Start by marking “The Ultimate No-No” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate No-No

The Ultimate No-No (The Ultimate Series #1)

When Dahlia decides to get even with a man, named Troy, who broke her heart she thinks of a master plan. To her dismay after asking Nitrah, her best friend to help her get even, she falls in love with Troy. Not only does this cause a huge rift, the ladies must soon face the fact that they both have lied and their secrets will unveil.
Troy thinks he has finally found true l
Published February 7th 2009 by Delphine Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate No-No, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate No-No

OOSA
Mar 14, 2011 OOSA rated it really liked it
Drama Is Her Middle Name

Imagine this...your best friend asks you to do her a favor. Simple enough, right? Your friend wants you to befriend a certain man. He's fine so no problem with that. Here's the kicker - you are to make this man fall in love with you and then...dump him! Why? Because this man did your friend dirty. But what happens when you find yourself falling for him?

Imagine this...you've met her, as in the one. She's the woman that makes you want to give up your doggish ways. She's go
Kimyatta Angola
May 06, 2013 Kimyatta Angola rated it liked it
I liked the story. I just hated that the folks in the book were so childish. Then, I had to remind myself that they were in their early 20s..some of the foolishness in the book was just that...FOOLISHNESS! I think I'm mad with myself for being so into it...because NOW, I HAVE to read the next one! I like drama filled books but this was a little much for me...Some things I never saw coming...well..most of it I never saw coming! Good story...so now, I'm putting the next one in line to be read!
Tia
Jan 30, 2015 Tia rated it really liked it
This story was an ongoing roundabout of infidelity, deception, lies and jealousy. The three main characters Troy, Dahlia and Nitrah were a blast to read about. There were so many different stories within stories your mind never stops being jolted from one shock to another. "The Ultimate No NO" is no slouch of a story. Just when you are hoping for happily ever after, you wont get it. I had a whopping bit of fun with this one. Pick it up, you wont be disappointed!
Terri
Jun 14, 2011 Terri rated it really liked it
I picked this book up this past weekend at the NBBF. I started reading it the night before I left and I finished it on the plane ride home. It was a great story. The ending was a shocker and I cannot wait to start reading the second part. Boy am I mad that I put it in with my books I shipped back home.
Brooklyn Donne
May 17, 2011 Brooklyn Donne rated it it was amazing
crazy..troyon was the biggest mess out of all of them!
Rahiem Brooks
Mar 14, 2011 Rahiem Brooks rated it it was amazing
Dahlia's heart was snatched from her by Troyon. Why? So, that he could...But what he really does is gut-wrenching and begs Dahlia to elicit one of her four girlfriends, Nitrah, to conspire with her for revenge. But Troyon not only has his w...ay with them in the bedroom, he possibly has a woman close to them both pregnant. AND THEN THIS PLAYA FALLS IN LOVE, because of a scam. They share everything and the web of lies & deceit explodes emotionally and violently amongst them.

Usually a scam lea
Lyfe  Changes
Oct 27, 2011 Lyfe Changes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Young Black and Educated....but there's alway's misteps and CRAZINESS when you limit yourself to a small LOCATION.... The girl's seem to be wild yet causious which is an interesting contradiction...The CHOICE IN THIS BOOK WAS BEYOND THE ULTIMATE NO NO...at the the same time THE ULTIMATE was actually committed by someone other than the friends which really didn't play out well and was kind of unecessary to the story..continuing on to the The Ultimate series as Nitrah is really interesting and a ...more
Yolanda Knight
Jun 18, 2013 Yolanda Knight rated it it was amazing
Review
The Ultimate No, No
Author: Tamika Newhouse
What would you do if your Bestfriend asked you to start dating a guy that she once had a relationship with to get revenge because things didn't work out? Well this is the game that Four friends Dahlia, Nitrah, Jazzaray and Charmaine will play. Will this really turn out to be the Ultimate No, No?

I really loved this book, I couldn't put it down, it had a lot of excitement starting from page 1 to the very end. It did have a few missed words(3) but it
Monica White
Jun 27, 2015 Monica White rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-ficton
You'll love this

I finally had the opportunity to read this and was not disappointed. A childish prank by college girls leads to waves of heartache. I find it refreshing that unlike every other urban novel that I've read there it's no drug dealer our crack head in sight. Unfortunately, these suffer from indecisiveness through a stream of life changing decisions. I read through it in about a day and a half; though it wouldn't have taken so long if I wouldn't have been so exasperated that I had to
African Americans on the Move Book Club
The Ultimate No No Delivers
Reader Rating See Detailed Ratings
Posted February 14, 2009, 3:26 PM EST: Betrayal, families torn apart, friendships tested. The Ultimate No, No has all of this to offer and more. Author Tamika Newhouse has done an incredible job of penning a relatable, drama filled story.

You¿ll cry with, root for, sympathize with, and understand her characters. There¿s enough drama, romance, and comedy to keep you entertained. The reader has lots of surprises in store.

I give it fo
Destiny Carter
Mar 14, 2011 Destiny Carter rated it really liked it
Betrayl, Familes torn apart, friendships tested. The Ultimate No No has all of this and more. Autor Tamika Newhouse has done an incredible job penning a relatable, drama filled story.
You will cry with, root for, sympathize with, and understand her charcters. There is enough drama, romance, and comedy to keep you entertained with lots of surprises in store. I give it four and a half out of five kisses.
Angelia
Dec 13, 2011 Angelia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, kindle-book
Since this was my first read by this author and was a recommendation from another book lover I decided to give it a try...This was a story about 12 very immature young men and women.....thus leaving me saying WTH are these people thinking or are they thinking at all....Will still read the series since I have them all.....Hopefully they will grow up somewhere down the line....
Steph
Jan 04, 2014 Steph rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tamika-newhouse
OMG this book had me on edge that damn joy was a trip man and I thought that Troy and Nitrah would've made it together and for D and Robert and I'm happy for Jazz and Tim char and bobby as that crazy stunt at Jazz and Tim wedding smh and I just read a sample for part2 and ummmmmm I'm so ready good job Tamika NewHouse
Johanna
Mar 14, 2011 Johanna rated it really liked it
I am on page 139 and I like it. It is down to Earth and humorous.It is good writing. I can't wait to find out how it ends. It's as good as Brenda Jackson's writing. Tamika Newhouse
Tonia
Jun 27, 2014 Tonia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Payback

The Scams that these four Women thought of was very childish.. Dahlia needed to get over the hurt that Troy did to her so she can move on. Nitrah needed to confess that she fell in love with the guy the was scamming on. Jazz & Char found love, I was happy for them.
Brittni
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's hard to find a book that I really enjoy but this was 1 of them. This was great page turner. I finished this book in 3 days which was the quickest I've ever read anything. I can't wait to read the next book.
Michelle Bass
Apr 23, 2016 Michelle Bass rated it it was amazing
This is a must read. I really enjoyed all of the characters. But Nitrah and Troyon are my favorite. I hate to see them go through so much unnecessary drama. This is my first read by Tamika Newhouse and definitely not my last. And I'm still flipping pages.
Deidre
Feb 15, 2013 Deidre rated it it was amazing
I can't really remember what this was about but I know it was good because once I read it I bought all the rest of the books in the series
Antoiinettewilliams
Jul 29, 2011 Antoiinettewilliams rated it it was amazing
I loved the boook can't wait to start reading the other part of the story. I was telling my Husband the other day i wish it was a movie to this story. Well done Tamika Newhouse
Paula Nicely-Grayson
good read to the start of a 4 book series... Reading Diva's this month's book club meeting will be poppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ebony Richardson
Apr 22, 2013 Ebony Richardson rated it liked it
This book was Ok.. Started slow but when it picked up the drama just kept coming.. gonna read part 2
joan brooks
joan brooks rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2014
Kaneisha Gerald
Kaneisha Gerald rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
Beverly Green
Beverly Green rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Detre Langhorne
Detre Langhorne rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Krystal
Krystal rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Tiffany roberts
Tiffany roberts rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2016
Baquirah
Jan 17, 2012 Baquirah rated it liked it
it was a good book
Bradley Solomon
Bradley Solomon rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
  • Now You Wanna Come Back
  • Two Tears in a Bucket (The Kennards, #1)
  • Strawberry Mansion: A Philadelphia Story
  • A Dollar Outta Fifteen Cent
  • My Son's Wife
  • Thicker Than Water 3
  • Where Did We Go Wrong Again?
  • Black Butterfly
  • Project Queen
  • Love and Consequences
  • Stud
  • Shorty Got a Thug
Tamika Newhouse is a self-published bestselling author who founded Delphine Publications, at the age of 21; Tamika appeared on various bestseller lists and won Self Published Author of the Year at the 2009 African American Literary Awards only 9 months after her debut novel. In 2010 she was inducted into Who’s who in Black San Antonio and she landed a major publishing deal without an agent and ...more
More about Tamika Newhouse...

The Ultimate Series (4 books)
  • The Ultimate Moment No Regrets