Start by marking “Fire in the Blood (Vampire Files, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fire in the Blood (Vampire Files, #5)

Fire in the Blood (Vampire Files #5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  598 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When vampire detective Jack Fleming is hired by the wealthy Sebastian Pierce to recover a priceless heirloom bracelet, he eyes his reward in Pierce's daughter, an enticing girl with a hot-headed boyfriend.
Published June 1st 1991 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Fire in the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire in the Blood

Kati
The worst book in the series yet. Not only was the plot kinda boring, Jack's sudden bad reaction to hypnosis, his woe is me whining, his reluctance to come clean to Escott and the way everybody and their uncle suddenly managed to get the drop on him made me actually dislike him a bit and that has never happened before. Jack is quite a likable, sweet guy so this... this was a real shock. The most interesting part was the introduction of Kyler. I'm curious where that storyline's headed.

Overall, qu
Kimberly
One of the best vampire stories I've read. There's a little romance (it's really hard to find a vampire story that doesn't), but it is 90% very entertaining story line. If you like this genre, I would not pass these novels up.
Kathy Davie
1930s noir and a vampire with a heart who interacts with the mob.

P. N. Elrod is amazing in her depiction of the time period. You can see, smell, feel, and hear it as you read.
Cathi
Starting to lose interest in this series, I have the next one on hold at the library so I'll probably read it, but unless it's great I don't know if I'll read any more.
Arlene Allen
If I can get one person, who reads urban fantasy, to go back and read this series, I'll have done my job as a reader, reviewer and librarian.
Nessa Stubblefield
Introducing some interesting characters. Curious about how they'll tie in later.
Kevin Connery
Not as much a serial this time, though it does end leaving the plot open.
Helen
another good series novel
Dawson
Dawson marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Askani
Askani marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Nikki Fulton
Nikki Fulton marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Julie Deisher-Edwards
Julie Deisher-Edwards marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Joyce
Joyce added it
Nov 08, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
  • Keeper of the King (Ethical Vampires #1)
  • Blood Rites (Austra Family, #3)
  • An Old Friend of the Family (Dracula Series, #3)
  • Paint it Black (Sonja Blue, #3)
  • States of Grace (Saint-Germain, #18)
  • Blood Lines (Vicki Nelson, #3)
  • The Dead Travel Fast: Stalking Vampires from Nosferatu to Count Chocula
  • The Golden
  • Vampire Junction
  • One Foot in the Grave (The Halflife Chronicles, #1)
Patricia Nead Elrod is an American fantasy writer specializing in novels about vampires. Her work falls into areas of fantasy and (in some cases) mystery or historical fiction, but normally not horror, since her vampires are the heroes. -Wikipedia
More about P.N. Elrod...
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (There Be Pirates, #1; Kit and Olivia, #2; Nightcreature, #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #6.1; The Dresden Files, #7.5; Dark-Hunter, #6.25) Strange Brew My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon Dark and Stormy Knights Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)