Start by marking “Bridget Fidget and The Most Perfect Pet” as Want to Read:
Bridget Fidget and The Most Perfect Pet

Bridget Fidget and The Most Perfect Pet

Princess Viola aims to trade her fiesty moves for frilly princess skills in this picture book that zip-zup-zooms!Though great at skateboarding, karate chopping, and splashing into the moat, Princess Viola is lousy at the royal wave, walk, and waltz. The king and queen are not pleased. What's a princess to do? Accept an invitation to Camp Princess, of course. There she can
Published June 11th 2009 by Dial Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bridget Fidget and The Most Perfect Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridget Fidget and The Most Perfect Pet

Bridget R. Wilson
Jun 04, 2010 Bridget R. Wilson rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books, pets
Bridget Fidget wants a pet more than anything. She wants a particular kind of pet—a unicorn. She will name it Thunderhooves. When a large box is delivered, Bridget is ecstatic. Surely it is her unicorn. The large box contains a multitude of packing peanuts and a small box. Bridget adjusts her idea of the perfect pet to a mouse. But is a mouse really in the box?

What I thought: Absolutely delightful. I couldn’t resist reading a book in which the main character shares my name. Bridget is just want
Kelli
I found this to be a fantastic read-aloud with kindergartners. They related to the idea of wanting a pet. The word choices build vocabulary, and there are action words that are fun to act out in the telling of the story. Best of all, it is not predictable. Fun, fun, fun. One that I will add to my repertoire.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Aug 26, 2009 Joella www.cinjoella.com rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, pets, bugs
Totally great! Bridget Fidget wants a pet...a pet unicorn to be specific. She will call him Thunderhooves. Totally funny. Kids will laugh at what happens. Read this for storytime. Read this for bedtime. Read this over and over again!
Peacegal
Dec 23, 2016 Peacegal rated it liked it
3.5 stars -- Goofy, joyful illustrations and a silly storyline will catch and hold kids' attention.
Brooke
Oct 13, 2016 Brooke rated it it was ok
Shelves: bugs, pets
This was an awkward book to read, not bad necessarily but it didn't flow smoothly.
Megan
Oct 03, 2013 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eng-261
This book had me laughing in stitches and reminding me of when I was young. I always wanted something that I could not have, like Bridget wanting the pet unicorn, but that would never happen. So when I saw big boxes for Christmas or my birthday, I immediately thought it was something more extravagant than it really was. The whimsy aspect of this book is very appealing. All children have a crazy imagination but are also very creative when it comes to gifts that are not as exuberant. Often, childr ...more
Gabrial Olson
Sep 30, 2012 Gabrial Olson rated it it was ok
Bridget Fidget really wants a new pet. She wakes up one morning to the mail and has a big package waiting for her. She is trying to guess what kind of pet she just got in the mail as she is opening the first big box. In the big box was a little box, Bridget is still guessing what kind of pet could fit in such a box. Once she opens the box she realizes what her present was... a cuckoo clock.

This would appeal to younger elementary grades (K or 1st grade). It would be fun to ask the students what
Dolly
Mar 14, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, pets, 2012
Who doesn't love the anticipation of opening up a big box with a present inside and wondering what it could be. Bridget considers all kinds of possibilities...a unicorn, a penguin and even a mouse, but she does not expect what is actually inside the box. Overall, we thought this was a clever and entertaining story and the illustrations are hilarious. We loved the scene where the foam packing peanuts are everywhere in the kitchen and the tape that marked the box as fragile and handle with care ar ...more
Relyn
Jun 24, 2015 Relyn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teachers, parents, kids
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted on my library's website
Shelves: lawsonland
This is a super-fun romp of a read, perfect for every child who feels like they just don't quite measure up.

Lesson Connections
I plan to use this as a discussion starter for owning and naming our own talents. We'll talk about how fitting in isn't always best, but believing in yourself is always perfect.
Keris
Mar 25, 2014 Keris rated it really liked it
We really enjoyed this one. The story's pretty slight (Joe was disappointed in the "pet") but the energy of the illustrations makes up for it. The illustrations reminded me of Eloise, which is never a bad thing.
Allison
"Bridget Fidget had always wanted a pet unicorn called Thunderhooves" might just be the greatest opening line of all time. Very hip, retro illustrations. Not sure the storyline is all that great, though.
Anna
Feb 08, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This was a funny and adorable picture book. Bridget is delightfully impractical but also an almost incurable optimist.
Allison
Jan 14, 2010 Allison rated it liked it
Bridget Fidget wants a pet unicorn! Does she get it, or something better?

Love Bridget Fidget, and hope there are more to come.
Valerie
Short story line - pictures that will carry well to a large audience. themes: pets, imagination, families
Natalie
Oct 05, 2009 Natalie rated it it was ok
A tasmanian devil of a girl wants a unicorn, has a short encounter with a box, then ends up with a cuckoo clock. Did you get all that?
Robin
Jun 28, 2014 Robin rated it liked it
Bridget Fidget desperately wants a pet. When a box arrives, she imagines several pets that could be inside but ends up with one she hadn't thought of.
Kristen
Aug 07, 2009 Kristen rated it liked it
This was cute - fun art, fun story - and for parents who are constantly harangued with the "I want a pet!" cry, it's nice that the perfect pet in the end is a ladybug.
Caroline
A humorous story about a girl who wants a unicorn but when a package comes to her house she finds only a box inside. What kind of pet would be found in a little box?
Dona
Jan 31, 2012 Dona rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Bridget Fidget is hoping for a pet unicorn but gets something entirely different. She makes the most of it though so kudos to Bridget!
Cassandra
Mar 08, 2016 Cassandra rated it liked it
Funny little story. We enjoyed it more than the other story we read that night, though this one still wasn't memorable.
Snowy Class
May 09, 2013 Snowy Class rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We liked the pictures and the surprise ending. The children were also very impressed that we had a signed copy to look at.
Chanae
Chanae rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Gabe
Gabe rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2013
Jody
Jody rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
jenna nims
jenna nims rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Caroline
Caroline rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Emily Noel
Emily Noel rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Amanda B
Amanda B rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Joe Berger is the illustrator of Hubble Bubble Granny Trouble.

When Joe Berger was sixteen, his mum admonished him for “doing nothing but whizzing about entertaining himself”.

Now in his early forties, Joe continues to whizz about entertaining himself – but tries to include as many other people as he can in the process – as a children’s author, illustrator and cartoonist who also makes the occasiona
More about Joe Berger...