someone else won't. Just wasn't my cup of tea.
Kathy
Mildly intersting concept, but horrendously written. When I say horrendous, what I mean is it totally lacks imagination and creativity. The author took a theme, and then gave it dull, unimaginative characters who lack a grasp of any kind of intellectual vocabulary. Like it was written by a teenager with a 2.5 GPA.
Jane Friddell
This one was a little hard to swallow. I would not have bought this book, but it was free on kindle so I read it. Free is always good LOL! Anyway, this book is about a man with Cancer and if you have ever lived through the death of a loved one with Cancer, you will most likely be offended by this book.
Sabrina
This book had the potential to be good, but then started to read more like a self help book on inner enlightenment and then got even more preachy and new agey. I would say if you aren't already into that kind of stuff, you probably wouldn't enjoy this book.
James
Very new age... The writing is considerably poor and the story is even worse. I used the audio book version because it was free, but even at that price it was too costly. I will never get those 4 hours of my life back...
Liz
Oh my god! I can't believe I wasted four hours of my life on this book. No wonder it was free. I don't think it could have been worse. The narrator was awful and the storyline was so saccharine it was painful.
Lauren
I could not put this book down until I finished it to find there was a sequal and had to go run to the store to buy it! This brings a very thought provoking perspective to how the spirit and body evolve.
Heather
Worst drivel I have ever heard. I listened to the the first 10 minutes and couldn't stand any more. The writing is horrible and the narration tedious at best.
Suzanne
I don't recall how I ended up with this book in my Audible library, but I just finished listening to it and hope I didn't pay for it.
George
What is this I don't even...What did I just read? It started off pretty sad and morbid and then just got weird from there.
Mark Junk
Made it 1/2 way. Just did not like this story, it feels like the story was trying to preach to me but failed miserably at it.
Mrs. Kenyon
This is a mediocre book with a terrible narration. I will NOT be listening or reading to the rest of the series.
I'm giving the benefit of the doubt in saying that perhaps I've got a really bad abridgement, but it's bad.
Alissa Perlman
I downloaded this audiobook because it was free, and essentially, you get what you pay for.
Terri
One word: bizarre.

I see why audible.com offered this as a "freebie".
Wes Burkett
something free on the kindle
Julie
I'm not sure why I put this book on my to-read list. In the future I'm going to have to note somewhere why I want to read a book because it usually takes me years to get to it and then I have no idea why I thought to read it.

This book is a prime example of this. This book is in the same vein as The Shack. I guess it's supposed to make you think about your life and how you live it. What is important and what should be left behind. It did make me think but then it just ended with no conclusion. I
Kathy Desroches
Like most of the other people who have written a review, I have no idea how this book got on my kindle. I'm glad it did. It's a nice little story about a souls purpose. I don't normally like this kind of story but it slowly seduced me.
Carlissa
I got this free from Audible.com. I hadn't heard of this book before and only downloaded it because it was free. Normally, I don't read/listen to this type of book, but I did enjoy the story. I prefer unabridged audio and didn't realize until after I listened to this that it was abridged. I don't feel like I missed anything, but I still wish it had been unabridged. The narrator wasn't all that good, but bearable. There seems to be a sequel to this book, Waiting For Autumn, which I will definitel ...more
ConnieK
Mar 26, 2009 ConnieK rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to ConnieK by: kindleboards bargain book list
Shelves: spirituality
I didn't realize this was a metaphysical book when I selected it - just sounded like an interesting book at a great kindle price. Then I realized it was published by Hay House and thought - even better. I did like the story and some of its spiritual themes, but was left at the end feeling like I had read half a book. There is no resolution for any of the characters and, disappointingly, the only way to get resolution (I think) is to read the author's next book. I guess you get what you pay for.
Genesa
This is quite possibly one of the worst books I have ever read. I downloaded it for free on my Kindle. Can't beat free... I read it in 1 day. It was that short. The story was too new age for my tastes and it literally stopped in the middle of a story line. I'm sure that was to entice you to buy the next book by this author, but I assure you I will not be doing that.
Chris
I got this as a free book on my kindle. It is a good story, but stops mid-story. Naturally, the next installment is not due out until April and I'll have to pay for that one. It is good to find a new author though. It is similar in genre as The Shack.
Rick
At first it was just an "ok" story with mediocre writing. The story quickly progressed into rediculousness and the writing never got any better. Even though it was a short story I had to force myself to finish it. Its really not worth reading.
Harper Haven
This was a good quick read. While I didn't always agree with the spirituality presented, I still found it interesting. Many parts were very poignant. Others made me smile. Either way it made me think.
  • Deception
  • Snowbound
  • One Hit Wonder
  • Talking with the Dead
  • Return Engagement (Settling Accounts, #1)
  • My Name Is Russell Fink
  • A Dangerous Man (Hank Thompson, #3)
  • Moonlight
  • The Complete User's Guide To the Amazing Amazon Kindle 2
  • The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library: An illustrated step-by-step guide to Foolproof Cooking
  • The Kiribati Test
  • Professional Integrity (The Riyria Chronicles, #2.6)
  • The Aimee Leduc Companion: A Guide to Cara Black's Paris
  • Look What Santa Brought (The Perfect Gift)
  • Love Yourself And Let The Other Person Have It Your Way
  • The Lost Jewels of Nabooti (Choose Your Own Adventure, #10)
  • The Brass Bed (Jewel Heiss #1)
  • Ring of Lies