Start by marking “Torn (Randall Shane #3)” as Want to Read:
Torn   (Randall Shane #3)

Torn (Randall Shane #3)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In a small New York town, a deranged man holds over one hundred schoolchildren hostage...With the SWAT team about to go in, the gymnasium suddenly explodes in flames. Fortunately, all the students escape--except ten-year-old Noah Corbin. Noah's mother, Haley, is frantic. Was her son killed in the explosion? Did he somehow wander away from the scene, hurt and confused?

Or di
Published February 1st 2009 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn

Charlie Marston
Not the best of books, certainly not the worst, I found the first part far more interesting than the the middle and the end. To be quite honest the suspense and questions at the start is the only reason I proceeded. I like the way it was wrote, like some of the other people commented, it didn't drone on like lots of books do with unecessary details.

---'Spoiler alert ----

I found it quite predictable, I guessed it was the teacher who was in on it, I guess after the explosion that the child wasn't
Shera Melton
I have had this book sitting on my self for more than a year. I never read it because the back didn't draw me in. It just seemed cliche and boring. But when I actually started reading it, I was surprised to find it wasn't what I was expected. I loved the way it was written. The short passages that jump around a lot were fun and really kept me interested. I also really liked that the mother's sections were from her point of view. She wasn't whiny, or crying, and there wasn't page after page of in ...more
Axel Wilson Nydén
A pretty OK book; I liked it. Not particularly well-written--at least not the translated version I read (Swedish) but all right all the same. A fascinating book, and a bit scary at times, too.
T.M. Carper
Once I started, I had a hard time stopping with this book. It was great to see Shane again. The cult business took a little getting used to, but the entire novel blends together by the end.

Eva the Diva is diabolical and it doesn't surprise me that she was behind just abut every event in the novel.

A great thriller. Not my favorite Chris Jordan book, but still worth the read.
Pat
Look, it wasn't that bad . But after reading Chris Jordan's other books it was much the same formula and therefore quite derivative. I enjoy the Shane Randall character but there were no surprises in this book, no twists and no need to guess who the baddies were.
I would have rated it higher if it had been the first book I'd read from this author but after two others along the same lines I suggest it's for a change.
Ann Marie
I picked this book up by accident...I ordered 'Torn'
by Amber Lehman ...It was a good story...it has been so long since I read anything like it...I am prompted to go and get his two previous books...a story of a mothers love and instinct...not believeing her son was killed one mother takes it upon herself to find him...it is a quick story...really not much time inbetween the action...I would recommend it
Grace
I really enjoyed this book. It started off slowly and I did consider giving up especially after reading some of the other reviews, however I don't like not finishing books and I'm really glad that I persevered because I really got into it and couldn't put it down. I finished this book in 2 days.
Dawn
I liked it. good story line. i liked all the twist and turns that the book gave you to the story. every time you thought you figured things out something else happened.
Jan
It started off very slow and I was not sure that I would finish it, but I'm so pleased I keep on reading enjoyed it in the end
Karen
I made it to page 80 but unfortunately couldn't get interested in this one.
Nikki
An enjoyable page turner.
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Sabine Deryckere
Sabine Deryckere is currently reading it
May 07, 2015
Kelby Collier
Kelby Collier marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Holly
Holly is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2015
Amber Howard
Amber Howard marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Brenda Benoit
Brenda Benoit marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
ci
ci marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Is book original? 2 5 Jan 18, 2012 05:48AM
  • Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)
  • Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter, #2)
  • Silver Falls
  • We Are Not Good People
  • Maps of Hell
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Romeo Spikes
  • The Nomination
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Reality Ends Here
  • Reconstructing Brigid
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • The Reluctant Reaper  (The Reluctant Reaper, #1)
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • Carniepunk: Parlor Tricks (Elemental Assassin #8.1)
  • Night of the Vampires (Vampire Hunters #2)
  • This Dark Earth
  • So Close the Hand of Death (Taylor Jackson, #6 )
Aka Rodman Philbrick, William R. Dantz, W.R. Philbrick

Rodman Philbrick is an outstanding author who has won the prestigious American Library Association Best Book for Young Adults and Quick Pick Awards. Freak the Mighty has been made into a Hollywood film.

Librarian Note: There are several authors in the GoodReads database with this name.

Artist/Photographer Chris Jordan
Pastor Chris Jordan

More about Chris Jordan...

Randall Shane (4 books)
  • Taken (Randall Shane, #1)
  • Trapped  (Randall Shane #2)
  • Measure of Darkness (Randall Shane #4)
Taken (Randall Shane, #1) Trapped  (Randall Shane #2) Measure of Darkness (Randall Shane #4) Thriller e-bundel 4-in-1