Start by marking “Fitness Is Religion Keep the Faith” as Want to Read:
Fitness Is Religion Keep the Faith

Fitness Is Religion Keep the Faith

"There are no rules. All you need is dedication." These words from Madonna's introduction to Ray Kybartas's "Fitness Is Religion" effectively sum up the philosophy behind this renowned trainer's approach to exercise and health. In this refreshingly different book, we learn that fitness is a life's journey, a deep and soul satisfying process. No amount of discipline, ...more
Published November 13th 1997 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Fitness Is Religion Keep the Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fitness Is Religion Keep the Faith

Greg
Feb 25, 2008 Greg rated it it was amazing
"Beauty is superficial and fleeting, but health is profound and lasting." "Exercise is like prayer--there's no reason to pray if you're not a believer."

~Madonna

For the other ninety percent of us that aren’t “tens”, there is something that can improve our looks more than anything we can buy. It’s called fitness. Fitness has the ability to make our body look its best, and more importantly, condition our mind and attitude for the best benefits. And if we don’t want to through life yo-yoing from on
Farhana Faruq
May 26, 2011 Farhana Faruq rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health-fitness
I picked this book up because of the title, which I very much agree with. It was a really good read. A little different from your usual 'fitness' book, in that it's very motivational as well as includes lots of great pointers.

There wasn't much a I didn't like about this book.. and here is what I liked:

- It makes it clear..they are NO SHORT CUTS (i.e: magic pill, etc.)
- Mentions "The Zone" diet as being superior - however clearly states you need to "construct a diet and lifestyle the suits your o
Maria
Feb 09, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! The author is a well known personal trainer among famous people. Currently he trains Madonna. When I first saw this book, I didn't want to pick it up because the title seemed a bit sacreligious to me. But I went back to it and am so glad I did. He talks about fitness as it relates to mind, body, and spirit. It is so important to be physically fit and that means different levels for different people.
Erica
Feb 29, 2016 Erica rated it it was amazing
This was a very basic and simple guide perfect for me to refer to while I'm working out :-) this guy seems to know his stuff. Also a very positive book to help get you motivated to get moving and/or keep moving! Would recommend to anyone, especially those starting out with their road to fitness and are unsure of where to start.
Elizabeth
Jan 27, 2009 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Great book for motivation. THe author uses religion as a metaphor for the practice of fitness. Whatever form that may take. His focus is on health, rather than being size x. It is solid basic information, delivered in an insp[iring way. I highly recommend this book.
Aisa Jones
Jan 15, 2014 Aisa Jones rated it really liked it
Very good book for begining a fitness lifestyle. It explains the nutrition profile in a manner that makes it easy to commit to clean eating.
Geoffrey Harden
Jun 28, 2008 Geoffrey Harden added it
Recommends it for: Emmanual Fliakas
This is a very enlightening book. Puts it in perspective that our body is like a temple. The saying before going to workout, "Let's Go to Church"!, is wonderful. Book is helpful and very basic.
glossglitzglamour
glossglitzglamour rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Bryan Burkholder
Bryan Burkholder rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
George
George rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Ken
Ken rated it it was ok
May 15, 2014
Harrison
Harrison rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Ana
Ana rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2009
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2007
Oscar Vazquez
Oscar Vazquez rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2014
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2008
Elyse
Elyse rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2016
Shari Wright
Shari Wright rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2007
Nicole J. Butler
Nicole J. Butler rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Jenni Crook
Jenni Crook rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2010
Sarah Nourse
Sarah Nourse rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2012
Ashley Neff
Ashley Neff rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2007
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2008
Jim Murphy
Jim Murphy rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2008
Gregg
Gregg rated it did not like it
Sep 15, 2016
Aaron
Aaron rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Rico
Rico rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Randy
Randy rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2012