Start by marking “Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2

Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2 (Hack/Slash Omnibus 2)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  534 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Collecting the entire first year-and-a-half of the ongoing series The Hack/Slash collection readers have been waiting for, this new Omnibus collects the first 14 issues of the ongoing series, and features classic slasher villains like Acid Washed and Father Wrath, as well as Cassie's first encounter with Georgia. All this and the first-ever Hack/Slash Annual in one mega-vo ...more
Published May 18th 2009 by Devil's Due Publishing (first published January 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2

Maddoganchorite
Aug 29, 2015 Maddoganchorite rated it really liked it
The plot had alot of twists and turns. I really liked how each issues has a different art style. Some of the main storyline was progrossed. The main characters, and the side characters are all interesting, and fun to read about. The art is really great, and detailed. I loved the humor in each story. Overall, an excellent comic so far :)
Adriane
Apr 14, 2012 Adriane rated it it was amazing
This is on its way to becoming one of my favorite comics, I was brought in by the different art styles and cameos by known horror stars, but in this book you really get to know the characters better, and I really enjoyed that. Plus one of the people I follow on deviantart did the cover picture.
eden Hudson
Jul 10, 2014 eden Hudson rated it it was amazing
Awesome! This second round of issues completely nailed everything that was missing from the first. It had the heart, the depth of character, the over-arching story...I almost wish I could've started reading the series with "Gross Anatomy," but I'm glad I had the groundwork that was laid in Volume 1. I love what's happening with Georgia and Cassie and the way the cast is slowly expanding. (view spoiler) I ...more
Joseph
May 22, 2009 Joseph rated it really liked it
Although it doesn't offer much more than what was in the first volume, Hack/Slash is still an enjoyable read. The relationship between Cassie and Vlad continues to be the book's strongest selling point (aside from sex, of course), and the introduction of a potential third wheel in the form of Georgia is handled quite well. By keeping her separate from Cassie and Vlad, the comic manages to turn her into a constant undercurrent of tension between the two without having to force the issue.

The retur
Glen Gottilla
Jan 18, 2015 Glen Gottilla rated it it was amazing
This is second comic that back into comics. It reads like a damn good tongue-in- cheek genre tv show. It collects Hack/Slash at the time when creator Tim Seeley make his story about Cassie and Vlad an on going series. Cassie is that last girl, that survivor in one of those cheesy and exploitive slasher films. The one's we all say we don't but love. The artwork by Emily Stone is some of the best in the series entire 7 year run and catapulted Tim Seeley to the top of the Post Walking Dead indie sc ...more
Kelsey
May 06, 2014 Kelsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that subverts expectations.

I didn't even realize I had expectations.

I just opened it up and started reading, and after the first issue said, "Damn, I was not expecting those feels."

Internet slang aside, Hack/Slash is full of enormous heart, wit, gore, sex, and more than a splash of friendship. I can't wait to read the next volume, one of my best blind purchases I've made.
Chibineko
Sep 15, 2011 Chibineko rated it really liked it
I finished the first volume within a day so I figured hey, why not check out the next one? I'm rather glad I did since the storytelling does improve with this volume. (OK, so I admit that the cover art drew me in as well.)

The storytelling has improved with this volume, as do the cameos by both actual people and familiar horror icons. We get a glimpse at some Suicide Girls in this volume and while it does serve to be more of a vehicle for SG during that chapter, it was still pretty decent. (Somet
Kyle Mclaughlin
Aug 23, 2014 Kyle Mclaughlin rated it really liked it
Cassie Hack is the serial killer who goes after the serial killers who just won't stay dead, known as Slashers. Collects Hack/Slash 1-14 with guest appearances by Dr. Herbert West.
Mark
Oct 09, 2014 Mark rated it liked it
Good trashy B horror movie fun. One change from Volume 1 is immediately evident: the series has a more consistent look due to Emily Stone penciling most of it. The sex and violence are both toned down a bit for the ongoing as well.
Matti Karjalainen
Tim Seeleyn ""Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2"" (Image Comics, 2010) sisältää lehden numerot 1-17, joissa yliluonnollisten sarjamurhaajieä päiviltä päästämisen perhesyistä elämäntehtäväkseen ottanut Cassandra ""Cassie"" Hack ja hänen Frankensteinin hirviötä muistuttavan ystävänsä Vladin tielle osuu mm. saatanalle sielunsa myynyt rocktähti, lisääntymisestä haaveilevia lonkeroisia helvetistä, veririittejä ja tyttöjen välistä ystävyyttä harrastavia sisäoppilaitoksen opiskelijoita, Ihmemaa Ozin peltimie ...more
Andrew Uys
Oct 15, 2013 Andrew Uys rated it liked it
With all the early limited series collected in Omnibus Vol. 1, the story gets a more developed with the beginning of the on-going series. My only, but major, complaint is the inconsistency of the artwork. Ranging from superb to abysmal (sorry, maybe it was the printing process?), I only kept reading b/c the story really is worth it. That and Cassie & Vlad make for the best "buddy comedy", even though this is a gore-tastic horror comic book. Is it worth checking out? Definitely! Once the titl ...more
Matt Piechocinski
Aug 15, 2012 Matt Piechocinski rated it it was ok
If an 15-18 year old kid wrote this book, I think it'd be genius ... there's still a lot of things that Seeley seems hung up, but I DO think the mythos he's building within his arcs, the underlying subplot of revnants and whatnot, is pretty neat ... enough to keep me checking them out from the library.

I did think the issue about the feral children was really good, as I believe this omnibus is a more solid effort over it's predecessor. I agree with another reviewer in that there is at least some
Scott
Sep 29, 2015 Scott rated it liked it
Bit of an improvement over the first one.
Sebastien
Jun 23, 2015 Sebastien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, horror, comedy
This was actually pretty good, as I expected the series gets much better once it has one continuous story instead of a bunch of one-shots (as in the first omnibus). Still fanservicey and juvenile, but in a fun light-hearted way. Love some of the arcs we can see develop through the otherwise rather pulpy stories. Loved Nef and Cassie trying to find her father was really interesting. Would love to see her up against a serious monster instead of a bunch of ridiculous characters.
Michelle Hart
Jun 30, 2013 Michelle Hart rated it really liked it
so this series is super silly, in the best way possible. imagine the show supernatural, but replace dean with a bisexual buffy and sam with a frankenstein-esque monster. sounds awesome, right? totally is. the whole "busty babe" thing can get obnoxious at times--there's an entire extra-length issue featuring the suicide girls--but for the most part it really works. cassie hack is a great character, with much more depth than you'd think.
Michael Kant
Jun 09, 2010 Michael Kant rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This volume collects the first 14 issues of the ongoing series. Although it is mindless campy humor at the best of times, it was still entertaining to read in a juvenile sense. If you are looking for some mindless fluff to pass the time with, and like decent sex jokes mixed with crude violence and shout-outs to classic horror films and comics, then this will probably be right up your alley.
Michael
Jul 02, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
A wild ride that slashes through the horror comic genura. Cassie Hack, a punk rock girl who is the daughter of a slasher killer, and her best buddy/partner/bodyguard Vlad, go hunting slashers in the vain of horror movies. I loved every second of the blood soaked and yet tongue-and-cheek insanity!
C. Eaton
Jul 01, 2012 C. Eaton rated it liked it
Unfortunately I am reading these out of order due to availability issues at my library. But, that being said I am really digging this series. It's fun gorey action full of dark humour and pop culture references. And lesbians. If that doesn't get you interested, I don't know what will.
Rachael
Feb 09, 2011 Rachael rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, 2011
More good! I really like the recurring villains and the character development of Cassie and Vlad. Cassie has to face her past and some things about her identity that she hasn't quite dealt with before. It's also great to see a realistically evolving friendship. Plus, Vlad just rocks.
Andy
Aug 17, 2009 Andy rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Volume 2 collects the first 17 issues of the continuing series plus the annual. With an ongoing thread it really picks up steam, introducing Cassie's very own Scooby gang, a wealth of new Revenants and some awesome visuals.
Susan

The Coldest Dis
Murder/Suicide
Interlude
Over the Rainbow
Cassie & Vlad Meet The Re-Animator!
Liked it lots. Some of the story telling fell off for me in this lot. But it was still cool. Love Cassie. 4 and a half stars.
Jared Jeffers
Mar 20, 2013 Jared Jeffers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: same old graphic novel crew
Recommended to Jared by: carried reading since the last collection i read
great carry on from the first omnibus of the modern age bad girl with retro horror graphic novel.
Coleman Concannon
Jan 07, 2013 Coleman Concannon rated it really liked it
amazing concept/art/characters/story arcs. Appeal of sex/action/gore/horror. Gets better & better!
Morbus Iff
Jun 21, 2011 Morbus Iff rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Well, it was certainly better than the first one. Onward to Volume 3...
Kailey Curless
Dec 13, 2009 Kailey Curless rated it really liked it
I usually do not like comic books, but I had a good time reading this one!
Randy
Aug 05, 2012 Randy rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
still fun, but not much depth.
Mickey Phillips
May 11, 2013 Mickey Phillips rated it really liked it
I love me some Cassie Hack
David Bunegar
Aug 15, 2013 David Bunegar rated it it was amazing
I love this series.
Stephen Harris
Stephen Harris rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
  • Rachel Rising, Volume 3: Cemetery Songs
  • Empowered, Volume 2 (Empowered, #2)
  • Power Girl, Vol. 2: Aliens and Apes
  • Crossed, Vol. 4: Badlands
  • Witch Doctor, Vol. 1: Under the Knife
  • Escape from Wonderland
  • Queen and Country: The Definitive Edition, Vol. 4
  • Wet Moon, Volume 2: Unseen Feet (Wet Moon)
Tim Seeley is a comic book artist and writer known for his work on books such as G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, The Dark Elf Trilogy, Batman Eternal and Grayson. He is also the co-creator of the Image Comics titles Hack/Slash[1] and Revival, as well as the Dark Horse titles, ExSanguine and Sundowners. He lives in Chicago.
More about Tim Seeley...

Hack/Slash (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Hack/Slash, Vol. 1: First Cut
  • Hack/Slash, Volume 2: Death By Sequel
  • Hack/Slash Volume 3: Friday the 31st (Hack/Slash)
  • Hack/Slash, Volume 4: Return of the Revenge, Part 4
  • Hack/Slash Volume 5: Reanimation Games
  • Hack/Slash Volume 6: In Revenge And In Love (Hack Slash)
  • Hack/Slash Volume 7: New Blood Old Wounds