Acts of Mercy (Mercy Street #3)

Acts of Mercy (Mercy Street #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,376 ratings  ·  56 reviews
From "New York Times "bestselling author Mariah Stewart comes a novel of sexy romantic suspense for fans of Nora Roberts, Catherine Coulter, and Karen Robards.
Former FBI agent Sam Delvecchio brings the keen skills of a profiler to his new position as a Mercy Street Foundation operative-and not a moment too soon. His first assignment, the cold-case murder of a local soup k...more
Published August 25th 2009 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2009)

Bone Crossed by Patricia BriggsIron Kissed by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsBlood Bound by Patricia BriggsThe Help by Kathryn Stockett
Best Books Read in 2009
103rd out of 122 books — 24 voters
Me Before You by Jojo MoyesThe House at Riverton by Kate MortonThe Help by Kathryn StockettThe Distant Hours by Kate MortonThe Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
2013: The Over 35s favourite books of 2013
454th out of 462 books — 80 voters

More lists with this book...

Dotti Elrick
This was a great end to the Mercy Series. I really enjoyed the book.
The Mercy Street Foundation was set up in the first book of the series, Mercy Street. It was founded by the billionaire, Robert Magellan, his cousin Father Kevin Burch and former detective Mallory Russo. The goal of the foundation is to look into cold cases that the various police departments have run out of leads on. They do this at no cost to anyone.
The foundation is still in the process of staffing all the positions. When th...more
Darcy
This book seems to be bring these 3 books to a close. The foundation is going like gangbusters and Robert is getting answers to his missing family.

I found the new guy, Sam, to be interesting, part of him was broken, part of him was healing. He could go either way with his future. Working the case helped Sam work through so many issues, I enjoyed seeing him get past those hurdles.

Robert really ran the gauntlet in what happened with him. I loved that he was finally see Suzanna as more than a frie...more
Shirley Worley
Although I really liked the first two books in the Mercy series, I found this last one riveting. It could easily be read as a stand alone because enough background information is given to avoid any confusion. The continuing saga concerning Robert's missing family is kept as a backdrop, providing momentary relief to the primary story, and is finally given some amount of closure. The main story revolves around a former FBI profiler who is trying to move beyond a tragedy in his life. Being hired by...more
Susannah Carleton
I'v read all of Mariah Stewart's books, and enjoyed them all. In this book, the third book in the Mercy Street series, I found the constant switching between the two subplots distracting. Both were good stories, but I was more intrigued by one than the other.

Former FBI agent and profiler Sam Delvecchio brings his excellent investigative skills to his new position as a Mercy Street Foundation operative. His first case, the murder of a local soup kitchen volunteer in Sam's home state of Nebraska,...more
CJ - Drop Dead Cute
Good follow up to the last book "Cry Mercy". Because the books are written as sort of ensemble POV - certain characters get more lead time than others. Robert, Suse and Kevin are always in the books no matter way, but I would like to know more about Mal and Emme as well. Did Emme stay with that guy? How fast did Mal and Charlie's relationship progress?

I'm also dying to know how Suse and Rob will handle having a damaged child to care for as well as the obvious UST!

I mean come on!

Now, this story i...more
Jay Jessmer
I have given a lot of high ratings to books, but rarely can I say the following....what a perfectly written book. We are not talking literary genius or deep thought provoking writing here, but a riveting story and the perfect conclusion to a solid trilogy.
I don't do synopsis, there are enough of those for you to read and get the plotline. I will simply state that Ms. Stewart nailed this one. Even though anyone with any insight will figure out the riddle about 1/3 of the way through, it does no...more
Kathleen Hagen
Acts of Mercy, by Mariah Stewart, b-plus, narrated by Joyce Bean, produced by Brilliance Audio, downloaded from audible.com.

This is the third in the Mercy Street series where a rich man uses his money to set up a foundation where he hires investigators to chase down answers in cold cases. He picks the cases carefully. The latest is a cold case where a soup kitchen volunteer is murdered in Lincoln, Nebraska. He is strangled and then his body is stabbed many times after death. Sam Delvicchio has j...more
Marca
Sam Delvecchio left the FBI and finds himself hired by the Mercy Street Foundation, an agency founded by a millionaire to fund cold case investigations for people who cannot afford top investigators. His first assignment is the murder of a soup kitchen volunteer in a act so seemingly random that Sam suspects it is the work of a serial killer. He contacts the FBI to see if there are similar cases and finds there are. Beautiful Fiona Summers of the FBI arrives and she and Sam realize that someone...more
Barbara ★
Finally a satisfactory conclusion to the Robert/Beth/Ian conflict which started the series three books ago. This was a secondary storyline but much needed to close out the series.

The primary storyline was serial killer related and involved new Mercy Street agent Sam Delvecchio and FBI agent Fiona Summers. The killer was re-enacting the seven biblical acts of mercy: feed the hungry, bury the dead, visit the sick, clothe the naked, give drink to the thirsty, feed the homeless, visit the imprisoned...more
Irma
Acostumbrada a encontrar más relación entre un libro y otro en una serie, estos tres libros podrían bien ser stand-alones. Aunque son finales esperados, deja mucho a la imaginación en cuanto al desenlace final. ¿Mucha ficción?
Joyce McKune
Sam applied for a job with the Mercy Street center and his first assignment was an unsolved murder which turned out to be a serial killer.
Natalie
And book three,is about a former FBI agent who applies for a detective possition at the Mercy Street Foundation also as in the last book,trial basis on his first case,which has all the signs that he is looking for a serial killer.This killer is following the church's seven acts of Mercy.He ends up being helped by another FBI agent who was following two other cases that were similar.This one has other aspects that you wouldn't think of as the former FBI agent is suppose to be his last victem.Int...more
Kristin
Great book with a very happy ending
Susan
Very good continuing saga of the Mercy Street Foundation. I think this is the last in the series, but I wish it would continue.
Eileen
Excellent mystery and lots of characters I enjoyed. Really love this author and see she has many more books. I have read two series (3 in each) and enjoyed both series. Will be reading more of her books and enjoying the suspense as they solve the plots.
Beanse
I would like to give a detailed description of why I thought this book was GOD awful, the series poor, but I am a busy woman and the author has already sucked up too much of my time.

So I will say this. Got the audio books for free from the library. I accidentally forgot to add Disc number 3 to my itunes library.... Was grateful that I got to miss an entire disc of this nonsense. WAIST OF TIME!

Yuck!
Katherine
I really wasn't convinced by the set-up (millionaire funding a private cold-case investigative unit) and it felt like writing by numbers. None of it felt real, I could see the writer plotting away beneath the sentences. It also seemed as if every other character had a wife/loved one who had been murdered. Don't think I'll be seeking out any more from this series.
Di Terry
Dec 05, 2012 Di Terry marked it as never-finished
I read up to page 250, and found it wasn't going anywhere fast. There wasn't enough suspense and action for me. It had just started getting romantic-silly when I stopped reading.

It was ridiculous that Sam grabbed her hand to hold it, when they were work colleagues, and there had been no romantic suggestion before that (other than internal).
Jess
Another great book in the Mercy Street series. Lots of action and some great romance. I also like how the overall mystery of Robert's family isn't being drawn out. That would have turned me off to the series. But I think Stewart is adding to that suspense without with-holding details.
Veronica
Great book, couldnt stop reading...it just grabs you, althouth this was different from the others in the series, in this case things are happening as we read, it is not a unsolved case thats been there sitting for sometime, so it is a bit more nerve wraking. Still enjoyed.
Regan
OMG! Just when I think she has told the best story ever Mariah Stewart writes one that is even better than the last. If you haven't read her, you got to check her out -- I would, however, recommend starting with her first FBI books simply because they are so good.
Rena
Actually 3.5 stars.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Nov 27, 2009 Liberty Abbott-Sylvester rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: mercy-street
This is a series that I really enjoy...I enjoy the suspense and character development that Stewart creates. I can't wait to see what case the Foundation will take on next and who will become part of the family. Lots of good surprises in this book!
Amanda
This started out pretty slow, but as I progressed it got better. The plot line was a puzzle that I enjoyed putting pieces together. The killer was a complete surprise, which I enjoyed. I am not a fan of when you know who the killer is 4 chapters in.
Willow
I liked this one much better than Mercy Street. I will say it was a bit predictable as to who the bad guy was but the characters were well developed and the storytelling good enough that the lack of surprise didn't bother me.

Kay
Oct 02, 2009 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
A great follow up on the Mercy series. The characters are all interesting and the plot was good. I hope she brings the characters back in later novels. I caution you to read these books in order.
Corky
A 3rd Mercy Street Foundation installment. I enjoyed the mystery elements, the characters (especially how the author brings in characters from other series), and the resolution. Where will Mercy Street go now?
MaryHelen
This third of the Mercy series is another very good mystery and gives some resolution to Robert Magellan's situation, which has permeated through all three books. I enjoyed all of these books.
Sherry
What can I say? I was on vacation.
The killer is staging the 7 Acts of Mercy in order to 'punish' an 'old friend'.
It was a fast read and kept my attention.
Erin
I'm giving it two stars because I can't even remember that I read it, much less any details. So i'm either getting old and senile, or the book wasn't very remarkable.
  • Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)
  • In Seconds (Bulletproof, #2)
  • Fade to Black (Black CATs, #1)
  • Boneyard (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #2)
  • Every Move She Makes
  • Chosen To Die
  • Cold Pursuit (Black Falls, #1)
Mariah Stewart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-six novels and three novellas and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal. She is a RITA finalist in romantic suspense and the recipient of the Award of Excellence for contemporary romance, a RIO Award for excellence in women's fiction, and a Reviewers Choice Award from Romantic Times Magazine. A three-time winner...more
More about Mariah Stewart...
Dead Certain (Dead #2) Mercy Street (Mercy Street, #1) Dead Wrong (Dead #1) Cold Truth (Truth #1) Last Look (Last #1)