Start by marking “My Cheri Amour” as Want to Read:
My Cheri Amour

My Cheri Amour

** Some scenes are graphic in nature! Three-some sexual scenes possible! **

Can two totally different people find love?

Cherie Bonnet is the child of a gentleman planter and his placee (mixed race mistress). Diego de Aguilar was a true conquistador; a powerful duke and a captain in the Spanish Armada, and the former son-in-law of the king. From the moment he saw her, Diego
Published (first published October 18th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about My Cheri Amour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Cheri Amour

Connie
My Cherie Amour had a really good ménage story line that fell flat because of too many errors. There were improper uses of words, rushed story line in some places and dragged out in others. Mix ups of character descriptions and not enough story to justify the things that happened. I believe Ms. Azod had a knack for coming up with good story lines; they are just not always executed accordingly. She is a hit or miss author for me, but maybe this was one of her earlier works where she good have ...more
Bonita
Aug 22, 2014 Bonita rated it liked it
Wow! I really liked this book. I would have given it a strong 4-star rating but there were so many grammatical errors (which is a big turn-off for me). The story line was very interesting. I fell in love with some of the characters, hated a couple of others. There were some juicy, risque' scenes which I'll admit, I had to read and re-read and re-re-read :). I really, really love Shara Azod's writing. I've loved every book I've read by her. Wish she could get some good proof-readers.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jun 18, 2010 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it
I would have given this book more stars if it hadn't been so darn sad. Steamy sex. I like my books with a little more humor and a lot less drama, but it was a "goodread" nonetheless.

My favorite character was Luc. I wish he had been in more scenes.
--karen Green-berry
Not your typical romance- BRAB Online Book Club

I enjoyed reading this book even though it is different from any book I've read to date. It explores the complex relationship in New Orleans and elsewhere due to race, and what is tolerated.

The relationship between Amelie, Luc and Claude produced five children including Cherie. It further explored her relationship with Diego and Etienne.

The story had a lot of errors and needed to be edited but overall was a good story.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Interesting story about the class systems in the south, also the views on people, especially women, of color. Open minded sexual relations abound in this tale. Hot sex scenes, good read!!
Hasien
Sep 03, 2012 Hasien rated it liked it
Shelves: int-romance
I loved the family dynamic of this story. The relationships were very compelling. I also enjoyed the historical background that gave this story life.
Lucretia Garrett
I enjoyed this story even though it was the same story in two generations. I think there was alot of story left for both Claude, Luc & Amelie as well as Diego, Etienne & Cherie.
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
WOW!!! I enjoyed it, maybe alil more than I should, but I did.(blushin) Cherie, Etienne and Diego were umm... yeah... interesting. LMAO, that's all I can say.
Csummerrein01
Csummerrein01 rated it liked it
May 16, 2010
Alicia
Alicia rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2010
Melisa Dunn
Melisa Dunn rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2009
Natalie A.
Natalie A. rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Qiana
Qiana rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2012
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2009
--karen Green-berry
--karen Green-berry rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2014
Dee's Reading nook
Dee's Reading nook rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Trina
Trina rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2009
mitei
mitei rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2013
Kellymacc
Kellymacc rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2009
Kinderlyn Pettet
Kinderlyn Pettet rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Zina Barnum
Zina Barnum rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Trina
Trina rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2010
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2011
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
SEM
SEM rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Jamilla_
Jamilla_ rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Wanda Dixon
Wanda Dixon rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2009
Angelia
Angelia rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Madnez Aisha  Tak
Madnez Aisha Tak rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
I was born in Florida, grew up in Southern California, and has lived all over the world. I am a total Marine brat, Navy vet, and the wife of a Navy lifer, I have visited four of
the world's seven continents. My favorite destinations are Paris, Hong Kong, Bahrain,
the United Arab Emirates and Catania.

I married a real life cowboy and has two beautiful children. Currently reside
in the South, I enjoy th