Live and Learn and Pass It on: People Ages 5 to 95 Share What They've Discovered about Life, Love, and Other Good Stuff

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In this New York Times bestseller, people ages 5 to 95 share what they've learned about successful living.
Published April 1st 1992 by Rutledge Hill Press (first published 1991)

Emran
کتابی عالی که تجربیات افراد مختلف را نه در قالب پند بلکه در قالب صحبت هایی دوستانه بیان می کند و مخاطب احساس همزاد پنداری با تمام گویند گان جملات این کتاب می کند . من این کتاب را از یکی ازعزیز ترین دوستانم هدیه گرفتم و جمله او را که در آخر آن نوشته می نویسم ، البته لازم به ذکر است این کتاب با نام من آموختم با جلد آبی زیبایی توسط خانم سمیرا رنجبریان ترجمه و توسط نشر میترا چاپ شده است.
دوست عزیرم در اخر این کتاب نوشته بود که من آموختم بالاترین و فو ق العاده ترین احساس در یک رابطه این است که خدت باش...more
Lesley
A breezy little read. Some of the quotes are pretty clever. A couple of my favorites:

"I've learned there's no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs."

"I've learned that meeting interesting people depends less on where you go and more on who you are."
Erin
What can you not learn from this book?

Ok, there are a katrillion things, but it is seriously wonderful. To be cliche: it makes you laugh, it might make you cry, and it's wonderfully pure and simple.
Pam
This was a quick hour read but one that has made me think. How would I end the sentence, "I've learned that......"? Some of the quotes from the book reflect my same opinion at different times in my life. I particulary enjoyed reading the quotes from the younger and older people. A six year old noticed that peas spread out over his plate look smaller than when left in a pile. An ninety year old stated that he wasn't sure what the most important thing about living life is.
HeavyReader
Nov 11, 2008 HeavyReader rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who have a few minutes and need other people to suggest how they should live
Shelves: misc
This is one of those little inspirational advice books. I got it for free at the tail end of the Fall '08 Friends of the Library book sale.

It was ok. Some of the advice made me smile, especially the advice from little kids. However, I would never spend money on a book like this.

Maybe I will send it to my mom for Christmas.
Emma (Miss Print)
Jun 01, 2007 Emma (Miss Print) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: quote collectors
It's a fun little book to flip through. Some of the stuff comes off as cliche, but a lot of it rings true. I even have my own information to add: I have learned that headphones melt if you store them wrapped around your desk lamp.
Sharon
I love to keep this little book around. I like to just open it from time to time and read a few "lessons."
Farzaneh
Feb 18, 2008 Farzaneh rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Farzaneh by: my cousin
So nice ...every body can get some special from it
Saad Khan
How do i download it? On my iphone app?
Faraz
a weird, wrong book. and very akward
Sharon
Fun book to have around.
Kouch
Kouch marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Milcah
Milcah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Mylene Demetrio
Mylene Demetrio marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Antoine McNary
Antoine McNary marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Ariadna Jacob
Ariadna Jacob marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Taha Habib
Taha Habib marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
May 04, 2014
Mlaboss
Mlaboss marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Nichole Shimunek
Nichole Shimunek marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Puisi Pancara
Puisi Pancara marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Date of Birth: 1940

H. Jackson Brown, Jr. is an American author best-known for his book Life's Little Instruction Book which was a New York Times bestseller. Before becoming famous as a writer, Brown acted as a creative director of an advertising agency in Nashville, Tennessee. It was simple words of wisdom gathered from other people and his own experiences that made him a best-selling author.

Brown...more
More about H. Jackson Brown Jr....
Life's Little Instruction Book: 511 Suggestions, Observations, and Reminders on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life Complete Lifes Little Instruction Bk Leather Bound P.S. I Love You إرشادات الحياة القصيرة Life's Little Instruction Book, Volume II