Start by marking “Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better (Devon Delaney, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better (Devon Delaney, #2)

Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better (Devon Delaney #2)

Devon Delaney cannot believe she's lying again. But the thing is, she couldn't help it. Her new boyfriend, Luke, is talking to his (gorgeous) ex-girlfriend, Bailey Barelli, every single day in mock trial. Devon couldn't just stand by and let him find out that she'd never dated anyone else before. Could she? Oopsie. Too late now.

To show how totally unaffected she is by Bail
Published September 22nd 2009 by Aladdin (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better

Wsmah
Jan 03, 2010 Wsmah rated it really liked it
Summary:
The main character in this book is Devon Delaney. She has a boyfriend, Luke, and he has an ex-girlfriend, Bailey. Luke recently has started talking to Bailey. Luke and Bailey pass notes in class and they text each other. Obviously, this behavior bothers Devon very much. Devon becomes very jealous, and wants them to stop getting so close. Devon overheard Bailey talking to her best friend, Kim, about how Bailey was going to get Luke back and away from Devon because Bailey still liked him.
Kim Crawford
DONT LIE TWICE
Joy Sallegue
Mar 19, 2015 Joy Sallegue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, middle-grade
Do you ever get days when you remember your high school or teenage days and you think to yourself, thank God it's over? I do.

Devon Delaney has a bad habit of lying. Does that make her a bad person. No, not really. She lies her way to the A-list table, makes up a fake boyfriend (first book) and a fake ex-boyfriend (second book, which is funny because now she's had more fake boyfriends than real ones) just so she can fit in the popular crowd. I am not trying to justify her actions but I do underst
Sandra Stiles
Mar 28, 2010 Sandra Stiles rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grades
Devon Delaney has a problem, she constantly feels the need to lie. Each lie must be covered by another until things eventually backfire. Devon has done it once again. She has a boyfriend named Luke. Luke's old girlfriend Bailey wants him back and will do whatever it takes to win. Devon is jealous and trying to keep up with Bailey so she creates a former ex-boyfriend. Now Bailey insists on meeting him. Devon's world of lies comes crashing down as you can expect. I loved this book. The lesson to ...more
Amber Jade
Mar 12, 2010 Amber Jade rated it liked it
This book I would recommend to anyone out there who is having trouble with their life of being a teen. Devon Delaney really gets jealous when her boyfriends ex is the new "thing" in school. Lexi her best friend is still there to support her.Friends are the only thing you need when you are going through a situation like that.
Amaiya Mack
May 13, 2014 Amaiya Mack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ftdgcgcgvh

hvhbubinombhnjnkmomomomibvhvhbjbjbbjbjbininknkninkninkmkmomkmlmominimizing b h h j u u u u u u u j j j .uk j j n duck
Hazim
Mar 15, 2010 Hazim added it
Shelves: rebecca
Rebecca-the same Devon Delany with her lies. She is so funny.
Kyra
Jul 22, 2013 Kyra rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! Luke was very nice, Devon was annoying, and bailey was annoying and rude. I would've given this book a 5/5 stars, but I didn't expect the ending and the relationship between Devon and Luke was off and on. Devon said in the book that you shouldn't lie to your boyfriend, and that there relationship was filled with "no lies" but yet Devon lied to Luke saying she had an ex boyfriend. I seriously wanted to grab Devon and shake her, yelling "STOP LYING TO LUKE AND YOUR ...more
Sabrine
Jul 15, 2012 Sabrine rated it it was amazing
Here Devon goes Again! Greg? Really!? That name for her fake boyfriend sounds like the name of a Grandpa! LOL! This book was so amazingly cute though (and by cute I mean the cute boy Luke!) Luke is just so amazing because he is totes there for Devon. He also tells her how much he likes her not Bailey. I'm like Awww! I also love the inseparable trio of Lexi, Mel, and Dev. They are just such a perfect group of three! I hope this situation happens to me in 8th grade this year! So many beautiful and ...more
Selina Ma
Jan 24, 2011 Selina Ma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 8th-grade
Erin H.
Jan 12, 2011 Erin H. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
12/28/10

Since I have read the book that comes before this in the series about Devon Delaney I can't wait to read this book as soon as I can get it!!

1/8/11

Devon has made up another lie that she made up in a sticky situation!!!!!

I highly reccomend this book, however you should read the book that comes before it, The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney. (The Parker library has it.)

1/12/11

I finished the ebook last night and I loved it!!!! At the end, Devon told the truth to her boyfriend and everythin
Tamara
Ack. Apparently thought I had read this before but actually no way I finished last time. Because this time I literally threw the book on the floor and quit for the night because I could smell a plot twist that I knew was going to make me want to kill the narrator. Of course, it's ditzy middle-grade, and that's acceptable and even positive, and I actually realized I can teach some great discussion stuff out of this book. And it's also a nice break from six months of GRRM.
Chelsea
Oct 31, 2009 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
if u think u r having boyfriend troubles its not the end of the world. ive read the frist book, the secret identidy of devon delany a yr or so ago andi just read this book (the second one) and devon had more fake bf than real ones. and she probably felt like it was the end of the world troughout the second book cuz it was a wreck with a guy who didnt even exist. i hope im not giving to much info. but it is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Minken
Mar 28, 2015 Minken rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3,5 stars

I read the first Devon Delaney book when I was her age and I loved it. Now I've read the second book and I'm almost seventeen. Honestly it wasn't as good when I was more mature. But still it was nice and nostalgic. It was a nice light read with lovable characters. Greg/Ryan/Corbin/Ethan was really cool and funny, too. Give him a chance and you'll end up loving him.
Claire
Jun 28, 2010 Claire rated it liked it
it was pretty good. I kinda liked it but it was kind of the same as the last one. she lies and makes a mistake and then everything gets really bad and then in the end its all back to normal. Again, it was okay but not the best.
Michelle Arrow
Jan 05, 2013 Michelle Arrow rated it really liked it
To me, this one was better than the first edition of the books! I was mad that Luke was flirting with Bailey! Devon totally deserves him because of all the drama she had to go through. This time, I'm not going to give out any spoilers, you need to read it to find out my lovelies. :)
Sarah W.
Mar 31, 2013 Sarah W. rated it liked it
Better than those Candy Apple books I used to read in sixth grade. Found this in seventh, on a Justice for Girls (the clothing store) shelf, so you can tell the demographic. Probably satisfactory for those 12-14.
Mikayla
Oct 30, 2011 Mikayla rated it liked it
This was a good book if you are into lots of girl drama. For me it was confusing between all the main character and her friends. Overall, though it was alright.
Emily
Dec 14, 2009 Emily rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Tween girls
Shelves: first-reads
This is a great book for tweens, I was a little advanced for this book, but I will recomend this book to the younger population!
soccersupperstar
Jul 13, 2012 soccersupperstar rated it really liked it
I really liked the book. The main character Devon ends up lying to her new boyfriend Luke. Devon gets really
Moon
Aug 02, 2016 Moon rated it it was amazing
Really good!I actually like this a teensy bit more than the first book but I'm not sure.I hope there's going to be a third one!
Morgan
Dec 22, 2010 Morgan rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER GREAT DEVON DELANEY BOOK! - FINISHED IT IN 1 NIGHT!!! Love it - seriously EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ IT!!!
Julia
Mar 12, 2011 Julia rated it really liked it
Shelves: did-not-finish
It is definitely not as good as the first one, but it is still really good!!!! I also want to read the last one, I think it is called The Melting Of Maggie Bean.
Lex13
Lex13 rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Ynonne
Ynonne rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Isabel
Isabel rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2011
Param
Param rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Sarah Parker
Sarah Parker rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2013
Alexia
Alexia rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Jennifer rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
  • Me, In Between
  • Dumped by Popular Demand (The Social Experiments of Dorie Dilts, #1)
  • Class Favorite
  • The Melting of Maggie Bean (Maggie Bean, #1)
  • One Tough Chick
  • The Sound of Your Voice, Only Really Far Away
  • This Is Me From Now On
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • Take Two (Trading Faces, #2)
  • Two Steps Forward (Steps, #2)
  • Sun Dog
  • Jumping the Nail
  • The Cupid Chronicles (Wedding Planner's Daughter, #2)
  • Deep in the Heart of High School
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)
  • Front Page Face-Off
  • Permanent Rose (Casson Family, #3)
  • My Mother Is a French Fry and Further Proof of My Fuzzed-Up Life