Start by marking “Fire in the Blood (Vampire Files, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fire in the Blood (Vampire Files, #5)

Fire in the Blood (Vampire Files #5)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  643 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When vampire detective Jack Fleming is hired by the wealthy Sebastian Pierce to recover a priceless heirloom bracelet, he eyes his reward in Pierce's daughter, an enticing girl with a hot-headed boyfriend.
Published June 1st 1991 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Fire in the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire in the Blood

Tail of the Devil by Danielle DeVorInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceDracula by Bram StokerThe Vampire Lestat by Anne RiceThe Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice
Fantastic Vampire Fiction
75th out of 94 books — 64 voters
Interview with the Vampire by Anne RiceThe Vampire Lestat by Anne RiceThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Historian by Elizabeth KostovaWild Seed by Octavia E. Butler
Favorite Immortals - Non Romance
29th out of 57 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Kati
The worst book in the series yet. Not only was the plot kinda boring, Jack's sudden bad reaction to hypnosis, his woe is me whining, his reluctance to come clean to Escott and the way everybody and their uncle suddenly managed to get the drop on him made me actually dislike him a bit and that has never happened before. Jack is quite a likable, sweet guy so this... this was a real shock. The most interesting part was the introduction of Kyler. I'm curious where that storyline's headed.

Overall, qu
Cathi
Starting to lose interest in this series, I have the next one on hold at the library so I'll probably read it, but unless it's great I don't know if I'll read any more.
Christie
The book was easy to read and I did like how it seemed that Jack had grown toward a little more maturity, but that quickly diminishes. He ends up getting hurt way too easy and ends up being kind of whiny. It also seemed that the case really had nothing to do with the bracelet, it was just a regular murder investigation through most of the book and seemed kind of hellbent on more revenge than anything.
Issam
Honestly, I just skimmed through after the first third of the book. I almost never do this, and if this had been my introduction to the series, I probably would have stopped entirely. Luckily, I enjoyed the first arc (Books #1-3) quite a bit, and there's enough of a nostalgic vibe to give the series another shot.

Skip this one though—It's recapped well enough in the next book.
Kimberly
One of the best vampire stories I've read. There's a little romance (it's really hard to find a vampire story that doesn't), but it is 90% very entertaining story line. If you like this genre, I would not pass these novels up.
Kathy Davie
1930s noir and a vampire with a heart who interacts with the mob.

P. N. Elrod is amazing in her depiction of the time period. You can see, smell, feel, and hear it as you read.
Arlene Allen
If I can get one person, who reads urban fantasy, to go back and read this series, I'll have done my job as a reader, reviewer and librarian.
Nessa Stubblefield
Introducing some interesting characters. Curious about how they'll tie in later.
Kevin Connery
Not as much a serial this time, though it does end leaving the plot open.
Helen
another good series novel
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Cheri Edwards
Cheri Edwards marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Estelle
Estelle marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Shanna Allen
Shanna Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
  • Keeper of the King (Ethical Vampires #1)
  • Blood Rites (Austra Family, #3)
  • Paint it Black (Sonja Blue, #3)
  • An Old Friend of the Family (Dracula Series, #3)
  • States of Grace (Saint-Germain, #18)
  • Blood Lines (Vicki Nelson, #3)
  • The Dead Travel Fast: Stalking Vampires from Nosferatu to Count Chocula
  • One Foot in the Grave (The Halflife Chronicles, #1)
  • Vampire Junction
Patricia Nead Elrod is an American fantasy writer specializing in novels about vampires. Her work falls into areas of fantasy and (in some cases) mystery or historical fiction, but normally not horror, since her vampires are the heroes. -Wikipedia
More about P.N. Elrod...

Vampire Files (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Bloodlist (Vampire Files, #1)
  • Lifeblood (Vampire Files, #2)
  • Bloodcircle (Vampire Files, #3)
  • Art in the Blood (Vampire Files, #4)
  • Blood on the Water (Vampire Files, #6)
  • A Chill in the Blood (Vampire Files, #7)
  • The Dark Sleep (Vampire Files, #8)
  • Lady Crymsyn (Vampire Files, #9)
  • Cold Streets (Vampire Files, #10)
  • Song in the Dark (Vampire Files, #11)
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (There Be Pirates, #1; Kit and Olivia, #2; Nightcreature, #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #6.1; The Dresden Files, #7.5; Dark-Hunter, #6.25) Strange Brew My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon Dark and Stormy Knights Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)