Start by marking “Torn (Randall Shane, #3)” as Want to Read:
Torn   (Randall Shane, #3)

Torn (Randall Shane #3)

In a small New York town, a deranged man holds over one hundred schoolchildren hostage...With the SWAT team about to go in, the gymnasium suddenly explodes in flames. Fortunately, all the students escape--except ten-year-old Noah Corbin. Noah's mother, Haley, is frantic. Was her son killed in the explosion? Did he somehow wander away from the scene, hurt and confused?

Or di
Published February 1st 2009 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn

Gabe
Jan 27, 2017 Gabe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining book based on the same familiar theme used by this author as someones child is kidnapped and our main protagonist is trying to save the victim while helping the mother cope with the whole ordeal... not bad if you like this style of thriller suspense...
*Lily's*
Jan 02, 2012 *Lily's* rated it really liked it
***
Shera Melton
May 23, 2013 Shera Melton rated it liked it
I have had this book sitting on my self for more than a year. I never read it because the back didn't draw me in. It just seemed cliche and boring. But when I actually started reading it, I was surprised to find it wasn't what I was expected. I loved the way it was written. The short passages that jump around a lot were fun and really kept me interested. I also really liked that the mother's sections were from her point of view. She wasn't whiny, or crying, and there wasn't page after page of in ...more
Charlie Marston
Aug 12, 2014 Charlie Marston rated it liked it
Not the best of books, certainly not the worst, I found the first part far more interesting than the the middle and the end. To be quite honest the suspense and questions at the start is the only reason I proceeded. I like the way it was wrote, like some of the other people commented, it didn't drone on like lots of books do with unecessary details.

---'Spoiler alert ----

I found it quite predictable, I guessed it was the teacher who was in on it, I guess after the explosion that the child wasn't
T.M. Carper
Once I started, I had a hard time stopping with this book. It was great to see Shane again. The cult business took a little getting used to, but the entire novel blends together by the end.

Eva the Diva is diabolical and it doesn't surprise me that she was behind just abut every event in the novel.

A great thriller. Not my favorite Chris Jordan book, but still worth the read.
Pat
Feb 18, 2012 Pat rated it it was ok
Look, it wasn't that bad . But after reading Chris Jordan's other books it was much the same formula and therefore quite derivative. I enjoy the Shane Randall character but there were no surprises in this book, no twists and no need to guess who the baddies were.
I would have rated it higher if it had been the first book I'd read from this author but after two others along the same lines I suggest it's for a change.
Ann Marie
Jun 01, 2010 Ann Marie rated it really liked it
I picked this book up by accident...I ordered 'Torn'
by Amber Lehman ...It was a good story...it has been so long since I read anything like it...I am prompted to go and get his two previous books...a story of a mothers love and instinct...not believeing her son was killed one mother takes it upon herself to find him...it is a quick story...really not much time inbetween the action...I would recommend it
Grace
Nov 16, 2011 Grace rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-read
I really enjoyed this book. It started off slowly and I did consider giving up especially after reading some of the other reviews, however I don't like not finishing books and I'm really glad that I persevered because I really got into it and couldn't put it down. I finished this book in 2 days.
Jan
Mar 14, 2014 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It started off very slow and I was not sure that I would finish it, but I'm so pleased I keep on reading enjoyed it in the end
Axel Wilson Nydén
Apr 21, 2015 Axel Wilson Nydén rated it it was ok
A pretty OK book; I liked it. Not particularly well-written--at least not the translated version I read (Swedish) but all right all the same. A fascinating book, and a bit scary at times, too.
Dawn
Feb 08, 2012 Dawn rated it liked it
I liked it. good story line. i liked all the twist and turns that the book gave you to the story. every time you thought you figured things out something else happened.
Tinamarie
Mar 20, 2016 Tinamarie rated it it was amazing
This book was so difficult to put down. It had intrigue, adventure, and made you feel as you were watching the story unfold in person. I highly recommend this book!
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2009
Karen
Mar 28, 2009 Karen rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I made it to page 80 but unfortunately couldn't get interested in this one.
Tricia
Tricia rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Charlotte Seth
Charlotte Seth rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Trish
Trish rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2010
A
A rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2011
Abe Sammy
Abe Sammy rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2011
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2010
Zach wormington
Zach wormington rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2010
Coleen Marlo
Mar 06, 2014 Coleen Marlo rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kaylie
Kaylie rated it liked it
May 12, 2012
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2010
Aasiya
Aasiya rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2011
Camilla
Camilla rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2011
Steph
Steph rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Is book original? 2 5 Jan 18, 2012 05:48AM
  • The Nameless Dead
  • Don't Say a Word
  • Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)
  • Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter, #2)
  • Owl and the Electric Samurai (Adventures of Owl, #3)
  • No Excuses: A Memoir
  • Silver Falls
  • Fixer (The Ustari Cycle, #0.5)
  • Reconstructing Brigid
  • Romeo Spikes
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • IMAGINES: Celebrity Encounters Starring You
  • SEAL Survival Guide: A Navy SEAL's Secrets to Surviving Any Disaster
  • Hexomancy (Ree Reyes, #3)
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • Reality Ends Here
Aka Rodman Philbrick, William R. Dantz, W.R. Philbrick

Rodman Philbrick is an outstanding author who has won the prestigious American Library Association Best Book for Young Adults and Quick Pick Awards. Freak the Mighty has been made into a Hollywood film.

Librarian Note: There are several authors in the GoodReads database with this name.

Artist/Photographer Chris Jordan
Pastor Chris Jordan

More about Chris Jordan...

Randall Shane (4 books)
  • Taken (Randall Shane, #1)
  • Trapped  (Randall Shane, #2)
  • Measure of Darkness (Randall Shane, #4)