Start by marking “Hats Off to Hair!” as Want to Read:
Hats Off to Hair!

Hats Off to Hair!

How do you wear your hair -- braided with beads, blowing in the breeze, or short as can be? This lively look shows us that no matter how you wear it, hair is an important part of you.
Published March 1st 1995 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 1995)

Paula Heller
This book is made for everyone. As a teacher, you should have this book in your classroom. It teaches children, that everyone is different; not everyone is made the same. We all have different kinds of hair, and some of us don't have any hair at all. It's neat to look at all the different hair types in the story. The book reminds us that we are all unique and that we need to embrace what God gave us. It's a great book to boost self-esteem in children.
Yohan Choi
* Young readers would love to read this book who are interested in different races. This book contains the multi-cultural society.

* I think this book is good for girls because they used to like to do and wear some hair-do.

* I liked the every details on braided with beads what girls are doing every day.

Keren
Jun 17, 2014 Keren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: peer-instructor
Great book to read to young children on the subject of locks for hope. Emphasizing that we all have different types of hair because we are all different, but we all can be a help to someone in need. This book is also good addressing multicultrual differences.
Monae
Jun 30, 2014 Monae rated it really liked it
Shelves: peer-instructor
I think that this was a very good book. I really like how Virginia Kroll made a book about differences besides skin color or where we are born. I thought this was a very creative concept. Hair is a big way to show difference. Everyone wears their hair in different colors or different styles.
Natalie
Appropriate for ages five and six. Everybody is different on the outside but the same on the inside.
Jacquie Leighton
Jacquie Leighton rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Taahirah
Taahirah rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Zehra Laljiani
Zehra Laljiani rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Denise Thomas
Denise Thomas rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Holly N.
Holly N. rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Supermarla
Supermarla rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2011
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Tracie
Tracie added it
Feb 13, 2015
Melanie Castillo
Melanie Castillo marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Bookshelf Study
Bookshelf Study marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Jen
Jen added it
Dec 19, 2015
62022
Kroll has written numerous children's books since her career started in the mid-80's. Her first book was published in 1992. She started writing when she had her fourth child. Before that, she taught elementary school in Buffalo, NY. She also has written a number of books under the pseudonym Melrose Cooper to mask her tremendous output in so short a time.
More about Virginia L. Kroll...